Game Has Died,

"
Play no rest for the wicked till PoE2; got it :)

Then try out PoE 2 and go back ^ ^
"
Nomancs wrote:
from other similar topic:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Because some people bothered GGG about removing sextants as they didin’t want to prepare their maps, like:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3439166
They also didin’t want to run lab and didint want to buy enchants.

Be careful what you wish for.

It seems the guy who demanded sextant to be removed is not interested in playing after he got what he wanted.

I find the association with sextant removal being too "busy" hilarious considering that the new scarab system is by comparison a micro-management nightmare. I honestly don't know why they bothered with the 20-point node that prevents all scarab interaction when they nerfed all the drops to absolute garbage without them.

To top it off, we know have both hyper-inflation and hyper-deflation of various items at the same time making the economy a complete mess. Yes, I know how that sounds. The gap in relative value between what would normally be considered "expensive" items and "farmable" items has grown to an absurd magnitude.

I see one of two possibilities...either 1) They don't know what they are doing with this game or 2) they are breaking it on purpose. In either case, it feels like crap.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Angrybagel wrote:

I honestly don't know why they bothered with the 20-point node that prevents all scarab interaction when they nerfed all the drops to absolute garbage without them.

I was wondering myself about that problem when I'm near full clearing many rare/corrupted T14-16 maps now after the patch and I'm lucky to find ONE chaos orb after an hour. This is with all the strongbox nodes with some ritual fishing for better favors and some map nodes because map drop chances were wrecked too.

I could run the same setup before the patch at lower map tiers (e.g. 8-10) for a few hours and come out with 20-30 chaos orbs and a bunch of other useful stuff. Now I run the same map clearing approach and I come out with 3 chromatic orbs and nothing else but a mountain of useless rares and wonder "am I missing something?"

Why don't ALL scarabs of a particular type (e.g. ritual) guarantee that content to be present in your map? Why do I need to constantly trade or farm lower maps for the basic "your map will contain blah blah" scarab? This is supposed to be simpler than sextants or simply "alch and go" which generated way better results before this patch? Do they expect me to fork out 3 chaos every time I want a particular feature to appear in my map before I put in the more advanced scarabs for that feature into the map device? I didn't have to do any of this garbage before the patch.

I found 2 divines from a rare strongbox last night in T16 and it was my first div drop since the patch. I think in that same timeframe I've found (dropped) a total of 20 chaos? What the hell happened to the base drops.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 21, 2024, 12:58:07 PM
"
mnieradko wrote:
I found 2 divines from a rare strongbox last night in T16 and it was my first div drop since the patch. I think in that same timeframe I've found (dropped) a total of 20 chaos? What the hell happened to the base drops.

Just fast look at your account and I can say with certainty that you are exaggerating. You people need to calm down.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
mnieradko wrote:

Just fast look at your account and I can say with certainty that you are exaggerating. You people need to calm down.

Riiiiiiiiight...everything that doesn't agree with your "this is fine" narrative is exaggerating.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
Angrybagel wrote:
Riiiiiiiiight...everything that doesn't agree with your "this is fine" narrative is exaggerating.

I am sorry, but he doesn't have leveled gems even on standard. You won't tell me that he played enough to tell that drop rate changed.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Apr 21, 2024, 3:19:02 PM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:

I am sorry, but he doesn't have leveled gems even on standard. You won't tell me that he played enough to tell that drop rate changed.

lol
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:

Dude I have multiple sets of equipped 20/20 gems right now that I am using to run T14-16 maps before and after the necropolis patch. A few gems that are 20 quality but not level 20 i flipped at the vendor and they will be 20 again soon.

I am running a similar atlas layout with near full clears and the base mapping drop rates in standard (outside of league content) are a joke, like a damn chaos orb is now an old divine orb. I run all the strongbox nodes on a semi-strict loot filter, pop the same rare strongbox FOUR TIMES in a 10 mod corrupted T16 and not one thing shows up on my filter? This garbage was unheard of before the patch for my scrub casual self running maps the same way.

What is wrong with this community. They will literally excuse the devs for every dumb decision, even the masses of undocumented changes. Like I know you guys are masochists but don't make it so obvious for those of us who don't play 10 hours a day.

Like what is it now, if I'm interested in still running ritual then I need 20 map quality and 10 mod corrupt and 3 higher ritual scarabs to end up at favor loot that might be comparable to what I got before the patch AT LOWER MAP TIERS with 10% of the previous effort? The point isn't here "lol ritual is bad bro", but a comparison of a similar mapping strategy before and after the patch.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 21, 2024, 5:01:39 PM
"
mnieradko wrote:
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:

Dude I have multiple sets of equipped 20/20 gems right now that I am using to run T14-16 maps before and after the necropolis patch. A few gems that are 20 quality but not level 20 i flipped at the vendor and they will be 20 again soon.

I am running a similar atlas layout with near full clears and the base mapping drop rates in standard (outside of league content) are a joke, like a damn chaos orb is now an old divine orb. I run all the strongbox nodes on a semi-strict loot filter, pop the same rare strongbox FOUR TIMES in a 10 mod corrupted T16 and not one thing shows up on my filter? This garbage was unheard of before the patch for my scrub casual self running maps the same way.

What is wrong with this community. They will literally excuse the devs for every dumb decision, even the masses of undocumented changes. Like I know you guys are masochists but don't make it so obvious for those of us who don't play 10 hours a day.

Like what is it now, if I'm interested in still running ritual then I need 20 map quality and 10 mod corrupt and 3 higher ritual scarabs to end up at favor loot that might be comparable to what I got before the patch AT LOWER MAP TIERS with 10% of the previous effort? The point isn't here "lol ritual is bad bro", but a comparison of a similar mapping strategy before and after the patch.

Nah, it's just crazy that you claim you can't even find chaos orbs when the game shits these out like it's nothing.

Don't expect peopel to go easy on you when you make wild claims
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 21, 2024, 5:04:17 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

[...]

Nah, it's just crazy that you claim you can't even find chaos orbs when the game shits these out like it's nothing.

Don't expect peopel to go easy on you when you make wild claims

He's playing Standard, you're playing league. Things are a bit worse over here without the league mechanics buffing every map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info