Shadow ban, beware.

Well it's not impossible that there is some kind of statistical tracking script behind the game that tries to flag weird acting people just to mitigate the effect or RMT and all that AND it's not impossible that normal players to be a false positive BUT is this actually something we should blame GGG for or the players that cause this in the first place.

Don't get me wrong ... if what you said is true then it's quite bad and someone should have a look into this just to be sure no normal player is getting flagged again.

Also I would not rule out bad luck here either. Like I've watched a lot of streamers playing this early wipe and none of them besides empy got any luck in the acts ... fast forward I barely have time to play the game myself but I'm in act 5 with over 20 chaos orbs (no recipes made) and a divine orb dropped in act 4. Luck is always unpredictable .
Its true, only reason why I dont drop 10 mirrors a league is because they shadow banned my account.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 3, 2024, 6:44:06 AM
"
OoReSpEcToO wrote:

Don't get me wrong ... if what you said is true then it's quite bad and someone should have a look into this just to be sure no normal player is getting flagged again.

its not true.

the way it works is that when ggg detects a bot farm instead of just banning the bots they will sometimes just trip a switch on the bots accounts that turns off ALL currency drops on those accounts so that the people who run the bots are not immediately aware the accounts have essentially stopped working.

when they do this they drop 0 currency, no wisdom scrolls, no transmutes, absolutely no currency drops.

they dont edit the bots account so that is has an 80% reduced chance of making a 6 link with fuses and has a hard time finding a rare ring with life + resists. this is some absurd delusion people have conjured up. if they had actually been switched off for being presumed a bot they would be getting 0 currency and it would be immediately obvious, it wouldnt be

"oh i didnt find a divine in the first 3 days of the league and ive used 800 fusing without a 6 link, maybe someone at ggg is messing with my account?

maybe theyre watching me through my webcam?!

omg!!!!!"

i get it, we are pattern detecting animals, we look for cause and effect to help us understand and predict the world in order to survive. we are predisposed to occasional flights of paranoid madness.

but at some point you have to recognise this and get a grip because 99.999% of the world is just unwitting chaos that is completely unaware you exist.
lol again with this, feels like its 2013 all over again
IGN: Ziggro
In fairness GGG did get caught character seeding in Delve, which was a fucking debacle.

CW tried to claim it was a bug, but it made zero sense why only certain characters would have been impacted, and I don't think he realized what he said at first. Basically on character creation some rare tier items simply were prevented from dropping. (presumably as a pseudo economy control)

That aside, other than bot protection there is no reason to think GGG is still doing this on a large scale. But its absolutely not tin foil territory imo given this track record. After Delve, I have literally re-rolled out of paranoia a few times when I felt like rng was off on a character. After 10+ years you know when something feels more wrong than a rng dry spell. Its anecdotal sure, and no way to prove otherwise, but it does make me side eye from time to time.

That said this isn't really what the OP was talking about, and I find it highly unlikely GGG systems flagged him as a bot accidentally, or if this post is even real.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
That said this isn't really what the OP was talking about, and I find it highly unlikely GGG systems flagged him as a bot accidentally, or if this post is even real.

Accounts that get flagged for botting are added to the list of bans that spark the next wave of "I was banned for no reason" threads that pop up on Reddit every single season. He wouldn't experience worse drops at all, because without evidence there is no reason to believe any such claim
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
The main point I think some are making is that based on Chris Wilson's statement they have the capability and would consider doing that. It is a very very short step from there to them actually doing it and using it to provide game benefits to some and hinder the game play of others. The frequency of the streamer good luck drops is frequent enough that people notice it. How many times does something like that have to happen, such as fusing a six link in one try, for it to no longer be a coincidence. At what point does it become mathmatically impossible? That is the problem.
Last edited by ExsiliumUltra on Apr 3, 2024, 1:57:25 PM
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
At what point does it become mathmatically impossible? That is the problem.

Never. Thats the beauty of math.
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
The main point I think some are making is that based on Chris Wilson's statement they have the capability and would consider doing that.

There is a difference between impossible and improable. No one says it is impossible that they could do something like that.

"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
It is a very very short step from there to them actually doing it and using it to provide game benefits to some and hinder the game play of others.

Saying it is a short step is an assumption on your part and there is no foundation to make that claim on.

"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
The frequency of the streamer good luck drops is frequent enough that people notice it.

Because clip compilations are just that, compilations of the .1% of stream time where all the best RNG is collected. You get the impression that all streamers have great RNG because you keep seeing all that awesome stuff, but you forget about the 99.9% of other stream moments where nothing special happens, or even bad things happen.

"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
How many times does something like that have to happen, such as fusing a six link in one try, for it to no longer be a coincidence. At what point does it become mathmatically impossible? That is the problem.

I have had my fair share of 6-links in 5 or under fusings myself and so do many people who have played the game for as long as I have and used as many fusings as I have. This is jsut basic probability theory stuff. The only deterministic way to get a 6-link besides divination cards and raw drops is the crafting bench for 1,500 fusings. Using fusings directly on an item will yield varying results. Just as many times as I have linked items in under 10 fusings I have gone the completely opposite way, "wasting" up to 5000 fusings on a 6-link with 30% quality back in Kalandra league.

This shit happens to everyone. It's just you see streamers get on the good sided of RNG more often because they are more visible to the public, and good RNG is highlighted through compilations.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info