Well this is kinda sudden -- Complete Wolcen on PS4/5 next week / on sale on steam atm.

"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Spoken like a true gamer.

There’s no point arguing because it is true. I am the true gamer. A True gamer has to be like me.

Proof is in the pudding.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Wolcen sux, it's waste of money and time.
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Spoken like a true gamer.

There’s no point arguing because it is true. I am the true gamer. A True gamer has to be like me.

Proof is in the pudding.

I see you are a non-believer.

Can you prove I am not a true gamer?
I've had all sorts of bugs so far on PC

Stash tabs becoming completely unresponsive so you can't take items out until you restart the game
Crashes to desktop after beating lieutenant fights several times
Unable to duplicate skills which sucks for summoner build where you need duplicates
Placeholder strings all over the place

Act 4 isn't really what I was expecting, it's just the existing war table system with some added cutscenes and the lieutenant + final boss fights. Final boss is quite fun but given that the last major patch was 15 months ago one has to wonder what they did in the other 14 months.

Still, it's passable as a time filler, will give it another go in a couple of weeks and hopefully they've ironed out most of the bugs.
"
awesome999 wrote:

You make the claim, the burden of proof is on you.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
I've had all sorts of bugs so far on PC

Stash tabs becoming completely unresponsive so you can't take items out until you restart the game
Crashes to desktop after beating lieutenant fights several times
Unable to duplicate skills which sucks for summoner build where you need duplicates
Placeholder strings all over the place

Act 4 isn't really what I was expecting, it's just the existing war table system with some added cutscenes and the lieutenant + final boss fights. Final boss is quite fun but given that the last major patch was 15 months ago one has to wonder what they did in the other 14 months.

Still, it's passable as a time filler, will give it another go in a couple of weeks and hopefully they've ironed out most of the bugs.

I am finding that it is just about as good as it was (on PC) a year ago. Re-levelling cause I like the process.
Will see how Act IV looks once I get there (though I am there if you know what I mean)
Honestly I've probably had more fun playing Titan Quest on my tablet with a ps4 controller.

But when Wolcen is on fire it really blazes. When the action, the music, the flow is all there. Unfortunately that is maybe 5% of the time.

Better than the 0% of Last Epoch for me but still by all logic I should have put the money towards playing DIV this weekend.

Oh well. Still a lot to love with Wolcen. The way the story refuses to conform to ARPG traditions of inherent time travel. The ridiculous number of skill variants. The awesome basic attack combos. The shenanigans you can pull once the Gate of Fates is second nature. But man you just wish it was all done in a better-made game.
I may or may not have spent a great deal of this weekend hunting down every live version of 'Cliffs of Dover' I can. Eric Johnson is a guitarist's guitarist. He makes me want to be a writer's writer.
"
Honestly I've probably had more fun playing Titan Quest on my tablet with a ps4 controller.

But when Wolcen is on fire it really blazes. When the action, the music, the flow is all there. Unfortunately that is maybe 5% of the time.

Better than the 0% of Last Epoch for me but still by all logic I should have put the money towards playing DIV this weekend.

Oh well. Still a lot to love with Wolcen. The way the story refuses to conform to ARPG traditions of inherent time travel. The ridiculous number of skill variants. The awesome basic attack combos. The shenanigans you can pull once the Gate of Fates is second nature. But man you just wish it was all done in a better-made game.

Technically you could still get into the closed DIV beta with a preorder, if so inclined, I think at literally any point this weekend. In addition there is an open one next week.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
awesome999 wrote:

You make the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Absolutely, it's first hand testimony. These truths are self-evident. You're disputing a fact.
Last edited by awesome999 on Mar 16, 2023, 11:04:44 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

Technically you could still get into the closed DIV beta with a preorder, if so inclined, I think at literally any point this weekend. In addition there is an open one next week.

Eh I don't think I need to clarify that my decision to not preorder (or cheese the system into the preorder demo weekend) isn't a financial one. I can and will wait for next weekend's no worries.

--

Well I made it to chapter 3 before putting it down. Just too many bugs. Bummer, but I can see why they didn't advertise this at all. It's an absolute bust. Missing textures, npcs getting stuck at the beginning of the level, crashes, sound cutting out...yeah. And as I said on the sub, I didn't do this for me. I wanted to test it. So test it I did. I would refund it if I could. It is that unacceptable.

Oh well. Back to Titan Quest and/or Stranger of Paradise.
I may or may not have spent a great deal of this weekend hunting down every live version of 'Cliffs of Dover' I can. Eric Johnson is a guitarist's guitarist. He makes me want to be a writer's writer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info