3.21.2b Patch Notes

After the engine updates, performance has dropped drastically for me
Went from 100+ fps capped to max 50FPS in town and maps, with dynamic resolution being active full time for whatever reason (pretty sure it is setting the game to 800x600). Doesn't really matter what settings I change or if I change the base resolution. No crashes at all, just performance issues.

And the FPS is like that in Act 3 town in SSF, same with end game characters in non-ssf.

After launching the game, CPU usage is at about 30%, GPU usage jumps to 100% with barely using any Vram and using about 6GB of RAM. Tried closing everything extra in the background and no difference was made.

Have tried launch options, have tried clearing/removing the cache manually, have reinstalled, have verified missing files, have tried settings, have updated drivers, can't see any difference no matter what I do.

CPU: Ryzen 7, 3700X
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
SSD: Samsung Evo 970 NVMe M.2 SSD
RAM: 16GB DDR4
MB: B450 Tomahawk MAX
Windows 10

*Edit: Just realised I didn't try DX11 yet. Switched to it from Vulcan/DX12 and instantly back to stable 100 fps, no dynamic resolution. For some reason the Vulcan/DX12 FPS performance got butchered for me. CPU usage also went down to 20% and GPU usage to 65% after switching to DX11.
Last edited by Realshing on Jul 28, 2023, 7:58:18 AM
Kirov reporting:

Don't know what happened yesterday but game works fine. Fast loading screens, fps drops are gone. Good work GGG =)
Before the patch I was playing smoothly any kind of game content, but now I can only play on maps with a very small number of monsters or only put a mechanic for example delirium. If I put delirium and heralds is impossible to play because my fps drop to 2 at once, not to mention that I can not enter the port of the renegades to play Heist because the screen stays loading eternally.
It's like 80% less performance to My PC after the PN.Fix it before next league start.
i Gave up. wasted my time keep crashing , how to play?
where are these troubleshooting steps people keep referring to? which thread or forum?
When are we getting fixes for lag spikes and crashes after this new patch? Singapore servers go to shit during the time 6 P.M (GMT +5:30) to 3 AM (GMT +5:30) and the latency goes from 60 directly to 400-1000 during this time.
Is there any fix coming?
game unplayable after last weeks patch for me and my family, please fix.
"
where are these troubleshooting steps people keep referring to? which thread or forum?

Pinned thread in Technical Support.
"
You got 3 challenges that league, Did you even tried league before that patch? If I trust your reasoning, All my drivers have runned out of date on Monday all at the same time but ONLY on PoE because every other game even some with WAY HIGHER specs requirements than PoE run really smooth. I can play the game atm but don't want to damage my processor because CPU overheat SINCE that update. You just speak non-sense to me, Like what step you want us to do? Want us to learn C++ C or what ever the script they use to make videogames? We are the gamers here, They are the Devs, Why asking some shopworker that lift boxes to help them find their error? When you need to go see a doctor you going at the restaurant?

So anywayz yeah we know how it is with GGG 3 Months League, 1 Month bug, 2 weeks soso, 2 weeks nice playing and another month of this.

And waiting for whats steps, It's been a week since they did that update, Where did you see them posting something on the forum? You got 5 peoples like you who defend them (Like what you getting a cut or something?), You got these 10 people with 20K PC that ain't see difference because 20K PC and you got the rest like what 200 peoples that claim atm having problem with the game.

Sooooooo what you talking about? Games have been runned with the same Settings for almost all the time I've played and then since Monday, I'll had to go change my setting to try other things and this and that, So on every game you play once you log back in the next day you go into your setting to change everything? LOL What kind of gamer are you.

You can check my profile and see that I have been playing since 2013... So not sure what you're talking about challenges for...

Your drivers dont run out of date... thats not how drivers work.

"
every other game even some with WAY HIGHER specs requirements than PoE run really smooth.

I stopped reading after this because it is a waste of my time to even help a poor soul like yourself.

this "PATCH" did the same thing to every single person in the game. I am sorry that you do not understand anything technical. I cannot help you. Go to technical support. Maybe they can help you, or not. I believe this is the worst take on what i said since jumping into patch notes...

holy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info