- - 3.22 Unplayable // Freeze lag every map - - [ Fixed ]

I was crashing every Heist, (even just porting into Rogue Harbor was a 50/50). Give the below a try:

* validating files through Steam
* disabling Steam Overlay in the game properties
* opening up Task Manager and going to the Details tab, finding PathOfExileSteam.exe and 1. setting Priority to High, 2. Affinity to every core except CPU 0 (I noticed my CPU bar full and a latency of 20ms with a Ryzen 5900X - Turning off CPU 0 has dropped it to 2ms)

I'm not sure if it has fixed it, but for me, game hasn't crashed since doing the above steps
NO anti aliasing + dx 12 should solve the problem
I updated the drivers.
I deleted the shader cache.
I completely uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled it.
I disabled my shader cache through the Nvidia settings, restarted the PC then put it on 100GB
I tried DX11, I tried DX12, I tried Vulkan
I tried disabling Engine Multithreading
I lowered Anisotropic filtering.
I turned off shadows.

Not one of those things made any difference, deleting the shader cache was a temporary fix, it works for like 1-3 maps then back to the same old crashing randomly I can be joining someone's hideout, doing a map, going to town, simply tabbing out of the game it will either first freeze or just randomly close the client with no error message, unless I use Vulkan which said vkdevices error missing something like that.

It is becoming beyond impossible to play the game having to force myself to play when the only thing that is guaranteed is a random crash do I want that to happen when I'm borrowing something from someone, and about to repay them when they are friends that I built up trust with over time, or when I plan to run a 1HO rota where everyone gives me their breachstones or other map items? GGG doesn't really seem to be caring much about these problems since a lot of people seem to have performance or crash issues, and I haven't seen any update that solves it even though this has been going on almost since the league started.
Hello guys.

dealing with the same isssue.
Unplayable since Mid-August.
Typically played with graphics setting maxed out full screen.
No change even at lowest potato setting.

They need to fix this!
If game became playable only at midnight, it nothing pc related here.
Same here... Game freezes for 4-5 seconds atleast 3-4 times in one map, Can't do Niko as well, there is no time to finish a node, 100% freeze there. Just this morning I "died" like 10 times because of these freezes and crashes to desktop. Im out untill I see update in the launcher. There is no point in "playing" on this version.
Hudge fps drops from 90 to 5 all the time. The game is unplayable now :(
each time if you delete shader cache folder, you need to run about 10+ maps because shaders of locations, spell, monsters need to be generated

you need to try run few maps, than if it doesnt help try other solutions

p.s. sorry for my english :P
"
rzezniky wrote:
each time if you delete shader cache folder, you need to run about 10+ maps because shaders of locations, spell, monsters need to be generated

you need to try run few maps, than if it doesnt help try other solutions

p.s. sorry for my english :P

The shader caching FAILS! It doesn't matter how many maps you run.

And even though it's been an entire month, someone still replies with "oh yeah, you need to just populate the cache".

It's not working! THAT is the whole damn problem! ffs
NOT fixed.

still unplayable with huge random latency spikes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info