Unpopular Opinion: Removing leftclick/move Skill IS GOOD

Popular opinion.

This change is misguided and makes it seem as if GGG is going down the Blizzard path, where their other platforms start to dictate the design of their PC platform which was (or is) their original main platform. Its a reduction in quality overall but its done so everyone is equally impacted.

Why misguided? Because it was a qol way of playing the game that did not matter. The left click means nothing. It can be any other button. The only thing GGG does with the removal of LMB binding skills is force a knowledge check on players if they know about the numlock trick. Or worse push them to 3rd party tools like AHK. Is it detectable? Yes? No? Maybe? Is holding down a button on your keyboard permanently punishable? Probably not.
So all this does is introduce a small hassle to a lot of builds, where people will rebind 1-2 key on their keyboard and nothing changes.

Using the "automation" gem will pretty much be a mark of a noob or console player. As it is objectively wrong to use it. Its like using Avatar of fire with atziris flask. It will objectively make your build worse for no payoff/choice.

In fact, I would argue that you should use numlock or any other automation now, since that will at least give you the option to stop triggering the ability, while the automation gem does not seem to have a pause option. It just seems in every single way a bad idea, and I wish the devs would elaborate in how and why they got to the conclusion to introduce this to the game.
don't waste you time with this guy, bro.
The only fact that he thinks HC players are forever stuck on T1 maps says everything xD
he's acting like an uber giga chad while each of his char have a /death amount > his bank account
Last edited by Red_Vex_13 on Mar 19, 2024, 11:45:37 AM
Hard disagree, and as a (former) sabo miner player I absolutely loathe this change more than the dumb (flask) quality changes.
It is a sad day indeed.
"
deathspenalty wrote:

Using the "automation" gem will pretty much be a mark of a noob or console player. As it is objectively wrong to use it. Its like using Avatar of fire with atziris flask. It will objectively make your build worse for no payoff/choice.

My problem exactly. We get power from using external tricks.
This is a strange change for sure, with this change they could easily just remove the 'instant' tag from skills and just give things like detonate mines a 0 cast time which would render any numlock tricks useless. Maybe that's the intent it will be interesting to see how this plays out. It sure feels like a global pull back on power just from the -1 socket perspective. On the other hand I like the gems and can imagine good uses from them, but like everyone else fitting them in is going to be a challenge.
Well I'm just holding onto hope that generals cry just autocasts when linked to any skill/support gem. If it didn't then we just lost an extreme amount of qol for an entire build archetype for a class (berserker) that's already doing fairly poorly outside of strength stacking. Not to mention if the keystone is gone and you are stuck running gen cry on a 3l instead of a 4l and lose cdr on top of that.

Hopefully patch notes bring us back to life, if not then I suspect assassin and gladiator will get some nerfs as well. maybe nerf bleed fundamentally or make it where crits can't apply poisons to brick assassin poison builds.

Last edited by Lonnie455Rich on Mar 19, 2024, 3:35:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info