My friend got banned for no reason!? What are the options?

i was banned for the same reason. i emailed support and 20min later got automatic response they will look into it and message me back. 3 weeks later i got 2 sentence back "ok we give you the benefit of the doubt but look into our tos so you dont get banned again". no apologies nothing. i asked again why i got banned anyways and they just said they will not tell me lmao. happens to a lot of people, saw streamers and content creators get banned and unbanned. i doubt they have automatic flagging system or else the whole process would be a lot easier. i think they just ban you if a player reports you and then when they have time and you email they look over it and see if the ban is even justified or not. thats the only way i can think of it and how other games do it as well (blizzard games ban players automatically after a player report). might also be why some people get banned in global chat for writing simple things such as "lol" which i have seen posted her recently as well. i guess all you can do is hope support has a good day when looking over your email. keep it short and on point, no emotions i recommend, so you not piss off the support guy. unfortunately we cant do anything as a community about this nonsense. as too many are obviously too amused by other players getting banned. evil people love to point fingers at others and call them evil.
Last edited by BimboBoy1994 on May 2, 2024, 4:15:21 PM
Yea sure, "a report"
Apparently it's just a single report that's enough and GGG has literally nothing to check on suspicious activity. Yup
"
imanubcake wrote:
Yea sure, "a report"
Apparently it's just a single report that's enough and GGG has literally nothing to check on suspicious activity. Yup
For reals, something isn't holding up with these ' i did nothing ' stories.

Its like the ones that say they did nothing wrong to get muted, but have months of mute time.
"
kyobusa wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:
Yea sure, "a report"

Its like the ones that say they did nothing wrong to get muted, but have months of mute time.

Because they know that if they were honest about it people wouldn't take them seriously. Better to lie and stirr up some drama on the way out the door, I guess

"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:
unfortunately we cant do anything as a community about this nonsense. as too many are obviously too amused by other players getting banned. evil people love to point fingers at others and call them evil.

I'm not sure who this "community" is you are talking about but most people are happy with GGG taking action against toxicity in global chat. God knows we have too much of that still
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 2, 2024, 10:05:18 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
kyobusa wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:
Yea sure, "a report"

Because they know that if they were honest about it people wouldn't take them seriously. Better to lie and stirr up some drama on the way out the door, I guess

Also in other games this is done by owners of bot accounts in waves.
To pretend that there's been a ban wave of innocent people
"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:
i was banned for the same reason. i emailed support and 20min later got automatic response they will look into it and message me back. 3 weeks later i got 2 sentence back "ok we give you the benefit of the doubt but look into our tos so you dont get banned again". no apologies nothing. i asked again why i got banned anyways and they just said they will not tell me lmao. happens to a lot of people, saw streamers and content creators get banned and unbanned. i doubt they have automatic flagging system or else the whole process would be a lot easier. i think they just ban you if a player reports you and then when they have time and you email they look over it and see if the ban is even justified or not. thats the only way i can think of it and how other games do it as well (blizzard games ban players automatically after a player report). might also be why some people get banned in global chat for writing simple things such as "lol" which i have seen posted her recently as well. i guess all you can do is hope support has a good day when looking over your email. keep it short and on point, no emotions i recommend, so you not piss off the support guy. unfortunately we cant do anything as a community about this nonsense. as too many are obviously too amused by other players getting banned. evil people love to point fingers at others and call them evil.

They should apologise for banning u without a reason, thats awful.... shame on ggg.
edited.
Last edited by BimboBoy1994 on May 3, 2024, 2:59:17 AM
"
BimboBoy1994 wrote:
edited.

So it was a 3rd party tool.
"no reason" yup
There always is a reason lmao.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
zyrotheisz wrote:
They should apologise for banning u without a reason, thats awful.... shame on ggg.

If you bothered to read what he wrote there you can tell it was NOT for no reason.

The only reason he was unbanned is because GGG were not quite sure enough to keep it permanent even though the system had flagged them probably multiple times.

FYI they would monitor that account to see if they keep getting flagged afterwards.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info