Blight really nerfed with 3.24.0c

Dear fellow white knights, it's important to recognize that the responsibility of presenting evidence works both ways.
"
Dear fellow white knights, it's important to recognize that the responsibility of presenting evidence works both ways.

Not really. If you go to court and say "this happened", its your role to give evidence. Its not our role to prove that it did not happen.
"
Aynix wrote:
"

Not really. If you go to court and say "this happened", its your role to give evidence. Its not our role to prove that it did not happen.

Depend on the country and its legal framework. Remainder that we are also not in a court room.
Why'd you respond with evidence to someone who presents none? People saying "you're wrong" hold just as much weight as him claiming "I'm right" without presenting anything. Also that misconception that the atlas tree would affect blighted maps, give me a break.

So far I've ran like 10 Blighted Maps in 3.24 and the only thing I noticed is that div card drops are down. This is true for every mechanic and thus not unexpected. Found multiple golden oils, so that definitely isn't an issue. Mapping can be enhanced quite a lot with scarabs. That shit's actually nuts

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Why'd you respond with evidence to someone who presents none? People saying "you're wrong" hold just as much weight as him claiming "I'm right" without presenting anything. Also that misconception that the atlas tree would affect blighted maps, give me a break.

So far I've ran like 10 Blighted Maps in 3.24 and the only thing I noticed is that div card drops are down. This is true for every mechanic and thus not unexpected. Found multiple golden oils, so that definitely isn't an issue. Mapping can be enhanced quite a lot with scarabs. That shit's actually nuts

Blighted maps (the ones you can annoint and the ones scarabs dont apply to) are no longer worth the investment. If you want proof, look at pre 3.24.0 videos on youtube and compare it to the crap loot you get today.
Last edited by Rendem on Apr 7, 2024, 8:59:58 PM
"
Rendem wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
[Removed by Support] The dude made thread about BLIGHTED MAPS and you guys start with "its not affliction anymore"? Afflictiuon DID NOT work on Blighed maps, if you didnt know. BLighted maps are (almost) the same now as they were in affliction. They are slightly worse because of stacked deck nerf and thats it.

I did not play affliction. I always play standard league. 3.24.0 nerfed the loot in blighted maps- and not just the divination card stacks. oil drops and currency drops are now crap. before the patch my haul was 20 to 140 chaos per map with an occasional div thrown in. Even the loot "explosion" is noticeably thinner now with 130% maps. This morning I ran 50 maps and Im barely breaking even with the same annoints as pre patch. This is not RNG its a nerf.

I literally get the amount you describe. From time to time a div, otherwise base-line profit is silver and golden oils as well as bubblegum, stacked decks and of course blight-ravaged maps. That was literally the way how i made my first 60div this league. Blight is perfectly fine.

The fact you never mentioned blight-ravaged tells me you didnt properly farm your blighted maps because those are in fact a huge margin of the overall profits.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Rendem wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
[Removed by Support] The dude made thread about BLIGHTED MAPS and you guys start with "its not affliction anymore"? Afflictiuon DID NOT work on Blighed maps, if you didnt know. BLighted maps are (almost) the same now as they were in affliction. They are slightly worse because of stacked deck nerf and thats it.

I did not play affliction. I always play standard league. 3.24.0 nerfed the loot in blighted maps- and not just the divination card stacks. oil drops and currency drops are now crap. before the patch my haul was 20 to 140 chaos per map with an occasional div thrown in. Even the loot "explosion" is noticeably thinner now with 130% maps. This morning I ran 50 maps and Im barely breaking even with the same annoints as pre patch. This is not RNG its a nerf.

I literally get the amount you describe. From time to time a div, otherwise base-line profit is silver and golden oils as well as bubblegum, stacked decks and of course blight-ravaged maps. That was literally the way how i made my first 60div this league. Blight is perfectly fine.

The fact you never mentioned blight-ravaged tells me you didnt properly farm your blighted maps because those are in fact a huge margin of the overall profits.

Why should I mention blight-ravages if I don't run those? All I'm saying is that blight maps are nerfed. Not just nerfed - nerfed to the point when its a waste of time running them.
"
Rendem wrote:
ll I'm saying is that blight maps are nerfed. Not just nerfed - nerfed to the point when its a waste of time running them.
Respectfully, you were fully investing your Atlas into blight not knowing it doesn't do anything for blighted maps. I take anything you claim regarding loot and "nerfs" with a grain of salt. Chances are nothing really changed and it's once again confirmation bias.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:
Loot drops are worse across the board from traditional sources compared to how it was before affliction.
Got any hard evidence for that claim or is it just this forums confirmation bias?

ive not played blighted maps since the patch so i cant comment on the loot situation with those.

i do however play a lot of standard league consistently over time, i think ive got a pretty good feel for loot drops in the base game over long time periods and i havent noticed any change in the loot drops since this patch.

im getting more loot generally because its easier to just throw in 4 scarabs in 20 stacks now and get a really significant juice boost that you would have had to fuss around adding sextants every 4 runs for. baseline mapping feels a lot more rewarding now compared to the effort it takes, providing you are targeting the rewards that you want to receive via the tree and the scarabs.

i struggle to believe they would nerf blight maps specifically. there seems like no reason they would have to mess with them, theyre not a meta activity, not particularly rewarding to start with? ive not played them recently so i have noe vidence either way but it would seem an unlikely thing to stealth nerf?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 8, 2024, 2:22:00 AM
To me, the point of blights is to enhance the content you are already getting from maps. Kind of like Alva's incursions. Basically, I use blights to kill 1,000+ monsters and watch them drop a bunch of scarabs afterwards. And let me tell ya, there are some good scarabs in this pile. Since I've already heavily invested in scarabs, Blight is a nice bonus. The chests are just the cherry on top. If I get some nice oils - great.

I don't bother with blighted maps because the biggest reason to do them - the dozens of stacked decks, are now gone. But this is the case for every league mechanic, so Blight was not specifically targeted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info