- - 3.22 Unplayable // Freeze lag every map - - [ Fixed ]

What the f*ck have you done too the game this latest patch 3.22 I _CONSTANTLY_ Freeze lag for 10 seconds and 50% of the time it boots me out of the game for no f*cking reason what so ever, it happens almost every single map.

I have tried dx 11, Vulcan, dx 12, every possible graphic setting I can think of, updated drivers.

I checked temperatures, voltages, everything and Nothing is out of the ordinary but I can get frozen for 10seconds like 5-10 times in a map at most and at least once every single f*cking map, this is literally unplayable???!?!?!

I played the entire Crucible every single day and Standard with out the slightest problems but now in 3.22 it's absolutely insane completely unplayable

I have died so many times.. tilted countless that I revert to this language in this forums post.. I'm pissed.
Last edited by FUCKINGFUNKIE on Aug 25, 2023, 6:35:18 PM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2023, 2:25:09 AM
I had this issue constant crashes just random no warning game would close. After a few days of trying lots of things I fixed the crashes.

Warning------------- This fixed the crashes but has caused textures to not fully load some times.

I deleted the shader cache folders so they would re-populate to do this go to C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile and there is 3x folder
-ShaderCacheD3D11
-ShaderCacheD3D12
-ShaderCacheVulkan

but like I warned this has stopped the crashes for me but now I'm having textures not fully loading. So try this at your own risk.
I tried the same and only half the textures loaded, could only see half the game and no spells etc, sometimes the character was invisible, sometimes bosses and mobs was invisible..
"
davadosUK wrote:
I had this issue constant crashes just random no warning game would close. After a few days of trying lots of things I fixed the crashes.

Warning------------- This fixed the crashes but has caused textures to not fully load some times.

I deleted the shader cache folders so they would re-populate to do this go to C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile and there is 3x folder
-ShaderCacheD3D11
-ShaderCacheD3D12
-ShaderCacheVulkan

but like I warned this has stopped the crashes for me but now I'm having textures not fully loading. So try this at your own risk.

I already tried this + a full reinstall and making sure all old stuff is deleted but it did nothing. Crashed the game just a few maps in. Also crashed during a load screen into Heist town, and two crashes in the same Heist instance. The current game client is just garbage. Completely unplayable, total joke. Last league everything was fine.
vaal or no balls
I deleted the game from steam, took out the My games > POE folder and installed the POE Standalone version.

And so far I have had no crashes and the Shaders and bars seems fairly stable.. So far.

After deleting the game from steam, the my games folders and steam, bumping up shader cache in the graphics menu and downloading the standalone version of POE I have had 0 problems after it, it runs smooth now, might be a problem with steam?
"
FUCKINGFUNKIE wrote:
After deleting the game from steam, the my games folders and steam, bumping up shader cache in the graphics menu and downloading the standalone version of POE I have had 0 problems after it, it runs smooth now, might be a problem with steam?

Most likely you just have some luck. I have the problem on the standalone client. Sometimes you just get lucky and have several hours without a crash. But then it starts again. Just wait.
vaal or no balls
Didn't have any freezing just ground texture not loading in delve, i deleted the content of the shader caches (idea being that when they game did it for the patch it missed some and it was causing issues) that fixed the missing textures.

The only other problem i've really ever had with the game was around the time of the global illumination patch, which added more GFX settings in game.
At the time though the settings.ini file didn't really get updated and it effected the game, had to delete that, which did fix the problem...
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Has GGG had anything to say about these issues that a large amount of players are having? The amount of times I've died to my game freezing because I opened a chest is absurd. I literally just came into the forums looking for a response from GGG for these issues because of this.
"
UncleAngry wrote:
Has GGG had anything to say about these issues that a large amount of players are having? The amount of times I've died to my game freezing because I opened a chest is absurd. I literally just came into the forums looking for a response from GGG for these issues because of this.

yeah same, certain maps / mechanics / overall game has insane amount of freeze for me; literally dying 3/4 deaths to game being frozen for 3 seconds, never ever had that issue in like 10 years of poe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info