[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Nabster wrote:
Been playing this build again this league and I have around 60d worth of currency. I'm aware there are some upgrades left for me like >20% quality flasks and catalysts on my jewelry and some gem upgrades, but what are the big ticket upgrades here?
I'm mostly just rushing maven invitations with expedition.
I know that the OP gear setup is a bit different and also a bit squishier with more dps.

Nothing big ticket left for the standard variant,

1. Coward's Legacy + Vul Watcher's Eye - you probably decided not to go down the Coward's Legacy route. Then you can consider a watcher's eye with DPS lines

2. Death Rush/Mark of the Shaper - again, you probably opted not to go down this route.

3. lvl 97 > lvl 100 - 3 SP and some life to be gained

4. Helmet enchant - consider increased effect of frostbite

5. Alt quality bonechill, awak CD on gloves
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Draconsaarru wrote:
https://pobb.in/umIHzN0YAMNL

Currently sitting at 76 divine.. I got lucky and found the Headhunter while filling out my atlas so I want to keep using it with the build. I feel like I die more than I would like to but that is probably a skill issue lol. Was wondering if there's any obvious upgrades/changes to my build that you would suggest. I know the rings should be upgraded. Love the guide by the way and thank you for taking the time to make it.

Congrats on the headhunter! :)

Some suggestions:
1. lvl 21 VCS, Frostbite, Determination, Grace
2. Divergent Bonechill
3. Awakened CD on Gloves
4. Consider Mark of the Shaper + Elder Ring / Death Rush
5. Boots with useful corrupted implicit e.g. 6% max life
6. lvl 95 >> lvl 100 for 5 SP and more life + Frigid Wake jewel set
7. Helmet enchant, preferably inc effect of Frostbite
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
Mish913 wrote:
Good day,
I was following tripolar bears guide and I'm looking to switch to your 16.2m DoT DPs pob and respec my passive tree. I've started buying the gear I need but I don't see a lot of resistances on your gear so I'm not sure how you're getting 30% chaos and 75 all other resistances. Is there something in the axle nodes that you're taking on the passive tree that's helping you with that?

In the POB, for items I only filled in the item-specific rolls aside from resistances/attributes. Under custom modifiers there is +120% ele resistances and +35 str/dex. Chaos resistances come from the Purity of Flesh and Tolerance wheels, and from the implicits of the rings.

You need to fill in the ele resistances/attributes on the suffixes of your rare gear (or tattoo them on your passive skill tree).
"
KrunkleMonkey wrote:
Heyo Lk, I bought a 3r/3g Dialla's for 18div...but I felt too squishy without Skin. Sold the Dialla's for 32div so now I'm sitting at 56div, what should I upgrade next? I figure shield is an easy one, could get similar ones with 100+ spell damage% for around 20div. Thanks again for the build, never played this much in a league before because it's so much fun!
https://pobb.in/LXctsxkmApJN

You're welcome, glad that you are enjoying the game!

Some suggestions:
1. lvl 21 VCS, Frostbite, Determination
2. Get more dex for lvl 20/21 Grace
3. 20% quality on Defiance Banner
4. For shield/weapon, it is best you use POB Trade to search for the best shield in conjunction with your defense needs*
5. Instead of taking 2 INT travel nodes beside Crackling Speed and Mental Rapidity, you should take the INT travel node beside Asylum. That will save you 1 SP.
6. lvl 98 >> lvl 100 - 2SP and more life
7. Take ele res cannot be lowered by curses on Tolerance wheel since your overcap res is low
8. Quality on gloves and shield

*Optimizing weapons for Cold DoT: https://youtu.be/U_ugXJ5VGAA
Good day again, thank you for always responding to all my questions I appreciate the help. I have another question before I switch over from tripolars cold dot to yours. In his he gets me to cap my spell suppression but I don't see you really talking about that is that not as big of a deal for this build? Thank you
"
Mish913 wrote:
Good day again, thank you for always responding to all my questions I appreciate the help. I have another question before I switch over from tripolars cold dot to yours. In his he gets me to cap my spell suppression but I don't see you really talking about that is that not as big of a deal for this build? Thank you

You're welcome!

For mapping, incoming damage is mostly physical attacks. Hence, AR and EV > spell suppression.

Of course, you can stack AR + EV + capped spell suppression but that seems unnecessary/overkill to me. There's one guy in this thread that capped his spell suppression for DD, so its still possible if you wish to.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions and answering :-)
Thank you. That makes things much easier if I do not need to worry about suppression on my shield and gloves.
Hey, great build, I've had a blast playing this so far!

Would appreciate any feedback on where I go from here, I'm going for level 100 but outside of that is there anything more I can do with this?

https://pobb.in/cZw4jgKcz6DL

Also, what is the "optimal" way to play this build on end game bosses? Currently I'm using Frostbite -> (Vaal) cold snap -> stacking vortexes, sometimes throwing creeping frost if I can stop moving. Is this correct?

Thanks again!
"
Chris091 wrote:
Hey, great build, I've had a blast playing this so far!

Would appreciate any feedback on where I go from here, I'm going for level 100 but outside of that is there anything more I can do with this?

https://pobb.in/cZw4jgKcz6DL

Also, what is the "optimal" way to play this build on end game bosses? Currently I'm using Frostbite -> (Vaal) cold snap -> stacking vortexes, sometimes throwing creeping frost if I can stop moving. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

with enough dps, here is roughly my priority

in bossing, you want (in priority)
(i) stay alive, do the mechanics of the boss
(ii) CF to hit boss
(iii) boss in vortex/CF
(iv) your curses and exposure to have 100% uptime (fully applied)
(v) bonechill applied via cold snap

why (ii) > (iii) is because CF can be applied at range, and vortex requires to be in melee range, and potential boss position adjustments. you can spam CF quite comfortably at range to cover a big proportion of the arena with dot damaging ground.

curses and exposure make up significant dps boost, but is useless without your DoT ticking.

cold snap bonechill is useful, but has a short delay to cast, and harder to target than curses (esp if you're using arcanist brand to apply curses), with smaller dot dps contribution than curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info