My friend got banned for no reason!? What are the options?

I swear, sometimes it looks like some people/players are unable to understand why GGG cannot tell you the details as to why you are getting banned. The same goes for naming and shaming on the forums. Both very important rules that some people struggle to understand. In this very thread "people" are even responding with "lmao" to GGG for not just straight out telling them every little detail about a ban.

Thousands of people have been using Awakened PoE Trade for years. I really struggle to see how a handful of people can be banned for this. Sure, there have been some functions and features in some price checkers/trade enhancers that straight out break the ToS, and I'm sure there still are. But if you only use it for price checking (reading in-game info), you are probably very safe.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Well, it would be good for you to NAME That reason if you are making fun of people who dont know, but fine I will do it for you.

They dont do that because if you dont know what got you banned its way harder to avoid being banned (for same thing) next time. It would help those 3rd party tools creators make their tool harder to detect and make it harder for GGG to prevent people from "cheating".
Last edited by Aynix on May 3, 2024, 4:52:05 AM
"
Glardomos wrote:
My friend got banned for no apparent reason. Reason for ban in his account is "Third Party Software", BUT the only third party software he used is APT (awakened poe trade) which is allowed and POB (path of building). As I know third party software can be RMT, BUT again he was never involved in such activities. He wrote to support email and ban appeal email and got same automatic answer. About his ban appeal, he asked the reason and got answer that he violated section 7 of Terms of Use which is a lot of things. He played around 500 hours and even bought some support packs so at least he want to know the exact reason to prevent his next account from ban, of course if it's even possible. I know that support can not share information about other account so I'm asking the community, maybe you or your friends were in similar situations. What are the remaining options left or there is no hope what so ever?

Your friend likes to trade bot ;). They all do when the banhammer hits Swift all they do is cry hoho.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:
i was banned for the same reason. i emailed support and 20min later got automatic response they will look into it and message me back. 3 weeks later i got 2 sentence back "ok we give you the benefit of the doubt but look into our tos so you dont get banned again". no apologies nothing. i asked again why i got banned anyways and they just said they will not tell me lmao. happens to a lot of people, saw streamers and content creators get banned and unbanned. i doubt they have automatic flagging system or else the whole process would be a lot easier. i think they just ban you if a player reports you and then when they have time and you email they look over it and see if the ban is even justified or not. thats the only way i can think of it and how other games do it as well (blizzard games ban players automatically after a player report). might also be why some people get banned in global chat for writing simple things such as "lol" which i have seen posted her recently as well. i guess all you can do is hope support has a good day when looking over your email. keep it short and on point, no emotions i recommend, so you not piss off the support guy. unfortunately we cant do anything as a community about this nonsense. as too many are obviously too amused by other players getting banned. evil people love to point fingers at others and call them evil.

kool story bro, but just a story, nothing that ever really happened.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
Aynix wrote:
Well, it would be good for you to NAME That reason if you are making fun of people who dont know

It shouldn't really be necessary. And I don't think I was making fun of them. Well, maybe. I don't know.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
If you have a keyboard or mouse with macro functionality don't set anything to do 2 actions with 1 click, or set anything that repeats a single click at an interval. I think that's what most people are catching bans for these days.

With PoE 1 being a skeleton crew I wouldn't risk handing out expensive items to friends either. The odds of a human spending more than 5 seconds looking at logs is low.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
With PoE 1 being a skeleton crew I wouldn't risk handing out expensive items to friends either. The odds of a human spending more than 5 seconds looking at logs is low.

That's a dumb take.

PoE has a skeleton DEVELOPMENT crew, support is the same...it didn't go anywhere, they have not laid people off, they are not getting moved to PoE2 (because there is no need for player support yet)

the only thing that will have changed is detection methods and support being more sure that what people are getting flagged for and banned for is actually correct.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
zyrotheisz wrote:
They should apologise for banning u without a reason, thats awful.... shame on ggg.

If you bothered to read what he wrote there you can tell it was NOT for no reason.

The only reason he was unbanned is because GGG were not quite sure enough to keep it permanent even though the system had flagged them probably multiple times.

FYI they would monitor that account to see if they keep getting flagged afterwards.

That is what u are saying, based on what u believe... In any automated system, there will be false positives, and in such cases they should apologise for the incovenience.
"
zyrotheisz wrote:
That is what u are saying, based on what u believe... In any automated system, there will be false positives, and in such cases they should apologise for the incovenience.

So here is the thing, to get caught on an automated system that is had years to mature you need to be doing something dodgy, the fact that 99.99% of players manage to play and NOT get banned indicates that false positives are very rare.

The OP may have been border line and is now being used as a test.

At no point should an apology be issued in this case, it's not a "ohh you were totally innocent sorry about that", it's more of a "look, we know you are cheating, but we are willing to forgive it since it was minor or something we want to monitor, just don't do it again"

The problem with saying sorry, especially for those that are hard of understanding is that YOU take it as GGG are at fault, and by extension they are at fault for everything a player dose.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Knowingly perform any actions that may cause the computers used to support the Website, Materials and Services (the "Servers") to become overloaded or crash.

your friend simply played a laggy build on best servers ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info