Smoke Mine

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2024, 3:59:14 AM
Really like the skill, took it through a few maps. Especially the fact that laying multiple mines creates multiple clouds, even though you only teleport to the more recent one.

A couple of potential bugs:

If you place one mine, then place another mine and set off the first mine while the second is still laying, you warp to the first mine and the second appears where you were previously. Effectively allowing you an infinite loop of fast movement between those two points. I don't know if this is intentional, but it certainly makes things more interesting.

The coordinates for warping are off. You don't go back to where you placed the mine, you go slightly downward of it.

EDIT: And it appears that you need line of sight to the mine to be able to warp to it, despite it not being a targeted spell.
Last edited by Uvne on Sep 24, 2013, 11:57:18 PM
"
Uvne wrote:
If you place one mine, then place another mine and set off the first mine while the second is still laying, you warp to the first mine and the second appears where you were previously. Effectively allowing you an infinite loop of fast movement between those two points. I don't know if this is intentional, but it certainly makes things more interesting.

This is something we're aware of, and it was considered a nice quirk, a sneaky way to use the skill for repeat jumps.
Balance & Design
"
Uvne wrote:
And it appears that you need line of sight to the mine to be able to warp to it, despite it not being a targeted spell.

Agreed. I would think the usefulness would be greater if the LoS requirement were disabled, especially since the skill doesn't deal damage.

On a positive note, I can see some interesting combinations between this and Flicker Strike/Leap Slam - plus the LoS requirement does allow for another interesting combat style if you're willing to plan ahead a bit.
Last edited by rousedg on Sep 25, 2013, 5:36:34 AM
This thing is just awesome. Thanks for adding. :)
Best combined with Inc Duration and Inc AoE.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
I absolutely love this skill. What I really like is you can repeatedly place mines on your position and detonate for a continuous blind. It made the blacksmith boss a lot more manageable in his second phase with my 400 armor.
IGN - Jiizanthapus
Thanks for that fun and useful skill!

I use it with my eva/es Reave (lvl 80) shadow and Faster Casting. It's now easier to withstand some packs in combination with Whirling Blades:
e.g.: WB in the pack, drop a mine, WB to some other close mobs, trigger the mine, and you're back in the pack with the Blind effect, Reave+multistrike and it's done. Repeat if necessary.
Very useful as an emergency extraction too ;)

It's doing great using Carcass Jack and its AoE bonuses.

Another good thing is that it can be used without overlapping any curse (like Enfeeble). Very nice support skill in groups. The «blinding» duration seems good.

So far, the only drawback is the placement management and the timing due to the occasional lag and desync.

And the graphical and sound effects are very nice (it even sounds like a chemical transformation/emanation). Good Job!
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Sep 25, 2013, 11:48:36 AM
i am sorry i do not share the same enthusiasm as previous posters . the skill is mediocre at best.

it does not add mobility ,since you need to place the mine in advance and detonate , a process which overall limits your gameplay .even lightning warp "that most people frown upon ",performs better as an escape/mobility than smoke mine , you only need to cast it once (without an extra keypress for detonate" and you can still perform actions in the meantime .

It does not add utility .It is a 6second blind at lvl 20 and has a really really really small aoe range (the mob needs to stand on top of the mine to get hit by the cloud practically due to desync".so you need 3slots .smoke mine + increased aoe + Increased duration. with the same 3 slots you can have a flametotem +blind + gmp .a combo which deals damage and blinds CONSTANTLY in a bigger area and tanks hits.

my grudge is mostly with the mine mechanic. the skill would be much much better as a spell. click and go where you clicked .
I was very excited when I tried this for emergency extraction. But because of a line of sight of some rock that blocked line of sight, I was pounded to mush while I was trying to teleport back to saftey. I guess this is ok as curse/smoke effect but I don´t recommend using this as escape mechanism
Please remove the LOS requirement.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info