[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Body Armour crafting, round 2.

Hitting T1/T1/T2 defense mods within first 20 fossils made me stop to hunt all T1 mods.

With league over, it doesn't matter that much anyway.

Hard to do challenges (kill bosses while avoiding being hit by stuff) for this league were pretty easy. With new bosses being easy and fast to kill, only problem was the Black Knight laser. But you need only 4 out of 6 anyway.

Other avoid stuff challenge was to kill some old bosses, where the hard part was to get to the boss rather than avoiding stuff during the fight. And you need only 3 out of 5 here.

Pinnacle bosses just needed to be killed without extra loops and T17 maps were made easier.

Everything else was just grinding gears until you had done stuff x times.
Hey! I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do we not take something like the Soul Thief Notable so that we can get the Evasion and Energy Shield Mastery that says: "1% increased Evasion Rating per 5 Intelligence/Dexterity provides no inherent bonus to Evasion Rating." If I do this, it takes me up to 80% chance to evade. However, to do this, I had to unspec from Sovereignty and its related passives. I can maintain Clarity, Zealotry, and Purity of Elements even with this thanks to Enlighten 3, but I wouldn't be able to get another aura.

So, is it just that the opportunity cost is too high and we are better off with more increased reservation efficiency to accommodate the Aspect? If so, maybe taking this notable could be an intermediate step before acquiring that Aspect. Or would I be better off going into another set of passives besides this one until I can acquire the Aspect?

Last edited by Asorcis on Aug 11, 2024, 11:49:00 AM
"
Asorcis wrote:
Hey! I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do we not take something like the Soul Thief Notable so that we can get the Evasion and Energy Shield Mastery that says: "1% increased Evasion Rating per 5 Intelligence/Dexterity provides no inherent bonus to Evasion Rating." If I do this, it takes me up to 80% chance to evade. However, to do this, I had to unspec from Sovereignty and its related passives. I can maintain Clarity, Zealotry, and Purity of Elements even with this thanks to Enlighten 3, but I wouldn't be able to get another aura.

So, is it just that the opportunity cost is too high and we are better off with more increased reservation efficiency to accommodate the Aspect? If so, maybe taking this notable could be an intermediate step before acquiring that Aspect. Or would I be better off going into another set of passives besides this one until I can acquire the Aspect?

There are plenty of stuff we would love to have if we had just 3 or 10 or maybe 200 more passive points to spare.

If you have to choose between more defense and more offense, if about equal amounts offense is often better. It makes you kill stuff faster so you have less time to make mistakes and, in a way, works as a defensive tool.
"
dkerza wrote:

That's great, could you or someone break down the step by step guide how to craft the ring including adding the aspect of the spider with the item requirements linked to the post for visualization similar to the explanation written in the guide?

1. Buy a Helical Ring with item level >= 84. The ring must not have any influence and cannot be already mirrored or corrupted. Split is fine. A fractured "good" prefix (see below) is fine.

2. Spam Deafening Essence of Spite. You are looking for:
- Prefix: either open or one of the following two "good" prefixes (any tier): %increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills, +to Maximum Life. (Any other very low-tier prefix can also be OK in a pinch, but these are the best options as they do absolutely nothing to the build.)
- Suffixes: the Essence flat int and a second T1 suffix of your choice (Kelvynn recommended 46-48% to an elemental resistance; you could also do all res, or flat dex, or all attributes, etc. Up to you!)

If you roll more than two suffixes, or a non-"good" prefix, use an Orb of Annulment to try to remove the extraneous affixes.

3. At this point you should have a rare, non-influenced Helical ring with two good suffixes and either no prefix or a prefix from the above "good" list.

Buy The Black Mórrígan and Fenumus, First of the Night. Beastcraft Level 30 Aspect of the Spider onto the ring. (This step is guaranteed and will add a third suffix).

4. Use Intrinsic Catalysts on the ring until you get 20% quality.

5. (Optional) Maximize the value of the +int roll using Divine Orbs.

6. Cross your fingers and use a Reflecting Mist on the ring. The exact odds of success aren't known and depend on how the Mist outcomes are weighted, but are at least 33%.

Last edited by evouga on Aug 11, 2024, 1:28:54 PM
I'm so happy to have re-discovered this build. After 2 meh attempts at builds this league, I now feel this one, again, gives consistent DPS and stable defenses. Onwards!
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
evouga wrote:
"
dkerza wrote:

That's great, could you or someone break down the step by step guide how to craft the ring including adding the aspect of the spider with the item requirements linked to the post for visualization similar to the explanation written in the guide?

1. Buy a Helical Ring with item level >= 84. The ring must not have any influence and cannot be already mirrored or corrupted. Split is fine. A fractured "good" prefix (see below) is fine.

2. Spam Deafening Essence of Spite. You are looking for:
- Prefix: either open or one of the following two "good" prefixes (any tier): %increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills, +to Maximum Life. (Any other very low-tier prefix can also be OK in a pinch, but these are the best options as they do absolutely nothing to the build.)
- Suffixes: the Essence flat int and a second T1 suffix of your choice (Kelvynn recommended 46-48% to an elemental resistance; you could also do all res, or flat dex, or all attributes, etc. Up to you!)

If you roll more than two suffixes, or a non-"good" prefix, use an Orb of Annulment to try to remove the extraneous affixes.

3. At this point you should have a rare, non-influenced Helical ring with two good suffixes and either no prefix or a prefix from the above "good" list.

Buy The Black Mórrígan and Fenumus, First of the Night. Beastcraft Level 30 Aspect of the Spider onto the ring. (This step is guaranteed and will add a third suffix).

4. Use Intrinsic Catalysts on the ring until you get 20% quality.

5. (Optional) Maximize the value of the +int roll using Divine Orbs.

6. Cross your fingers and use a Reflecting Mist on the ring. The exact odds of success aren't known and depend on how the Mist outcomes are weighted, but are at least 33%.

Thanks for the explanation!

Now, let's try and hope for the best outcome.

Update:

No luck it seems!

Last edited by dkerza on Aug 11, 2024, 6:02:21 PM
https://pobb.in/O5n9TI43-4bi

im at a transitional stage from mapping to endgame and still chasing currency.
am lacking rare mob damage in yellow maps and occasionally get one shot.
i would appreciate some direction where to upgrade next?

my split personality is in the wrong spot for now until i get to the left side, my tree needs to transition out of some points into others, and i still need the boot annoint.

i feel my next move besides the tree is the expensive jewels/clusters?
"
Morphl1 wrote:
https://pobb.in/O5n9TI43-4bi

im at a transitional stage from mapping to endgame and still chasing currency.
am lacking rare mob damage in yellow maps and occasionally get one shot.
i would appreciate some direction where to upgrade next?

my split personality is in the wrong spot for now until i get to the left side, my tree needs to transition out of some points into others, and i still need the boot annoint.

i feel my next move besides the tree is the expensive jewels/clusters?

I would start by buying a better chest, amulet, and helmet.

Get a hybrid ES/EV chest with flat int and craft % increased attributes. A good chest will cost you 10c and will *dramatically* improve your tankiness. Note that Escape Artist turns EV into bonus ES, so a hybrid base is much better than pure ES since you’ll evade most attacks too.

You want 100+ intelligence on your amulet and 50+ on your helmet. The important of stacking intelligence, for both defense and offense, cannot be overstated.

All of this is covered in detail in the OP’s gearing guide. You will indeed eventually want to invest in good jewels, but that’s a dozens-of-divines upgrade. You have a lot of slots that can be massively improved with just a few chaos orbs.
@evouga

got it thank you.
i appreciate the time you took to look and reply
"
Asorcis wrote:

80% chance to evade attacks from white (normal) trash mobs that can't really hurt you anyway. It won't do anything against spells cast by endgame bosses - all their deadly stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info