Reave

"
Caidrin wrote:
Now im sad that Ephemeral Edge is a sword >.>

You and me both :P
Great increase in DPS switching from double strike + melee splash to reaver + melee physical damage. Well thought out skill for 1H + shield users, I'm pleasantly surprised.
"
Antilogy wrote:
The "buff" time is way too short. Or the cone is too limiting.

Reave seem like the perfect run in and out of mobs type of skill. Yet running in to mobs to build up charges and then losing those charges running out defeats the purpose of hit and run tactics.

I see this as a hit and run skill because of the cone effect it has which wouldn't be so terrible if you could actually kite and not lose the buff. At the same time having to stay in the mobs to keep up the buffs would suggest you're supposed to tanks with this skill; but if you stay in the mob you eventually get surrounded and with the terrible cone effect you can't do damage to mobs behind you.

So either make the aoe 360 (preferred) or increase the "buff" timer to allow people to kite without losing the stacks.

you technically can kite with it after you've built up the charges, though you have to be quick about it. Hits made with the AoE wave don't seem to generate stacks, but they will sustain and prolong their duration.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
Antilogy wrote:
The "buff" time is way too short. Or the cone is too limiting.

Reave seem like the perfect run in and out of mobs type of skill. Yet running in to mobs to build up charges and then losing those charges running out defeats the purpose of hit and run tactics.

I see this as a hit and run skill because of the cone effect it has which wouldn't be so terrible if you could actually kite and not lose the buff. At the same time having to stay in the mobs to keep up the buffs would suggest you're supposed to tanks with this skill; but if you stay in the mob you eventually get surrounded and with the terrible cone effect you can't do damage to mobs behind you.

So either make the aoe 360 (preferred) or increase the "buff" timer to allow people to kite without losing the stacks.

you technically can kite with it after you've built up the charges, though you have to be quick about it. Hits made with the AoE wave don't seem to generate stacks, but they will sustain and prolong their duration.

In onslaught constantly changing my position to keep monsters from surrounding me I kept losing the charges. As well as trying to efficiently kill everything quickly only having to attack behind me to kill what was able to run past me.
IGN:
@Antilogy
At work ATM and itching to get home, download and try out.

Can anyone confirm if "Inner Force" boosts the buff from Cleave?

Cheers
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
man this skill was super fun to use though i think the name is completely off on it. i feel something like sonic boom/wave would have been better make me feel like guile when i use it.

the buff from it seems to kill the skill though way too short for use have to pay attention to it when fighting to keep it up and the outer edge doesn't seem to refresh the buff. i think the wave needs to be a lil more visible or become more visible as you get stacks cause it is a lil hard to keep track of it if you're not hitting. the skill itself is very satisfying other than those two things for me at least and i could live with the wave staying the same long as the buff itself lasts longer.
I would like it if this skill either lost stacks one at a time rather than all at once, or if it was affected by skill duration. Repositioning with a conal AOE is incredibly powerful and I'm disappointed that Reave is more suited for spinning in place and facetanking.
Last edited by TechnicalKnock on Aug 21, 2013, 2:21:20 AM
When I use this skill, monsters flinch like they got hit but no damage happens.

Someone told me that its the monsters blocking, but ive never had this before and the monsters im referring to do not have shields.

Its extremely annoying.
IGN: RennacVD
devs, does master of the arena or daressos salute amulet increase the AOE range of reave? i tried to test it with daresson but i simply can't tell.
My Build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496321
Gear shops thread: 486133 and 460916
Jewelry shop thread: 512124
IGN: Elyf
"
inamory wrote:
devs, does master of the arena or daressos salute amulet increase the AOE range of reave? i tried to test it with daresson but i simply can't tell.

Master of the Arena doesn't increase the range of the visual wave that projects (which does scale with the Reave stacks) so I assume that it doesn't change the hitbox either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info