[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

Hey guys,
First of all wanted to say I'd rate this build 7/10 SO FAR. I like tanky builds, either mappers or bosskillers but I just hate to die.
My question is what should be my next upgrades in terms of tankiness? I feel like DPS is fine, I know that I'm missing high lvl gems and some jewels to improve DPS.
I just have no idea how to make this build tankier - wanted to kill some bosses after I lvl up to ~93lv, but still happens I die on yellow maps to harbingers..
Build:
https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/BaxaroNN/BaxIcyy?i=1&search=name%3Dbaxi

thanks for help in advance
"
BaxaroNN wrote:
Hey guys,
First of all wanted to say I'd rate this build 7/10 SO FAR. I like tanky builds, either mappers or bosskillers but I just hate to die.
My question is what should be my next upgrades in terms of tankiness? I feel like DPS is fine, I know that I'm missing high lvl gems and some jewels to improve DPS.
I just have no idea how to make this build tankier - wanted to kill some bosses after I lvl up to ~93lv, but still happens I die on yellow maps to harbingers..

Well first off; You're a deadeye, dying is basically in the name. Right / Top side of the tree is just squish (except maybe trickster). I hate dying as well, but as far as I'm concerned it's a part of life.

As for upgrades, first thing I noticed is that your amulet has crafted cold damage with attacks. That's a dead stat. It does nothing, we don't attack. Your elder ring is probably the weakest item you've got atm, so I'd focus on a replacement for that. It's basically a 3 stat ring (life, cold/fire/light res), rest are dead stats.

Then you could start on the look out for a double corrupted march of the legion for a +9 to your icicle mine. You could probably recraft your belt with a deafening essence of zeal instead (get more mine throwing speed), you should probably replace the lightning damage implicit (again, we don't attack) on your gloves for something either more damage or defensive.

Then your flasks; If you get steelskin + cwdt somewhere (check pob for levels), then you can drop the bleed immunity on your silver flask. Same if you change panteon to brine king for your quicksilver's freeze immunity. You should probably also double check your item levels on your flask, high level flask roll better stats. You're probably aiming for something like charge on hit / charge on crit / inc effect + movespeed / evasion / shock avoid / curse immunity / burning immunity and then use a charges when full enchant or a reused at end of flask effect enchant, which ever you prefer. Also quality on all flasks.

Lastly, your gem levels + qualities. Go buy gems off trade (assuming you're in trade), 20/20 at least, better if you can afford it.

And last last tip, I've found for bossing that icicle mine of fanning just squeezes out a smidge more DPS, as long as there's only 1 boss, so maybe grab that as a gem swap if you can deal with such a thing.

All that being said; I'm with you, I'm also looking at making this a bit tankier, still unsure where to go but I have some ideas that I want to try out.
"
Kuwálda wrote:

Isn't 6% ele pen base better vs bosses? (normal mobs are one shot anyway)

Honestly? I have no idea, I just went with opal scepter because I know that xD. It might well be more damage vs bosses. If you're so inclined to test it out, do let me know!
"
BaxaroNN wrote:
Hey guys,
Build:
https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/BaxaroNN/BaxIcyy?i=1&search=name%3Dbaxi

thanks for help in advance

Dps and proj speed are very important. If you freeze and 1 shot everything you won't die as often anymore!
- get a level 21 Icicle now, its a few chaos
- get projectile speed tattoos for your tree now, they are only a few chaos too
I pointed this out in my guide! It's very important.
Your gloves implicits are wrong too^^.
You should fix your flasks too. (for example 30 max charges on flasks with 60 charges, to get it to 90 = you can use them 3 times without getting new charges. Your flasks should always be up!
Also, you are not supposed to use a life flask with Rathpith + Dissolution!
The cold damage to attacks craft on your amulet has already been pointed out.
Get an Arcanist Brand setup (it's fine to only use it vs map boss / endgame bosses)
If you fix this, you will notice a big difference ;)
Last edited by 99prosorc on Apr 7, 2024, 6:27:57 AM
Hey insane build love it so far goes fast farming maps abit squishy but okay we can't have it all i guess 😂, Any improvement as I wonder why I have so low damage with such gear I have

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/Jojonephew/Shibarium?i=0&search=name%3DShibar
"
bwssoldya wrote:

Well first off; You're a deadeye, dying is basically in the name. Right / Top side of the tree is just squish (except maybe trickster). I hate dying as well, but as far as I'm concerned it's a part of life.

I got to 97 without mageblood and now 99 with mageblood, never did domain legion or anything like that this league, just t16 mapping.

As far as my experience, you should reroll:
- 70% avoid ailments
- monsters cannot be slowed

If you want to be sure, also reroll:
- extra cast/attack speed (a lot of deaths are to fast mobs)

Anyway.
The damage and clear with Nimis is just OP. Idk how it works, but it does.
"
Jojonephew wrote:
Hey insane build love it so far goes fast farming maps abit squishy but okay we can't have it all i guess 😂, Any improvement as I wonder why I have so low damage with such gear I have

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/Jojonephew/Shibarium?i=0&search=name%3DShibar

Just glancing over everything I'd say your dagger is by far the weakest link probably? The crit chance (both implicit and explicit) are probably not doing too much, the phys is kinda useless and the mana regen rate is as well. So you're basically rocking a 3 stat weapon. I'd say getting a +1 cold with flat cold and crit multi is gonna significantly boost your damage. If you're looking for a graveyard craft that should get you a great scepter, check my earlier comment.
"
Kuwálda wrote:

I got to 97 without mageblood and now 99 with mageblood, never did domain legion or anything like that this league, just t16 mapping.

As far as my experience, you should reroll:
- 70% avoid ailments
- monsters cannot be slowed

If you want to be sure, also reroll:
- extra cast/attack speed (a lot of deaths are to fast mobs)

Yeah I've started rerolling the cannot be slowed and no regen maps. I should probably also add avoid ailments to that pool.

In fairness, most of my deaths are because of big hitting rare's or unique's. Stuff like bosses, beasts and essence mobs. Also in all honesty, I'm just a mechanically bad player, I walk into shit I shouldn't, randomly flame dash into a big pack, etc. I've made my peace with it. For leveling purposes though I'm now running the Abyss strat that sirgog posted on his YT yesterday. Went from 91 with 7% to 92 with 29% in the span of like 3 maps.
"
bwssoldya wrote:
"
Jojonephew wrote:

Just glancing over everything I'd say your dagger is by far the weakest link probably? The crit chance (both implicit and explicit) are probably not doing too much, the phys is kinda useless and the mana regen rate is as well. So you're basically rocking a 3 stat weapon. I'd say getting a +1 cold with flat cold and crit multi is gonna significantly boost your damage. If you're looking for a graveyard craft that should get you a great scepter, check my earlier comment.

Damn and I bought it for 2divines thinking it was so good... Thank you gonna do that craft then even that it seems extremely hard would be nice if we had a video on how to do it :)

Also I am having kinda trouble finding the corpses I need to craft it as I search with the terms you wrote but I cant find them on search
Last edited by Jojonephew on Apr 7, 2024, 4:09:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info