Reave

Disappointed, really bad skill. I would not recommend choosing Reave over Melee Splash + Double Strike etc. It's AoE is a cone effect, and the duration is absolutely terrible, and not to mention it rests upon using another skill.

I'm really... really... disappointed.............. all I have to say.
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
Alhoon wrote:
People are being very ignorant about dual wield weapon alternating skills. I guess it's natural that whining is simpler than thinking.

Let me show you how you make the most out of it. Here's a few quick pointers about Reave:

Only works with Daggers, Claws and One Handed Swords.
When dual wielding, alternates between weapons if both weapons are one of the above.
If not, only hits with appropriate weapon.

This doesn't mean that non-appropriate weapon is as good as nothing. All global modifiers (Attack Speed, Global Crit, Increased Elemental Damage, Resistances, Stats etc.) apply to the attack, and that includes modifiers from your "stat stick" weapon.

Now, take a look at this beauty that costs 1 Alch:

50% Increased Attack Speed
30% Fire Res
30% Lightning Res

Damage sucks but who cares, Reave doesn't hit with Maces so only the damage from your other weapon counts. Also saves from having to get two godlike weapons.

Now suddenly the argument is whether a Shield is better than 10% MORE Attack Speed, 50% Increased Attack Speed and bunch of resistances.

And it doesn't end here. That's just one example of a weapon. You can use anything depending on build, a good rare, Supreme Truth for ele builds, even Soul Taker.

I've got two builds that could effectively use Reave, one of which is Dual Wielding.

So, I went and stacked all these DW damage/block nodes and what do I have to show for it? Well, This.

But I have something to surprise people with, even more than Brightbeak. That's This sucker right here:

You notice, Reave is meant to work with claws. So, with this claw you could run a low life build and have 10% MORE Speed, 25% INCREASED Speed, 100% INCREASED damage, and 100% INCREASED Accuracy.

Let's say you have two really good claws. 300 DPS each. If you gave it a cleave-like effect you're looking at what 30% decreased damage on the weapons? 210DPS each now, and together they give your 420DPs.

With Last Resort and a Single 300DPS claw, You're looking at around 600DPS for the main claw. Since the skill alternates though, that crummy 50dps from last resort is added into the mix and it makes it terrible.

The issue everyone has with the skill isn't that it doesn't use both weapons, it's that the skill -alternates- if it had a cleave like effect or it just used the main hand weapon it'd be much better. The alternating effect forces you to have two powerful claws/daggers/swords or to go with a single weapon and a shield.

So for those who've built for Dual wielding, Reave is bad, even though it was said to be "compatible" for Dual Wielding when it was teased.

Until Reave is "Fixed" Dual Wielders should use Brightbeak, definitely, or perhaps an awesome mace or something. Sadly, Last Resort seems perfect for Reave, but the mechanics prevent it from being useful currently.

GGG you have the ability to make this skill amazing while still being very balanced in comparison to other skills and support combos. I trust the right decision will be made.

Hate to burst your bubble but that claw will take it's turn attacking, gimping your dps considerably. There's a reason they are suggesting the off hand being something that won't attack.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble but that claw will take it's turn attacking, gimping your dps considerably. There's a reason they are suggesting the off hand being something that won't attack.

Yeah, that's... That's what he said. Hence him saying "Sadly, Last Resort seems perfect for Reave, but the mechanics prevent it from being useful currently."
"
Delirii wrote:
"
as for the dual wield debate, you do not have to give double dps, but some incentive to go dual wield claws would be nice!! this was supposed to be a skill to finaly make claws useful..

And as someone who played his claw-shadow since CB and doing the first maps with just Whirling Blades as an AoE, I can say: this skill does make them a lot more useful then before.

i still play the very same too i had at the very start too, claw shadow, and it is very obvious this skill brings nothing new to the table over splash+ skill and/or lightning strike.

make it usefull ffs, it has no real synergy with claws or dagger in particular except being limited to those and hugely loses dps wise to cleave blender which is more mobile and dishes out more dps!!!
Someone help me out with some maths?

If i pick up all the "increased radius of area skills" nodes, i get:
1) 52% increased Radius of Area Skills
2) 20% increased Area Damage

Do these apply?

The final stack would be 5.46 larger radius than the original stack which = ?

Anyone tell me how many screens that is at maximum zoom?
Playing as a 47 shadow, Ev-Es with daggers in anarchy league:

Good thoughts:
Reave have fun mechanic.
Fills a big hole in the not many skills for dagger-only users, finally an aoe dedicated skill !
I like the limitation in weaponry and the non both weapons attacks, making it unique.
Great for both elemental o physical damage focused char.

Complains and suggestions:
Stacks really last too short, desync, a little stun or a movement will 100% make you loose all the stacks.
Set a longer timer or make stacks decrease one by one (for uniquer and funnyer behavior xD) so you don't have to build up again from zero after such a short delay, feeling also more consistent.

The animation makes the area affected unclear.

Largher cone so you can hit targhets at your frontside and side more ofthen (little less than cleave would be perfect, so that it will affects remoter targhets on a tighter area compared to cleave).
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
Alhoon wrote:
People are being very ignorant about dual wield weapon alternating skills. I guess it's natural that whining is simpler than thinking.

Let me show you how you make the most out of it. Here's a few quick pointers about Reave:

Only works with Daggers, Claws and One Handed Swords.
When dual wielding, alternates between weapons if both weapons are one of the above.
If not, only hits with appropriate weapon.

This doesn't mean that non-appropriate weapon is as good as nothing. All global modifiers (Attack Speed, Global Crit, Increased Elemental Damage, Resistances, Stats etc.) apply to the attack, and that includes modifiers from your "stat stick" weapon.

Now, take a look at this beauty that costs 1 Alch:

50% Increased Attack Speed
30% Fire Res
30% Lightning Res

Damage sucks but who cares, Reave doesn't hit with Maces so only the damage from your other weapon counts. Also saves from having to get two godlike weapons.

Now suddenly the argument is whether a Shield is better than 10% MORE Attack Speed, 50% Increased Attack Speed and bunch of resistances.

And it doesn't end here. That's just one example of a weapon. You can use anything depending on build, a good rare, Supreme Truth for ele builds, even Soul Taker.

I've got two builds that could effectively use Reave, one of which is Dual Wielding.

So, I went and stacked all these DW damage/block nodes and what do I have to show for it? Well, This.

But I have something to surprise people with, even more than Brightbeak. That's This sucker right here:

You notice, Reave is meant to work with claws. So, with this claw you could run a low life build and have 10% MORE Speed, 25% INCREASED Speed, 100% INCREASED damage, and 100% INCREASED Accuracy.

Let's say you have two really good claws. 300 DPS each. If you gave it a cleave-like effect you're looking at what 30% decreased damage on the weapons? 210DPS each now, and together they give your 420DPs.

With Last Resort and a Single 300DPS claw, You're looking at around 600DPS for the main claw. Since the skill alternates though, that crummy 50dps from last resort is added into the mix and it makes it terrible.

The issue everyone has with the skill isn't that it doesn't use both weapons, it's that the skill -alternates- if it had a cleave like effect or it just used the main hand weapon it'd be much better. The alternating effect forces you to have two powerful claws/daggers/swords or to go with a single weapon and a shield.

So for those who've built for Dual wielding, Reave is bad, even though it was said to be "compatible" for Dual Wielding when it was teased.

Until Reave is "Fixed" Dual Wielders should use Brightbeak, definitely, or perhaps an awesome mace or something. Sadly, Last Resort seems perfect for Reave, but the mechanics prevent it from being useful currently.

GGG you have the ability to make this skill amazing while still being very balanced in comparison to other skills and support combos. I trust the right decision will be made.

SEOINAGE if you want critizie just read carfuly please
https://www.twitch.tv/sober667
Last edited by sober667 on Aug 21, 2013, 11:07:22 AM
seems to me that there are some serious Hit-detection problems with the skill.

Nothing much to say about the build and gear used. I started a new Duelist and tested it until lvl 15/end of Act 1.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 21, 2013, 11:12:20 AM
What is everyone linking to this skill for 1H reave builds? I scrolled through 9 pages just to hear most people ranting and only a few constructive posts. I got a 5l and don't know what i should link. TRyng reave-FA-melee damage-added fire-blood magic. The BM kinda sucks but i don't have way to sustain mana atm. Anyone have any better ideas please post.
Yes my mistake jumping to conclusions after his first statement about it's dps. And I understand his point, it is just unfortunate for dual wielders.

I currently use cyclone as dual wield, and it is quite effective. Even though I alternate weapons. Going to try reave on that character, and I imagine it should still be half way ok since that character has strong weapons, but not worth using. Thing is I am playing on onslaught now, and I don't know if I will use this skill with the intended character anymore. It can be modified to use 1 hander and shield, but even then I don't know if it will be that effective.

I had a feeling what they meant by dw compatible was it would alternate weapons, but I sure wish it truly was dw viable like cleave and ds, in fact I hoped that was what they meant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info