My friend got banned for no reason!? What are the options?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
zyrotheisz wrote:
That is what u are saying, based on what u believe... In any automated system, there will be false positives, and in such cases they should apologise for the incovenience.

So here is the thing, to get caught on an automated system that is had years to mature you need to be doing something dodgy, the fact that 99.99% of players manage to play and NOT get banned indicates that false positives are very rare.

The OP may have been border line and is now being used as a test.

At no point should an apology be issued in this case, it's not a "ohh you were totally innocent sorry about that", it's more of a "look, we know you are cheating, but we are willing to forgive it since it was minor or something we want to monitor, just don't do it again"

The problem with saying sorry, especially for those that are hard of understanding is that YOU take it as GGG are at fault, and by extension they are at fault for everything a player dose.

I don't know OP, I don't know if he is telling the truth... What I am saying is if their system was at fault, they should apologise (privately) for the inconvenience.... You can feel free to disagree, and that doesnt matter...
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
With PoE 1 being a skeleton crew I wouldn't risk handing out expensive items to friends either. The odds of a human spending more than 5 seconds looking at logs is low.

That's a dumb take.

PoE has a skeleton DEVELOPMENT crew, support is the same...it didn't go anywhere, they have not laid people off, they are not getting moved to PoE2 (because there is no need for player support yet)

the only thing that will have changed is detection methods and support being more sure that what people are getting flagged for and banned for is actually correct.

Wouldn't bet my account on that when people are getting chat mutes for no reason just from people falsely reporting them. No way support is actually spending time reviewing cases.
"
Glardomos wrote:
My friend got banned for no apparent reason. Reason for ban in his account is "Third Party Software", BUT the only third party software he used is APT (awakened poe trade) which is allowed and POB (path of building). As I know third party software can be RMT, BUT again he was never involved in such activities. He wrote to support email and ban appeal email and got same automatic answer. About his ban appeal, he asked the reason and got answer that he violated section 7 of Terms of Use which is a lot of things. He played around 500 hours and even bought some support packs so at least he want to know the exact reason to prevent his next account from ban, of course if it's even possible. I know that support can not share information about other account so I'm asking the community, maybe you or your friends were in similar situations. What are the remaining options left or there is no hope what so ever?

I've talked with GGG on several occasions and they are always prompt and extremely helpful and understanding. Sorry but if he got banned I think he was doing something he was not telling you about. I've dealt with GGG since this game was only 2 acts in beta and they have always been extremely kind and fair.
i have the same problem in my main account and nobody answer the appeal to the ban .

im new on the game and i spent money on packs and tabs . bad support :)
"
Malditojuego wrote:
i have the same problem in my main account and nobody answer the appeal to the ban .

hoho buying packs and tabs doesn't exclude you from the rules.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
Malditojuego wrote:

i dont think so its me :)
"
Malditojuego wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
Malditojuego wrote:

i dont think so its me :)
dont hack. easy
I have strong hope that they are detecting and banning the other non bot apps that are being used to cheat. (Cheating) is lame, and they need to keep their (Eagle) eyes tuned for any new or modified ones that pop up and squash them on a regular cadence.
I hope GGG updates their stance and all this third party junk is gone or banned with PoE"2". No logout macro, no cringe overlays - nothing.
How do I use automation scripts.

Asking for "a friend".

LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info