Reave

why
does not affect the duration?
Wouldn't linking it with melee splash have the same effect on the radius of the move as it does on other skills and thus help with the "lol cone only hits 2 guise" stuff?
"
Wizardhawk wrote:
Wouldn't linking it with melee splash have the same effect on the radius of the move as it does on other skills and thus help with the "lol cone only hits 2 guise" stuff?

The skill is tagged AOE. Melee Splash won't work.
IGN - Jiizanthapus
"
sidtherat wrote:
why
does not affect the duration?

Check the first page, Mark said:
"
The skill counter cannot be increased or manipulated in any way.

"
Wizardhawk wrote:

Can't be linked, splash is for single target skills only (except infernal but that one has an aoe as a secondary effect, it's not really part of the attack, more like an added detonate dead).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
inamory wrote:
i'm lvl 85 using dual wield and i've used reave with bringer of rain linked with multistrike, added fire dmg, critical damage.

i'm very disappointed with this skill in regards to dual wielding because it alternates weapon when dual wielding. this makes the damage poor against high hp mobs. cleave uses both weapons while dual wielding and can also be used with a shield. why doesn't reave do the same?

as it is now, there's no way i'm going to use reave on dual wield as i get the same result using a shield. the 10% attack speed bonus simply doesn't justify alternating the weapons and losing damage on bosses. white mobs are irrelevant as with 20k+ dps they die instantly.

please consider changing it to hit with both weapons at the same time or at least give us a reason for why it doesn't do so :(

i'm very sad.

only positive thing is that the aoe range is good. but my dual strike + melee splash still is better for dual wielding because the damage is higher.

edit: even with damage penalty hitting with both weapons is still better than alternating.

2 weapons, one does INSANE lightning damage, the other INSANE cold damage, alternate with the key stone that debuffs monsters with -2 resists +1 resist (one you hit with). Might see a HUGE DPS increase, especially against purity/golems.
Oh ok i'm not very familiar with melee builds, my main two chars are a LA ranger and a dual spork totem low-life.

Any opinions on using tri-ele weapons vs pure physical weapons with this build (most likely 1h sword + shield based)? Would a combo of bringer of rain and blood dance be enough to keep up my endurance/frenzy charges as I go or would it require a frenzy gem to build up charges before I go in and reave every time I find a new pack of monsters?
"
Daggermaniac wrote:
2 weapons, one does INSANE lightning damage, the other INSANE cold damage, alternate with the key stone that debuffs monsters with -2 resists +1 resist (one you hit with). Might see a HUGE DPS increase, especially against purity/golems.

And then you pick up a ring with +Lightning damage and you're boned.

It's theoretically possible to do (probably best to go for Lightning from gear, Fire and Cold on your weapons), but it's incredibly hard and all you're doing is recovering your damage potential from running weaker weapons. Only the Elemental damage on your weapons benefits, and that is only the two Elemental rolls on two weapons. At least they can have a second element, which...
Is constantly screwed by Elemental Equilibruim! That's going to be a significant portion of your damage because the rest of your gear focuses entirely on that element as well (Thunderfists, Wakes).

I'd be interested in seeing someone making an EE Melee build, but I'm also very skeptical of its effectiveness.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 21, 2013, 2:05:27 PM
after playing with this skill exclusively for few hours i replaced it with double strike and replaced melee dmg for melee splash and im killing stuff much easier and faster. no fuss, no need to aim, no need to reposition, YOU CAN PICK ITEMS without loosing effectiveness.

what is the point of this skill? has anyone any idea about that niche it is to fill? that cone damage is (coupled with desync) tragic, same as that fixed timer duration (that effectively makes it a 0stack skill in most situations as you cannot use any movement skill).

has anyone any ideas? when i started testing it and played with it it seemed ok - but after accidentaly swapping it with double strike (not dual strike!) and seeing that it performs much better..
"
Daggermaniac wrote:

"
Vipermagi wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing someone making an EE Melee build, but I'm also very skeptical of its effectiveness.

Much better option is using Flame or Incinerate totem only to debuff enemies to cold and apply blind, it hits fast so you rarely hit an undebuffed target and blind is pretty much up all the time. Than use Glacial+splash or LS to mop things up. You don't have to micromanage elemental damage on weapons and totem provides offensive and defensive support.

The only snag is Equilibrium not really suited for party play, unless you fill your party with cold and lightning users.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 21, 2013, 2:17:51 PM
e
Last edited by Nangingg on Aug 21, 2013, 3:31:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info