[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
Judasmonk wrote:
Realized your 3.23 pobb high budget has tattoos...but those are all in standard.

It doesn't matter. There will be other ways to scale in 3.23 and it already has way more than enough DPS without them.
"
corosou wrote:
Video Update: Juiced Mapping Showcase

As requested, a Juiced Mapping Showcase video:

T16 Minotaur (Juiced Mapping Showcase)

Was basically just rushing the boss and some mechanics to showcase the build clear-speed.

Enjoy & GL

Thanks alot really appreciated !

Do you think this build will be decently viable for Ultimatum ?
Last edited by MeTeC on Dec 8, 2023, 1:33:37 PM
"
MeTeC wrote:
Spoiler
"
corosou wrote:
Video Update: Juiced Mapping Showcase

As requested, a Juiced Mapping Showcase video:

T16 Minotaur (Juiced Mapping Showcase)

Was basically just rushing the boss and some mechanics to showcase the build clear-speed.

Enjoy & GL

Thanks alot really appreciated !

Do you think this build will be decently viable for Ultimatum ?

Np! Don't really why why not... We'll find out soon!
Last edited by corosou on Dec 8, 2023, 1:35:03 PM
3.23 Early Mapping Setup

Hi Fellas,

So, I got to mapping and already put the base unique set together, again for around 10-20c.

Here's how my toon is looking:

Clear feels very good with the new changes, but Act 1 was VERY PAINFUL... Gem needs more dmg at the very start, it's kind of a joke, even with a 2H Axe from Lvl 2 on.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Dec 9, 2023, 3:15:44 AM
3.23 Early Red Mapping Setup

Hey guys,

I'm into Red Maps, just got my 5L, trying to get my 6L done.

Here's how my toon is looking:

Axe was 5c, just setup a live search and found a very nice roll. This is what you want. 5S myself.

6S Lioneye's 10c

Corrupted Thrillsteel was 30c; a bit higher than others, but it had 4S and colors I wanted

Boots 5c

Rings 5-10c

Flasks self-crafted

Belt 3c

Amulet 5c

I recommend focusing on Chaos Res, Affliction is full of it, so try to get a flask like my Amethyst with Reduced Curse Effect; it makes a big diff in maps with Temporal/Enfeeble/etc, and it also helps with those annoying mobs with Curse Auras circling them.

I am also sorry to say that I recommend you avoid Affliction while trying to clear the Atlas; it's what I am doing myself. Empowered bosses can be incredibly tanky/rippy.

Also, I haven't yet completed my last Ascendancy. Will just get it when I'm 90, it's not required to map.

GL

EDIT: Finding Carnage Heart +1 Curse is a bit tough at the moment, so here's what I did:

Ring: 5c
Gloves: 30c

We get the extra Curse, Resistances, and Cannot be Poisoned is not going for much right now, so overall quite strong. Poison immune from Ring and Bleed immune from Mastery.

You can map upto T11-12s without the double-curse setup, but DPS does stand to get a bit low by this point without it, so the earlier you can incorporate double-cursing into your toon, the better it will feel leveling.

EDIT2: Another cheap item that makes mapping much smoother is this for Temporal Chains maps

1c
Last edited by corosou on Dec 9, 2023, 8:38:25 PM
im also trying this build now but is there no Call of Steel? or is it buuged
"
Dandor1999 wrote:
im also trying this build now but is there no Call of Steel? or is it buuged

Still there in the new version

You level with the default base one and then buy this one later, at an appropriate level for your character, and swap to it.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Dec 9, 2023, 8:14:38 PM
3.23 First T16 Red Mapping Setup

OK Fellas,

One more update, just so people have something to copy.

My toon is now level 90, I've done my last lab, I've done my first T16, and this is the exact setup I did it with:

So, from here on out, things can only get better. There're cluster jewels, and Annointments, Double-Corruptions, Awakened Gems, and a bunch of other ways to scale this beyond this initial league start phase.

Point is, you don't need much to get started farming Red Maps, and if you just copy this exact setup, you'll be able to do so.

GL

Last edited by corosou on Dec 9, 2023, 11:12:11 PM
3.22 Splitting Steel Bug: Last attack not splitting

Hi Fellas,

While doing some testing earlier today, I identified a potential bug with the last attack or shard used.

Here are the details:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3454163

"
corosou wrote:
Hi Devs,

So, I noticed with the new Splitting Steel, that the last attack is not splitting, and it's just a single projectile that hits the ground and returns (when using Returning Proj. Sup.)

I tested this with 12 or 16 shards and it didn't make a difference, it's always the last attack that does not split.

That is that say, that if I have 12 Shards, 5 attacks in my HO will show the projectiles split, travel to max distance, return and explode, but the 6th attack is a single projectile that hits the ground and retuns.

With 16 shards, 7 attacks with behave normally and the 8th will be the single projectile.

I tested with a friend in my HO and he can see the behavior as well, so I don't think it's a display bug.

So, why do I think this is a bug?

The skill plainly states:

"Consume shards to fire a single projectile that splits on impact or at the targeted location"

And the last attack does consume 2 Shards, so why is it not Splitting?

Here's a clip of the bug: https://streamable.com/btgb39

If this is intended, I don't understand it.

Can someone kindly look into this pls?

Regards!

"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your report, I'll pass this on.

As you can see, GGG is already on top of it, and much appreciated!

Hopefully we get a fix soon... it might be a potential DPS loss.

GL
thanks for your updates, I'm trying this build as I wanted to play something different this league and early mapping is quite smooth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info