Reave

so can't curse / use another attack without breaking the charges?
Well, I gotta say: thanks for adding this skill. You kept me waiting long enough. :)

The charges are lost pretty fast, but since this skill favours high attack speed anyway, it's no big deal to build them up again quickly.

However, I don't like the look of it that much, doesn't really fit my gory character, but I guess we'll see some microtransaction for it sooner or later.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
i played around with reave and i really like it, but i think it has the same problem, melee splash had a while ago, because the wave of reave should hit way more often.

i am playing a crit dagger ranger at level 79 and reave has a 85% chance to hit with additional accuracy and a 81% chance to hit without. i tried the skill only in fellshrine so far but i notice that sometimes monsters doesnt get hit 3 or 4 times in a row.

it looks like they get hit, as they play some kind of animation, maybe they even get stunned, i cant really tell. But they get no damage. This happens in every vicinity inside the cone.

but other than that, and i hope that it gets fixed, i really like the skill as it brings a more kiting gameplay style to my ranger, which complements evasion in my opinion. i used double strike melee splash multistrike before and with that setup i had to stand much deeper in the fray.

greetings
"
The stacks degenerate quickly. Would it make more sense to lose a stack at each loss interval instead of losing the entire lot. This way we should run in and hit mobs then escape.

I like this idea a lot, it still allows the skill's AoE to degenerate with a period of disuse, but would allow kiting or repositioning to be possible.

AoE not being a 360 degree effect is unexpected and disappointing. More AoE buff being local to this skill is expected, but also dissapointing.

I also came here to mention the lack of "ALL charges lost when using a different skill" in the description. It's a nice mechanic and should stick around though.

The character moving to the 0 charges range before attacking does not help when the charge duration is so short that all charges are lost by the time the char arrives. having some way to passively alter the duration of the AoE charges, or having Increased Duration gem work with it would help a little, but % based increases to something so short would not make it OP in my opinion.

All in all, this skill did not meet with my expectations for it, but damage-wise it seems to be functional. Many people are mentioning that it doesn't do as much as Dual Strike supported with Melee Splash, but there are two very good reasons for this.
- The AoE doesn't require a support gem and therefore one can use another gem
- The AoE is a lot larger than Mellee Splash and therefore does more damage against large mobs(groups of enemies).

I am currently extremely disappointed with this skill. As a level 84 low life crit dagger templar, I just can't see the justification in making the AoE reset upon using a different skill. It was supposed to be a dagger/claw weapon, but both weapons utilize critical strikes very well. What this does is make the increased AoE completely negligible, because you should be killing packs in 1 to 2 hits, and then it's absolutely impossible to get to the next pack without the area resetting. Overall the skill is worse in every way in comparison to melee splash double strike. You are not only doing way less damage, but your average AoE is way higher with melee splash. I suppose it could be more useful in groups, but I also tend to kill everything in 6 man groups in 1-2 crits as well.

EDIT: I suppose it actually has better mana management, and CI can drop splash for melee damage, which could make it do more dps than double strike since I dropped splash for added fire. I guess CI wins again.
IGN - Wolens
or if on other account, IGN - Vissej
Last edited by Caustic on Aug 21, 2013, 7:23:02 AM
"
Caustic wrote:
I am currently extremely disappointed with this skill. As a level 84 low life crit dagger templar, I just can't see the justification in making the AoE reset upon using a different skill. It was supposed to be a dagger/claw weapon, but both weapons utilize critical strikes very well. What this does is make the increased AoE completely negligible, because you should be killing packs in 1 to 2 hits, and then it's absolutely impossible to get to the next pack without the area resetting. Overall the skill is worse in every way in comparison to melee splash double strike. You are not only doing way less damage, but your average AoE is way higher with melee splash. I suppose it could be more useful in groups, but I also tend to kill everything in 6 man groups in 1-2 crits as well.

Explain to me how you are doing less damage?

Dual Strike + Melee Splash vs Reave + Concentrated Effect; explain to me how the former does more damage than the latter?

Edit: Just noticed you said "double strike", but that one is good to to explain to me:D. Explain how double strike + melee splash does higher dmg than Reave + Concentrated Effect.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Aug 21, 2013, 7:02:02 AM
i just cant hold it in, this skill is very underwhelming...

first of all GGG look at frigging DISCHARGE builds, and then tell me if it makes sense at all to go melee in poe at all.
so far in my tests cyclone worked better then reave (lvl 13 so far), and if it was not for desync i would stick with it!!
how can you make sense of reave when there are melee builds like facebreaker cyclone or dual wield cleave blender???
i have incredibly expensive gear in comparison to those and honestly feel on par at best...

now on the point of reave, how about a more signiffican quality bonus? like something useful for example?

as for the dual wield debate, you do not have to give double dps, but some incentive to go dual wield claws would be nice!! this was supposed to be a skill to finaly make claws useful..

"son, i am disappoint"
"
as for the dual wield debate, you do not have to give double dps, but some incentive to go dual wield claws would be nice!! this was supposed to be a skill to finaly make claws useful..

And as someone who played his claw-shadow since CB and doing the first maps with just Whirling Blades as an AoE, I can say: this skill does make them a lot more useful then before.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
mazul wrote:

Explain to me how you are doing less damage?

With a level 18 double strike and melee splash I do 15k damage. With a level 9 Reave and level 16 added fire I do 12k. I seriously doubt that an extra 9 levels which will be 36% increased melee damage is going to do jack shit to span that 3k gap. And conc effect will only make the aoe so so much worse than it already is.
IGN - Wolens
or if on other account, IGN - Vissej
AOE is great, damage is OK, but charge duration time is way too low. Like other people say loosing one charge per time (per 1 or 2 seconds) should be good. Currently it is hard too keep charges between packs even in the same room.

About loosing charges by using other skills, there is no tooltip but it looks like this is there. This is bad direction and I think it should be exactly the opposite, skill should synergy with other skills rather than force you to use only him. Something like +2% or +3% increase area per charge to all other skills would be very nice. It could be used as secondary support skill then.

In the end with my current crit dagger build i don't think i will switch from Double strike and Cyclone to Reave, and without any synergies it is possible that I won't be using this at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info