Maven invites, another slap to standard?

I actually like the change where i dont need to farm invites nor do i need to trade for specific invites. i get my bosses witnessed and i get to run them. simple as that.

My issue is WHAT HAPPENS TO MY CURRENT INVITES. is GGG gonna POOF em?

if so thats another slap to standard.

GGG can you sell us a new mtx? a ballgag helmet. only equippable by standard characters.

[Removed by Support]
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2024, 6:32:14 PM
They seem like they will be pointless in standard. unless they can be used if you already have the bosses completed. if kirac doesnt automatically give you an invite and it deletes your invitation you're going to be stuck like that.

Tbf standard doesn't matter when it comes to this sort of thing. Thats pretty much their stance on it. If they cared about standard they would break a lot of legacy items. The only one i really remember them breaking is the explode totem crap from crucible.
Stupid question I know, but... what is standard? /s
Getting rid of invitations won't affect you negatively at all.
You still need to farm the bosses to run them, like before.
Only now you can 100% run them when you're done, not rely on rng drop.

Don't confuse this with with boss fragments that you can farm and stack multiple instances of.
"
MagosX wrote:
Getting rid of invitations won't affect you negatively at all.
You still need to farm the bosses to run them, like before.
Only now you can 100% run them when you're done, not rely on rng drop.

Don't confuse this with with boss fragments that you can farm and stack multiple instances of.

if you're talking about the process or running the invites, yes nothing has changed. in fact it has improved since as you say we wont be relying on RNG to get the invite.

but when talking about standard, one must always think why would standard users care.

seeing that you did not touch on what actually affected std players, i ll just mention it.

we lost value. some of us have been collecting invites for the purpose of selling them with no intention of running them. invites are money. they have literal value.

some players have even spent currency trading for the invites.

with the new system no longer requiring invites, its likely the invites will be poofed.

do we get anything in return? likely ZERO. we lost economic value just like that. again.

poof.

i have many valuable invites that i could have sold off in std. a huge lot accumulated over the years. all gone down the drain.

based on poe ninja, on std valuable invites such as elderslayers just took a nose dive. people are trying to scrape whatever value they can while they still can.

at time of writing some people are selling as low as 20c. for comparison it's being sold for roughly a divine in affliction right now.
[Removed by Support]
Standard is not balanced around the game sorry.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
trust the community to find the 'bad' in one of the best changes in years, holy...
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Please do yourself the service of not treating numbers in a videogame as you would an actual investment. Or at the very least, acknowledge that investments go down sometimes, not just up forever.

You’re choosing to play a game in active development. You know it changes over time. Some of those changes are, naturally, at some point, going to affect some things you have sitting in an inventory. It’s surely unreasonable to expect that not to be the case?
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Mar 20, 2024, 6:20:58 AM
"
Please do yourself the service of not treating numbers in a videogame as you would an actual investment. Or at the very least, acknowledge that investments go down sometimes, not just up forever.

You’re choosing to playing a game in active development. You know it changes over time. Some of those changes are, naturally, at some point, going to affect some things you have sitting in an inventory. It’s surely unreasonable to expect that not to be the case?

Man, don't even try... if people are still desperately clinging to the belief that GGG cares about standard, despite over a decade of words and deeds, they are living inside a shell of denial which no possible amount of words or logic can penetrate.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
trust the community to find the 'bad' in one of the best changes in years, holy...

The problem I see with this though is... this is creating something that will now be put into services on TFT or some form of trade. Im just thinking people that dont want to spam the bosses will now just look for people that DO the bosses so they can ... buy their invitation... that is now not itemized. (incoming scams)

They really could have just kept it itemized and made it a 100% drop after all bosses are killed.

Takes a source of income ... I GUESS, away from people that sell the raw invitations right now that dont run them.

For the people that do run them though it's kind of a buff not having to worry about an RNG drop.

Really just is the whole, will be sold as service thing, something that the devs have said in interviews that they are trying to move away from, that I see it being an issue.

Just a slight problem I see with it. Not something that will effect me personally though.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Mar 20, 2024, 6:05:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info