[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Is there an obvious next step for me from a gearing perspective? I'm thinking I'm well overdue for a second staff that is built for bossing. Anything else?

I'm hoping to dip my toe in T17s soon. Thanks for any advice!

"
Asorcis wrote:
Is there an obvious next step for me from a gearing perspective? I'm thinking I'm well overdue for a second staff that is built for bossing. Anything else?

I'm hoping to dip my toe in T17s soon. Thanks for any advice!

Yeah you will want a single-target staff for dealing with the T17 bosses. Your gear looks fine otherwise for farming the map itself? Are you noticing any particular problems?

The main upgrade that jumps out at me is replacing Astramentis with a double-influenced amulet.
@Asorcis you might want to go for the boot entchant. tranquility is much better.

a bossing staff is a must have investment as soon as you reach maps. the difference is so big it´s not even funny how much faster bosses/essences die. it is also by far the cheapest upgrade you can make for your damage. the staff with 18% int cost me 4 chaos on leaguestart sunday & some bubblegum for the sockets.
"
evouga wrote:
Yeah you will want a single-target staff for dealing with the T17 bosses. Your gear looks fine otherwise for farming the map itself? Are you noticing any particular problems?

The main upgrade that jumps out at me is replacing Astramentis with a double-influenced amulet.

"
Gottwurm wrote:
@Asorcis you might want to go for the boot entchant. tranquility is much better.

a bossing staff is a must have investment as soon as you reach maps. the difference is so big it´s not even funny how much faster bosses/essences die. it is also by far the cheapest upgrade you can make for your damage. the staff with 18% int cost me 4 chaos on leaguestart sunday & some bubblegum for the sockets.

Haha, oh my god, I was really underestimating the significance of the second staff. I've gotten to 106 Atlas points without one, but my damage with Icestorm is quite literally double or more with the bossing staff. I've played this build several times before, but I've either never used a second staff or I just forgot how big of a deal it is? Anyway, lesson learned! Thank you both for your other suggestions, too!
Last edited by Asorcis on Aug 5, 2024, 4:56:26 PM
Curious for people pushing it pretty far how much you think rational doctrine is worth or even really fits in point wise.

Nearly every test I look at in PoB its covering ~2% crit chance for low life bossing. Do you find it worth for the value pre 50% and the mapping boost? I can pretty easily afford one but I keep going back and forth over if I want to go for it because the boost for pre 50% seems achievable just with a good rare jewel in PoB.

Second point is I'm curious how people feel about the insane dex requirements of the new bases. 173 is asking a lot, but I feel like this is the best solution.

You lose out on a tiny 2% deffences over the best tailoring orb, but it feels like it eases the dex so much that its by far worth it.
Last edited by mysticturtle12 on Aug 5, 2024, 9:17:51 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
I wasn't sure if this had been brought up, but I found a pretty cheap anoint to take the place of Wisdom of the Glade for early mapping.

Utmost Intellect (Amber, Violet, Crimson)
+40 Intelligence / 8% Increased Intelligence

That's already a part of the build. Anointing it won't double its effect.

You right, I'm an idiot. What about this?

Path of the Savant
Sepia / Amber / Verdant
+20 Intelligence
+20 Mana
16% Increased Spell Damage
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
I wasn't sure if this had been brought up, but I found a pretty cheap anoint to take the place of Wisdom of the Glade for early mapping.

Utmost Intellect (Amber, Violet, Crimson)
+40 Intelligence / 8% Increased Intelligence

That's already a part of the build. Anointing it won't double its effect.

You right, I'm an idiot. What about this?

Path of the Savant
Sepia / Amber / Verdant
+20 Intelligence
+20 Mana
16% Increased Spell Damage

It's already included in the Gearing Guide.
"
Curious for people pushing it pretty far how much you think rational doctrine is worth or even really fits in point wise.

Not worth it at all imo with the changes to profane ground. 10% curse effect is a lot worse than -10% res. Maybe if you do some wild shenanigans with Anathema it might be worth it, but even then I'm convinced a good rare jewel would be better 99% of the time.

"
Second point is I'm curious how people feel about the insane dex requirements of the new bases. 173 is asking a lot, but I feel like this is the best solution.

You lose out on a tiny 2% deffences over the best tailoring orb, but it feels like it eases the dex so much that its by far worth it.

The tailoring orb is a good solution, but can be pretty expensive to roll. A good Kalandra ring can also solve any dex issues you might have instead. But either way I think this is all overkill, you can already get very high ES without tailoring orbs, and you can even get away with a Torturer Garb instead and still get more than enough without worrying about dex.

In a fully min-maxed setup, I'd probably go with the Kalandra ring in order to be able to get the best tailor, but really at that point it's all just for show :P
"

Nearly every test I look at in PoB its covering ~2% crit chance for low life bossing. Do you find it worth for the value pre 50% and the mapping boost? I can pretty easily afford one but I keep going back and forth over if I want to go for it because the boost for pre 50% seems achievable just with a good rare jewel in PoB.

Returning player here, how'd you get two implicits on the body armour with the tailoring orb? That's actually neat that you can go as high as you can on the defenses without having to get more Dex stats. I must have been pretty lucky with only one slam of the orb onto it and got this mod.

Speaking of the new base's dex requirement, Sanguine Raiment is the sweet spot one can have following OP's gear progression so far but in my case I have to use one Split Personality on Dex instead of ES which's a lot more cheaper yet quite helpful to cover the missing stats and I got Str stats from belt and amulet. I ditched Astramentis for Int boost, one can think of vaaling it to get one extra curse but the influenced mods are the true endgame. With mirrored/Kalandra rings on above 100 Int each, I can get on almost 2500 Int mark but that would decrease if I switch to more expensive jewels.

It comes down to adapting to what we are given RNG-wise on gearing, I was planning to get another one Split Personality for Str if I didn't get any Str stats on my belt and amulet.

"
evouga wrote:
Yes but you're not going to like the odds. 7k essences for a 60% chance of hitting the two influenced mods, according to Craft of Exile.

Just buy new bases and start over.

Gave up on this, wasted more then 400+ Essence of Spite, the amount of currencies I could have bought Enlighten Support instead, to make that gamba happen. Tried alt spamming method but no luck here.
Last edited by dkerza on Aug 6, 2024, 1:37:55 AM
"
ragebarr wrote:
"

Not worth it at all imo with the changes to profane ground. 10% curse effect is a lot worse than -10% res. Maybe if you do some wild shenanigans with Anathema it might be worth it, but even then I'm convinced a good rare jewel would be better 99% of the time.

"

The tailoring orb is a good solution, but can be pretty expensive to roll. A good Kalandra ring can also solve any dex issues you might have instead. But either way I think this is all overkill, you can already get very high ES without tailoring orbs, and you can even get away with a Torturer Garb instead and still get more than enough without worrying about dex.

In a fully min-maxed setup, I'd probably go with the Kalandra ring in order to be able to get the best tailor, but really at that point it's all just for show :P

Yeah no matter what I seem to try profane ground just seems to be completely dead in this context where the crit aspect is so little value because the curse effect can't compete, so good to see I wasn't crazy for thinking it's just not feeling worth now.

As for the chest yeah I think the IDEAL is hit a kalandra ring with Int/Dex/Res, but those honestly are seeming harder to find and more expensive than hitting the tailoring orb. People finally seemed to have caught onto the value of single stat kalandra rings let alone double stat. Though the chest I linked I feel like was a complete steal because I nabbed it for 45div with tailoring orb already set with full T1 defence prefixes and realistically I don't see that hitting very easily for less than that.

There's also the world I've been contemplating where I take my chest and just dump some eldritch into it to reroll the suffixes to try and land Int/Dex because then the chest could cover its own dex cost largely (As long as you do the whole put on another itme to cover the dex until the chest fills its own dex requirement once equipped). Which is the main reason I've not settled on implicits yet because I might give chaos suffixes a go to try and at least get not such low res as my 2nd.
Last edited by mysticturtle12 on Aug 6, 2024, 2:12:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info