[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Just a quick check on expectations - what's the damage like on the cyclone staff, with non-insane gear? I've still got a bit to sort out, especially clusters plus some more levels, but I'm sure I remember doing more damage last time I played this - but a lot of things have changed since then.
I'm running some betrayal at the moment, and they are often escaping before I can kill them. Self cast kills them ok - but it's so much smoother cycloning.

Have just realised I've overlevelled CwC - but it's not that big a deal is it?

Current gearing (Need to slam the helmet, change amulet anoint and sort out eldritch implicits)

With that setup I've annoyingly left myself a bit short on res - had to craft on my gloves so no room for aspect of spider, and use a rare jewel with res and crit multi. Might have to recraft some bits or get better rings.
Mana regen on the ruby ring has fixed mana issues though, don't need recoup. And the bonus charges on kill are nice for mapping on amulet.

On the positive side - unkillable in 'normal' content, even with my terrible play/internet connection.
I wanna say thank you to Kelvynn and everyone here for much information about this build, on my way for 40/40, and with this build its really enjoyable. I prefer to change build every league, but it might be the one, that I'm going back next league's. Don't know if I'm gonna gear it more till bis amulet, but yeah, thank you
"
Carlovski wrote:
Just a quick check on expectations - what's the damage like on the cyclone staff, with non-insane gear? I've still got a bit to sort out, especially clusters plus some more levels, but I'm sure I remember doing more damage last time I played this - but a lot of things have changed since then.
I'm running some betrayal at the moment, and they are often escaping before I can kill them. Self cast kills them ok - but it's so much smoother cycloning.

Current gearing (Need to slam the helmet, change amulet anoint and sort out eldritch implicits)

With that setup I've annoyingly left myself a bit short on res - had to craft on my gloves so no room for aspect of spider, and use a rare jewel with res and crit multi. Might have to recraft some bits or get better rings.
Mana regen on the ruby ring has fixed mana issues though, don't need recoup. And the bonus charges on kill are nice for mapping on amulet.

On the positive side - unkillable in 'normal' content, even with my terrible play/internet connection.

Your gear is way better than mine and I can comfortably kill syndicate members in T16s.

Level up the CWDT in the boots. It's intended to protect you after a big hit; you don't want it constantly triggering on trash and eating all your mana. It's also extremely important that you level up Punishment in your chest, but it looks like you've already done this.

Your flasks are highly suspect. Roll them as suggested in the build guide, with Instilling Orbs to automate 100% uptime.

Cold penetration is very important to smoothly killing tanky rares and uniques with cold resistance on the Cyclone staff. Get a Wise Oak (and ensure that cold is your highest uncapped resistance) and a Watcher's Eye with the Zealotry penetration mod. Blanketed Snow cluster jewels are currently very expensive, but keep an eye on the live trade.
Last edited by evouga on Aug 5, 2024, 8:54:50 AM
Hello together,

love this build so far, still pretty early (~white maps, slowly transitioning to yellow) and found a divine which I wanted to use to get a really good body armour, but i dont really understand how the crafting works as described in the post.

I cant find any bases with fractured ES, which i could use for craftig? I'm sure I dont understand somethhing important here, can someone ELI5 it for me please?
You will need dozens of divine orbs to craft something better than what you can find on trade.

For now, buy something decent with 50+ int, 400+ ES, 1700+ EV, and an open suffix to craft 6% attributes. This will only cost you a dozen or so chaos orbs.
"
evouga wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

Your gear is way better than mine and I can comfortably kill syndicate members in T16s.

Level up the CWDT in the boots. It's intended to protect you after a big hit; you don't want it constantly triggering on trash and eating all your mana. It's also extremely important that you level up Punishment in your chest, but it looks like you've already done this.

Your flasks are highly suspect. Roll them as suggested in the build guide, with Instilling Orbs to automate 100% uptime.

Cold penetration is very important to smoothly killing tanky rares and uniques with cold resistance on the Cyclone staff. Get a Wise Oak (and ensure that cold is your highest uncapped resistance) and a Watcher's Eye with the Zealotry penetration mod. Blanketed Snow cluster jewels are currently very expensive, but keep an eye on the live trade.

Thanks - I'm always incredibly lazy about flasks and leave them till last (And yes, I know they are normally the cheapest and best upgrade!)

Yeah, I had somehow paused levelling on punishment, had only sorted out just before taking that gear snapshot.
Pen is low at the moment, and if nothing hits me for a while to get curses off, might be why I'm not doing much against tanky mods. I was eyeing up crit zealotry watchers over pen, partially as cheaper and partially as crit is quite inconsistent currently. But maybe pen will be better.

Clusters are horribly expensive atm. Might just get a single notable one with good small mods.
Yes, Cold to the Core and Natural Affinity will be a huge damage boost even without Blanketed Snow (at least, for bosses, essenced rares, etc. that you can afford to facetank while vines build up).
"
Django1987 wrote:
Hello together,

love this build so far, still pretty early (~white maps, slowly transitioning to yellow) and found a divine which I wanted to use to get a really good body armour, but i dont really understand how the crafting works as described in the post.

I cant find any bases with fractured ES, which i could use for craftig? I'm sure I dont understand somethhing important here, can someone ELI5 it for me please?

my first mid-game chest this league was for 5c
19 suppres
+49int
2000 evasion
450 es
+ attributes craft(myself)

=)
I combined the Shaper influenced amulet with the Crusader one, annulled one of the main mods unfortunately and went on rampage to put Essence of Spite on it in hope it can get the two main mods but to no avail. Is it still actually possible?
Yes but you're not going to like the odds. 7k essences for a 60% chance of hitting the two influenced mods, according to Craft of Exile.

Just buy new bases and start over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info