Game Has Died,

"
CarpeDiem444 wrote:
hope this game ends up with 1000 players and that will be enough to reset this VISION thats destroyin the fun for "casuals".

Not only "casuals".
Can't describe myself casual - with like ~7k hours played in this game,and around 200 hours invested in current league.

But the fact that endgame - getting more requirements with each league (115/115 4/4 voidstones - is like game "Base" for long period), and now they invented that t17's - which drops 1:200 t16's maps, so ubers locked away now even for non-casuals - i dunno.

Builds requirements also skyrocket like - never before.

If you wanna do some actual in-game endgame stuff be ready to invest at least 200 Divines into build.

When 3-4 years ago , a 30-40 Exalts builds already was "Solid" and capable of doing most content.

In next 2-3 leagues with such politics, only in-game no-lifers like Alkaizer will be able to do most content.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 20, 2024, 9:58:31 AM
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
This league retention players is pretty solid right now.

It's worse than Archnemesis back in the days, and around ~ same level as Lake of Khalandra.

https://poedb.tw/us/League#ConcurrentPlayers

So its 3rd worst league in history and that is with huge update to the core game with scarabs rework, multiple atlas trees, added T17 etc. Imagine how bad it would be if it got not major changes.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 20, 2024, 11:16:19 AM
"
Aynix wrote:

So its 3rd worst league in history and that is with huge update to the core game with scarabs rework, multiple atlas trees, added T17 etc. Imagine how bad it would be if it got not major changes.

No. Its middle of the pack league, Sanctum and Heist had similar numbers.
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
CarpeDiem444 wrote:
hope this game ends up with 1000 players and that will be enough to reset this VISION thats destroyin the fun for "casuals".

Not only "casuals".
Can't describe myself casual - with like ~7k hours played in this game,and around 200 hours invested in current league.

But the fact that endgame - getting more requirements with each league (115/115 4/4 voidstones - is like game "Base" for long period), and now they invented that t17's - which drops 1:200 t16's maps, so ubers locked away now even for non-casuals - i dunno.

Builds requirements also skyrocket like - never before.

If you wanna do some actual in-game endgame stuff be ready to invest at least 200 Divines into build.

When 3-4 years ago , a 30-40 Exalts builds already was "Solid" and capable of doing most content.

In next 2-3 leagues with such politics, only in-game no-lifers like Alkaizer will be able to do most content.

add unveiling stupid crafts each and every league

its just too much.

if league was actually fun like the last one people would love to play more

now we got what ? piece of garbage cementary management ?
90 percent of people dont even do this
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Day 22. Nekropolis lost 67.5% of its players vs Sanctum 52.6%
Its not even close dude. Stop looking at number of players because it means nothing and is not reliable metric. What % people stayed in the league is what matters
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 20, 2024, 1:19:36 PM
"
Aynix wrote:

Its not even close dude. Stop looking at number of players because it means nothing and is not reliable metric. What % people stayed in the league is what matters

% doesnt matter. Companies make money from numbers not %. There is to many things influencing the numbers on league start that its not reliable in any way to just go by %. Be it other games, time of the year, even weather can influence that. We had LE premiere so some people moved on there, some went to D4 PTR etc. What matters are raw numbers, nothing else.
Servers cost a lot of money. Less retention = Less cost. If most people buy MTX at beginning of the league it's the win for GGG.
Based at league start numbers the game is in very good condition.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Middle?
Sanctum numbers way better.
Crucible numbers are better.
Affliction/Ancestor numbers no way near Necropolis.
Even garbage Sentinel numbers are better KEKW.

Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 20, 2024, 2:39:54 PM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
If most people buy MTX at beginning of the league it's the win for GGG.

Why you thought that a lot of people buying supporter packs in first days of the league?
I mean - there's no any even average statistics about it.

What ratio you mean - "win for GGG"?

Lets say 500k total amount of players logged in game in first week of the league , and played total no less than 50 hours in league.

What ratio numbers from this amount who purchased any of the league packs will be - "win"?
1k? 10k? 20k?
And how do you know - what the actual numbers - are?

I mean it could be 50k packs sold in Affliction, and 5k sold in Necropolis.

Without any data - you can't judge numbers for that.

"
kuciol wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

% doesnt matter. Companies make money from numbers not %. There is to many things influencing the numbers on league start that its not reliable in any way to just go by %. Be it other games, time of the year, even weather can influence that. We had LE premiere so some people moved on there, some went to D4 PTR etc. What matters are raw numbers, nothing else.

Here we gon again. I will try to put it VERY SIMPLE since its clearly needed.
We are rating LEAGUE. Not how PoE is doing, not how much money they made. We are comparing LEAGUES. You know, the 3-4 months cycles we get in here. You understand up to this point, right?
Now let me tell FIRST reason why you are wrong.
- PoE is becoming more popular over time due to more people hearing about it from youtubeer/streamers, more things added to the game making it better overall and ARPGs genre being more popular overall. This will boost the number you see there but it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURRENT LEAGUE. I hope you understood up untill this point because here goes second reason. This might be hard.
- Numbers shown there are from steam alone. It does not represent how many people is playing the game. As more people move from PoE client to Steam, the number will be boosted while there is still same amount of players playing. IT also HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CURRENT LEAGUE
You understood up untill now?
Here is another, not really a reason, more like funny example. If we go by your metric, Crucible is the best league EVER made in PoE history. Yeah, say that to any PoE player with straight face, I challenge you.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 20, 2024, 2:40:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info