Summon Raging Spirit

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
Here is a poll I took for the changes.

A.I. seems to be a general consensus around the board. It is horrible, and shouldn't have changed. Often times my SRS can be found wandering off into nowhere, while an enemy is right in front of me. They seem to be really unfocused, especially in boss fights. Wasn't it enough that the damage was reduced? Why make their A.I. dumber?

http://strawpoll.me/6280482/r

I want old AI back too, and Ghazzy hates it too... Ghazyy!!!!!! When someone that plays 90% pure summoner hates it, you know you gone and fucked up! lol
SRS does 33% less damage now in 2.1 compared to 2.0 which brings it down to a good spot imho. Leveling with SRS is possible now and works really well until cruel act 4 bosses where the damage doesn't cut it anymore without good gear - but ok, you can play around that with other skills.

The new AI is a downgrade compared to the old AI; in combination with the damage reduction it can be considered as a double nerf which was unnecessary. Ajusting and balancing SRS was needed but double nerf everything (like GGG did so often in the past) can be considerd merly another knee jerk reaction imho.

Why knee jerk reaction you may ask? Double nerfing skills without enough time testing the results isn't productive at all in the long term for the game - you won't reach the "sweat spot" (where a skill is balanced but not OP at all) in a reasonable amount of time, which requires more work on the skill and more manpower from GGG which could be used more productivly in other areas.

Nerfing the damage with the old AI was fine, nerfing damage and implementing a worse AI was just unnecessary. The skill is playable in its current state - no question.

But it feels much more clunky and less enjoyable than before (no skill should "feel" bad or worse after an so called "improvement" - such changes make the game less fun and engaging if mechanics got even worde after a patch)

GGG should really do something about this issue in a short time period because this is a huge issue for an entire (not so small group) of players.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Dec 22, 2015, 8:25:15 AM
I understand the damage balance, but the new AI needs to be removed. I was facetanking a rare monster and the SRSs flew off to attack a totem out-of-screen. It makes no sense, and is, therefore, impossible to predict how and if you'll kill a dangerous foe in time.
The targeting AI for SRS is really bad for single target. When I did Atziri when Atzriri splits into her four forms it's really difficult to have all of the SRS target one form. What ends up happening is that all 50 SRS spread and attack each form when before they would attack one form and make the fight more bearable. It's irritating knowing that I cannot have force my spirits from targeting one specific mob.
at first i really disliked yeah even hated the new AI, but when u get to know how it works, and you learn how to force your spirits to do what you want it is pretty good, especially for map clearing. no matter how hard i rly want the old ai back, i have learned to live with it, and im pretty satisfied how the srs is atm, hyped about the ascendency tho. those 6 nodes, is not gonna make up for the dps loss from 2.1, but it surely helps alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkHF-tH4oA&feature=youtu.be

Deathless 2.1 uber including guide, for all you peeps who just cry instead of "WIN THE GAME"
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Feb 24, 2016, 7:53:15 AM
Myself and one other user thought it would be interesting if the srs gem had different versions. It's currently tagged fire but would it be possible to see srs being tagged cold or lightning? Changing its appearance and the damage it deals.
Nobody likes the new A.I.

Anytime you have a main damage dealer (Bosses/Exiles/Rares) and accessory mobs (white/blues), the spirits just ignore the main damage dealer target while we tank it.

It implement a new summoner tanker logic to the game "Awesome".

While killing malachai the spirit target EVERYTHING, EXCEPT Malachai. At Atizi is the same, they split and then we have 5 spirits on each clone (dying and resummoning over and over again, while we tank the damage and try to dodge).

Not even with 3 vaal hastes / +3 fire staff 6L / 6L chest with empower on buffs and generosity / and all the sh*t the build isn't good as it was before.

The damage nerf was ok, but the A.I nerf took SRS to the ground. For those who like farming Atziri especially or any boss with extra accessory monters like volcano map and crematorium for example.
"
SupaMF wrote:

Anytime you have a main damage dealer (Bosses/Exiles/Rares) and accessory mobs (white/blues), the spirits just ignore the main damage dealer target while we tank it.

While killing malachai the spirit target EVERYTHING, EXCEPT Malachai. At Atizi is the same, they split and then we have 5 spirits on each clone (dying and resummoning over and over again, while we tank the damage and try to dodge).

Not even with 3 vaal hastes / +3 fire staff 6L / 6L chest with empower on buffs and generosity / and all the sh*t the build isn't good as it was before.

The damage nerf was ok, but the A.I nerf took SRS to the ground. For those who like farming Atziri especially or any boss with extra accessory monters like volcano map and crematorium for example.

Stop qq about changes, deal and live with em ffs..
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Mar 10, 2016, 11:48:03 AM
"
devilschoice wrote:
"
SupaMF wrote:

Stop qq about changes, deal and live with em ffs..

Yes, let's not post any feedback whatsoever. New AI was designed to reflect GGGs balance policy. Fly in all directions and do nothing. Your video basically showed that. GJ, why think at all. Just live with the times. Hell, don't even vote, just live with it.
interesting question.... does SRS attacks crit ?!

on the wiki under the Poison support gem I found this interesting information :

Note - Enemies killed by the Poison DoT are always credited to the player, even if another source belonging to the player applied the Poison, and even if the player cannot deal damage themselves (such as with the Ancestral Bond keystone passive). For example, if Poison is linked to skills such as Siege Ballista or Raise Zombie, and an enemy dies as a result of a Poison applied by those skills, then the player receives credit for the kill and any gained-on-kill benefits (such as the life, mana, and Power Charges from Assassin's Mark), not the totem/minion.

I wonder if there if possible to use SRS + Poison ... and if the SRS crits does the player also benefit from the crit because of the poison support gem ?!
Whould it SRS builds start to benefit and properly use flasks with Surgeon mod ?!

This made me start a SRS build just for fun and testing :D
Long Live the Templars !!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info