Shadow ban, beware.

Around 3-4 years ago, Chris confirms that shadow ban is real in PoE.

Script is flagging account and you starting to experience bad luck with reduce drop rate, some items are even disabled for being drop.

Every stupid league my account is shadowbanned because I like to do 50-100 chaos recipes during 1-2 days of the league. then no drop, no luck, no links etc untill I write to support asking to check if script is flags me. Every time they replaying that all good nothing to worry, and magically after that drop is back.

Beware and don't go for a chaos recipe, even a single one, as script will flag you and you will have horrible week until support or some one who is responsible figure out that it is false positive...
Last edited by Emperor_home on Apr 2, 2024, 7:24:22 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 6:40:02 AM
Sure it's real.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Emperor_home wrote:
Around 3-4 years ago, Chris confirms that shadow ban is real in PoE.

Script is flagging account and you starting to experience bad luck with reduce drop rate, some items are even disabled for being drop.

Every stupid league my account is shadowbanned because I like to do 50-100 chaos recipes during 1-2 days of the league. then no drop, no luck, no links etc untill I write to support asking to check if script is flags me. Every time they replaying that all good nothing to worry, and magically after that drop is back.

Beware and don't go for a chaos recipe, even a single one, as script will flag you and you will have horrible week until support or some one who is responsible figure out that it is false positive...

You need evidence of your first statement. The rest is just nonsense. You really think your account is so influential in the market that they have triggers that change code based on your behaviour? Are you actually that conceited?
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
You dropped this.

Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Sure it's real.

Unless you are 6 years old, you should know that in big business, everything goes and nothing is outright impossible if it helps profits. Boils down to how unscrupulous owners are, and GGG had shown they can be prone to spontaneous whim decisions without thinking of the consequences, like div/ex swap or lmb bind removal just because project lead "didn't like it".

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if GGG used dynamic telemetry-based droprates to subtly even out league start economy. Given wild build strength disparity, in fact how else would you make sure your band of nolifers doing metabuilds for 500th time wouldn't leave weaker players out of the market completely?

Moreover, this mechanic can be used to weed out vocal part of community. If moderators tag user accounts as "fan", "supportive", "toxic", "when will he screw off already?!", you can subtly give better rewards to white knights, addict them to your game better, and drive away those who "pollutes the community" with passive-aggressive comments (which may discourage new players from joining), without resorting to direct censorship everyone see.

Again, I cannot know if GGG does any of this, but these are "working" possibilities business-wise, and there are always people out there who think end justifies the means.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Sure it's real.

Unless you are 6 years old, you should know that in big business, everything goes and nothing is outright impossible if it helps profits. Boils down to how unscrupulous owners are, and GGG had shown they can be prone to spontaneous whim decisions without thinking of the consequences, like div/ex swap or lmb bind removal just because project lead "didn't like it".

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if GGG used dynamic telemetry-based droprates to subtly even out league start economy. Given wild build strength disparity, in fact how else would you make sure your band of nolifers doing metabuilds for 500th time wouldn't leave weaker players out of the market completely?

Moreover, this mechanic can be used to weed out vocal part of community. If moderators tag user accounts as "fan", "supportive", "toxic", "when will he screw off already?!", you can subtly give better rewards to white knights, addict them to your game better, and drive away those who "pollutes the community" with passive-aggressive comments (which may discourage new players from joining), without resorting to direct censorship everyone see.

Again, I cannot know if GGG does any of this, but these are "working" possibilities business-wise, and there are always people out there who think end justifies the means.

Sure and pigs fly dude.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Sure it's real.

not saying that this is true but it would explain a few things. i always wonder why there are a few people here that always defend the game no matter what. like what do they gain out of it? there are people like this on blizzard forums also and probably elsewhere too
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 3, 2024, 4:50:18 AM
GGG is amazing and Necro League is the best league in the history of leagues.

Now that I've said that I can log in and get my mirror.
I poop, therefore I am.
"
JunkHeadJoePC wrote:
GGG is amazing and Necro League is the best league in the history of leagues.

Now that I've said that I can log in and get my mirror.

Nope, you'll have to work that a few more years, every day hammering me and others who dare to criticize GGG amazing designs :)
come on guys, i think we need to get a grip on the paranoid delusions here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info