[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hey guys, what are my next steps? https://pobb.in/u/pooki/B85n8_hL2SA1 A bit lost on where to go next, I have 26 div raw. Is my amulet good enough to smack in Whispers of Doom or shall I save the oils for a better one?

"
dkerza wrote:
"
evouga wrote:
"
dkerza wrote:

That's great, could you or someone break down the step by step guide how to craft the ring including adding the aspect of the spider with the item requirements linked to the post for visualization similar to the explanation written in the guide?

1. Buy a Helical Ring with item level >= 84. The ring must not have any influence and cannot be already mirrored or corrupted. Split is fine. A fractured "good" prefix (see below) is fine.

2. Spam Deafening Essence of Spite. You are looking for:
- Prefix: either open or one of the following two "good" prefixes (any tier): %increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills, +to Maximum Life. (Any other very low-tier prefix can also be OK in a pinch, but these are the best options as they do absolutely nothing to the build.)
- Suffixes: the Essence flat int and a second T1 suffix of your choice (Kelvynn recommended 46-48% to an elemental resistance; you could also do all res, or flat dex, or all attributes, etc. Up to you!)

If you roll more than two suffixes, or a non-"good" prefix, use an Orb of Annulment to try to remove the extraneous affixes.

3. At this point you should have a rare, non-influenced Helical ring with two good suffixes and either no prefix or a prefix from the above "good" list.

Buy The Black Mórrígan and Fenumus, First of the Night. Beastcraft Level 30 Aspect of the Spider onto the ring. (This step is guaranteed and will add a third suffix).

4. Use Intrinsic Catalysts on the ring until you get 20% quality.

5. (Optional) Maximize the value of the +int roll using Divine Orbs.

6. Cross your fingers and use a Reflecting Mist on the ring. The exact odds of success aren't known and depend on how the Mist outcomes are weighted, but are at least 33%.

Thanks for the explanation!

Now, let's try and hope for the best outcome.

Update:

No luck it seems!

yo, i go the same result....1 ring down...9 more to go...
i would go for the all-res so i can balance my res in the end but single res is good as well.
Last edited by gruumine on Aug 12, 2024, 2:02:27 PM
"
pooki wrote:
Hey guys, what are my next steps? https://pobb.in/u/pooki/B85n8_hL2SA1 A bit lost on where to go next, I have 26 div raw. Is my amulet good enough to smack in Whispers of Doom or shall I save the oils for a better one?

First, fix your flasks, as they are quite suspect.

Otherwise your gear looks pretty good and should be able to handle all content. Anoint Whispers of Doom unless you plan on buying a new amulet immediately with better stats or resistance.

After that, your weakest item IMO is your helmet. Get one with 10% increased int, more ES, and a good resistance suffix.
"
evouga wrote:
"
pooki wrote:

First, fix your flasks, as they are quite suspect.

Otherwise your gear looks pretty good and should be able to handle all content. Anoint Whispers of Doom unless you plan on buying a new amulet immediately with better stats or resistance.

After that, your weakest item IMO is your helmet. Get one with 10% increased int, more ES, and a good resistance suffix.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, the flasks I haven't really spent even a minute looking at, kind of forgotten them tbh. Sure thing will anoint the amulet next time I get online. And will look into a better helmet, I see many people use pure ES helmets, so maybe I should see if I can get one of those instead of this hybrid one.
"
gruumine wrote:

i would go for the all-res so i can balance my res in the end but single res is good as well.

Cold res is to overcap it so wise oak can do its job, and I am currently using a Kalandra ring that gives me 100% ++ Cold res. Let me know if you hit the thing you want.

Tip: you can vendor 5 bricked rings to get one non-split Helical back, then split it!
"
dkerza wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:

Cold res is to overcap it so wise oak can do its job, and I am currently using a Kalandra ring that gives me 100% ++ Cold res. Let me know if you hit the thing you want.

Tip: you can vendor 5 bricked rings to get one non-split Helical back, then split it!

nice!!! so i get free 4 rings...since i got 10 out there. thx!

i am trying to make all 3 res same so wise oak can do its job :)
I finaly managed to craft the +10% int helmet. Hunters exalts are 370 chaos atm in settlers so it was not a cheap one.

My biggest problem is the +3% dmg per int on gloves. I tried like 100 ichors and no luck.

What are the best anoints? Tranquility and Whispers?
Hey all. I'm progressing pretty well through this build and loving it once again. (4th time i've been playing whispering ice). I seem to have some trouble getting through rares in maps sometimes. Am I missing something obvious on my character or do I just have to get more levels?

https://pobb.in/-jbkyvMWDKeE
I needed to switch to the single-target staff sometimes to take out tanky rares while leveling through early maps, especially when the rares had 75% cold resistance. Nothing jumps out to me as incorrectly configured in your build, though. Keep leveling and switch to the cluster jewel tree with Zealotry as soon as you can.

BOOM!

Finally got a lucky 2.0 roll on the Reflecting Mist. This is going to be my final ring. The beauty of it is that with the All Res mod you can just put Kalandra's Touch in the other slot. It's currently cheaper than the Helcial base anyway.

This one lucky craft gives me 76% all res without any other res mods anywhere else!

Btw, the wiki article got edited and now it says the max roll on Reflecting Mist is 2.1. Several days ago, when I crafted my first ones, it was saying 2.4. There are some other technical details that are still being figured out too. I intend to spend some currency to test those details before making an official 'How To' post. Don't want to spread misinformation.

With the 2.1 being the max roll, the highest possible value on 1 ring is 205 Int (trunc(58 * 2.1) * 1.7).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info