Maven invites, another slap to standard?

I think it's a good change overall. A slight downside for those used to really cheap Feared invites for batch corrupting.
it seems like people are seeing my thread as tho i only see the negative. in the very first post i already mentioned i LIKE the change.

it definitely is a good change.

but the moment i point out the problem that occurs with the change you guys are so eager to pounce on me for pointing out the one bad thing that entails.

i m pretty sure most of you dont see standard as a big deal. you dont care that standard no longer has any notion of item permanency.

thats fine. but to try and make it sound like a me problem? i have friends who share the same sentiment.

this is a FEEDBACK forum. i m giving feedback for the benefit of STD. your feedback of saying standard is not the main focus of GGG, tho i have to admit is so damn frustratingly true, brings ZERO value to the conversation.

did you guys casually forget that legacy rolls used to be a thing? why do legacy rolls exist? its simply for item permanency and for STD players. if STD is such a neglected stepchild, GGG can just remove std and i'll stop playing POE forever.

i know that std andies are now the minority, but does that mean my opinion has no value?

as much as you guys enjoy dunking on me i find it weird that for people so uninterested in the betterment of std you guys have the need to voice out a lot of comments with zero value.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

i know that std andies are now the minority, but does that mean my opinion has no value?

as much as you guys enjoy dunking on me i find it weird that for people so uninterested in the betterment of std you guys have the need to voice out a lot of comments with zero value.

It's not zero value though...BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues over standard we get a change like this. BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues they make changes without worrying about how it might affect a small minority of players who continue to play in an "older" version of the game. BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues, they continue to (attempt to) make improvements for the betterment of the future of the game with less constraints over their decisions.

You know you are in the minority, you SHOULD know through their actions that GGG have tried for a decade to steer you towards league play so you don't have any of these issues; you chose to ignore all of that. So your complaints or opinions from a standard-only perspective not only lack value, but they almost actively hurt the development of the game.

That is why people are "dunking on you" with their "zero value" comments. You yourself admit how great a change this is for the game and for league play. Did you even stop to think about the fact that they can't even make a change like this if they focused on your negative standard feedback?

I also find it odd that you complain how others make you think your opinion has no value, while telling everyone else THEIR opinions have zero value.

For the record, not one person in this thread has said your opinion has no value; rather, they disagreed with you. Some more strongly than others. The only one who claims someone else's comments have no value is....you
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 20, 2024, 10:23:17 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

It's not zero value though...BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues over standard we get a change like this. BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues they make changes without worrying about how it might affect a small minority of players who continue to play in an "older" version of the game. BECAUSE the devs focus on leagues, they continue to (attempt to) make improvements for the betterment of the future of the game with less constraints over their decisions.

You know you are in the minority, you SHOULD know through their actions that GGG have tried for a decade to steer you towards league play so you don't have any of these issues; you chose to ignore all of that. So your complaints or opinions from a standard-only perspective not only lack value, but they almost actively hurt the development of the game.

That is why people are "dunking on you" with their "zero value" comments. You yourself admit how great a change this is for the game and for league play. Did you even stop to think about the fact that they can't even make a change like this if they focused on your negative standard feedback?

I also find it odd that you complain how others make you think your opinion has no value, while telling everyone else THEIR opinions have zero value.

For the record, not one person in this thread has said your opinion has no value; rather, they disagreed with you. Some more strongly than others. The only one who claims someone else's comments have no value is....you

to address that standard is minority and is taking away from dev resources, why not just retire standard entirely at this point?

as for just disagreeing, thats downplaying how condescending people are with their remarks against me.

you can disagree without attacking a person. but even then, the disagreements that i see in this topic are mainly "i disagree, POE isnt like that" and thats the end of it.

what value does it provide? theres no suggestions/solutions, but instead more of a SUCK IT UP AND JUST ACCEPT IT comment.

how does that contribute to the embetterment of standard? you guys obviously dont care for standard.

if all you're saying is "it is what it is" then the comment has zero value.

constructive criticism, have you guys ever heard of it?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Mar 20, 2024, 11:22:04 PM
I dont know, you need to start taking a closer look at what people actually say as it seems you are just being dismissive and playing the victim here. I even agreed they should stay as items and someone else did as well, but got no such recognition, just thrown in with the rest of the "non constructive criticism" crowd. Apparently did this for ... just everyone responding which is a bit silly.

For reference I summarized what was actually said for your benefit:

Spoiler
Seems a bit pointless in standard, items that cannot be sold reliably. You will have to do the bosses anyways.

What is standard /s

Wont really effect anyone in standard, market for them isnt there and you need to complete the bosses anyways.

Game is not balanced or changed around standard

How is this a bad change?

Dont treat items in a game with active development as you would with objects in real life.

Beating a dead horse on standard, given how its always been the case in terms of anything that changes.

Someone actively agreeing they should be itemized drops (me). Just not for the reasons listed in the OP.

Standard gets to benefit from stockpiling other things they should otherwise not beable to due to changes (vield chaos, recombinators, old borken items), but have a few things taken away (invitations, alt gems).

Another person agreeing they should be itemized drops.

A person highlighting the only downside would be if you were to use them to make currency by selling them.

Neutral poster, not everything pleases everyone. But know these changes are fantastic for others.

Person that likes the changes overall

There are a couple jabbing at standard. But overall this was pretty good constructive criticism in the post. And you had a couple of people agree with itemized drops.

Helps to... read? I guess?
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Mar 20, 2024, 11:53:05 PM
"
Chickenwink wrote:
I dont know, you need to start taking a closer look at what people actually say as it seems you are just being dismissive and playing the victim here. I even agreed they should stay as items and someone else did as well, but got no such recognition, just thrown in with the rest of the "non constructive criticism" crowd. Apparently did this for ... just everyone responding which is a bit silly.

For reference I summarized what was actually said for your benefit:

Spoiler
Seems a bit pointless in standard, items that cannot be sold reliably. You will have to do the bosses anyways.

What is standard /s

Wont really effect anyone in standard, market for them isnt there and you need to complete the bosses anyways.

Game is not balanced or changed around standard

How is this a bad change?

Dont treat items in a game with active development as you would with objects in real life.

Beating a dead horse on standard, given how its always been the case in terms of anything that changes.

Someone actively agreeing they should be itemized drops (me). Just not for the reasons listed in the OP.

Standard gets to benefit from stockpiling other things they should otherwise not beable to due to changes (vield chaos, recombinators, old borken items), but have a few things taken away (invitations, alt gems).

Another person agreeing they should be itemized drops.

A person highlighting the only downside would be if you were to use them to make currency by selling them.

Neutral poster, not everything pleases everyone. But know these changes are fantastic for others.

Person that likes the changes overall

There are a couple jabbing at standard. But overall this was pretty good constructive criticism in the post. And you had a couple of people agree with itemized drops.

Helps to... read? I guess?

yeap you're right. not everyone is just taking jabs and there are people that actually contributing. but i m specifically talking about the ones that provide zero value.

from your list

What is standard /s

then if you read the earlier messages there definitely are people who talk in a very condescending manner.

is it wrong to want standard to be better?
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
is it wrong to want standard to be better?

The pretense of that question is false; no one said that Standard shouldn't be better. Just don't expect people to agree when you argue against one of the best changes the game has seen in recent history for the sake of a tiny sub-section of players.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you're surprised, if anything.

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
exsea wrote:

My issue is WHAT HAPPENS TO MY CURRENT INVITES. is GGG gonna POOF em?

Existing Maven Invitations, excluding Quest versions, will be deleted upon logging in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info