[3.20] Cassie's ⚡ Galvanic Arc ⚡ Trickster/Inquisitor | 10-30m DPS | ALL CONTENT | Noob-Friendly

"
NikkieTB wrote:
Is galvanic field the best bossing we have? I feel like I'm just missing some obvious point this league, I'm getting shredded like there's no tomorrow.

Arc is your main DPS skill, Galvanic Field functions as a damage buff in this build. MUCH later into scaling, when you have more consistent high damage on your Arc shocks, Galvanic Field catches up in DPS. You need stuff like power charge rings, enchanted+power charge unique helmet, cluster jewels, Thunderfist, leveling up especially.

It's somewhat justifiable to run hextouch conductivity on your Galvanic Field for a while. It really does need thunderfist to hit harder. This isn't considered for the final build because of 66% pinnacle boss curse resistance, but it's actually pretty good for mapping (including map bosses).

In AN I completed the feared with this build, with significantly less DPS on an Inquisitor (obviously, no field). It DOES work, you just have to finish everything up, it's not going to be broken with a ton of items and levels missing.

This build is quite strange in that it has a lot more layers of multipliers than most builds. For example, an Elementalist doing this might have Cast Speed, Damage, Crit, Multi, and Auras. By comparison, this build has all of that, plus Power Charges, Shock Effect, Timeless Jewel, Corruptions/Enchants, and Cluster Jewels. With twice as many scaling layers, you end up with a more 'exponential' looking gear curve, so you don't take off as quickly, but you don't fall off in terms of upgrades as quickly either.

Another option is to try using Lightning Conduit instead of GF. This could be a bit better because you can trigger on the 'best shock of four' right after unleashing, rather than needing to get lucky on the first hit. Of course this only applies if your gear is so low your first hit isn't consistently applying 65%.

You're doing a great job progressing, keep it up!
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Aug 23, 2022, 2:01:50 PM
"
Cassie322 wrote:
"
NikkieTB wrote:
Is galvanic field the best bossing we have? I feel like I'm just missing some obvious point this league, I'm getting shredded like there's no tomorrow.

Arc is your main DPS skill, Galvanic Field functions as a damage buff in this build. MUCH later into scaling, when you have more consistent high damage on your Arc shocks, Galvanic Field catches up in DPS. You need stuff like power charge rings, enchanted+power charge unique helmet, cluster jewels, Thunderfist, leveling up especially.

It's somewhat justifiable to run hextouch conductivity on your Galvanic Field for a while. It really does need thunderfist to hit harder. This isn't considered for the final build because of 66% pinnacle boss curse resistance, but it's actually pretty good for mapping (including map bosses).

In AN I completed the feared with this build, with significantly less DPS on an Inquisitor (obviously, no field). It DOES work, you just have to finish everything up, it's not going to be broken with a ton of items and levels missing.

This build is quite strange in that it has a lot more layers of multipliers than most builds. For example, an Elementalist doing this might have Cast Speed, Damage, Crit, Multi, and Auras. By comparison, this build has all of that, plus Power Charges, Shock Effect, Timeless Jewel, Corruptions/Enchants, and Cluster Jewels. With twice as many scaling layers, you end up with a more 'exponential' looking gear curve, so you don't take off as quickly, but you don't fall off in terms of upgrades as quickly either.

Another option is to try using Lightning Conduit instead of GF. This could be a bit better because you can trigger on the 'best shock of four' right after unleashing, rather than needing to get lucky on the first hit. Of course this only applies if your gear is so low your first hit isn't consistently applying 65%.

You're doing a great job progressing, keep it up!

Lots of good advice here! I'll try playing around with conduit as well, to see if it makes it a bit better for me right now.
Any easier way to find a Militant Faith with inner conviction? Spent 30 minutes importing them into POB and not one had the node...
"
Salient92 wrote:
Any easier way to find a Militant Faith with inner conviction? Spent 30 minutes importing them into POB and not one had the node...

It's guaranteed with dominus mod, transforms a keystone.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
Cassie322 wrote:
"
Salient92 wrote:

It's guaranteed with dominus mod, transforms a keystone.

Well, I feel stupid.
Last edited by Salient92 on Aug 23, 2022, 5:59:03 PM
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the guide. I love the playstyle.

Although I had a really hard time getting to 80 and through maps.

After doing merc labs it was a lot better for my casting speed and sustaining shimmeron.

THANK YOU!!
So I'm finally starting to get the build rolling but I noticed an issue with the gear.

Spell suppression on boots can only go up to 14% spell suppression (all budgets show 19% spell suppress boots), making this build lacking 5% spell suppress from somewhere, where is a place that this can be added on?
"
B_rock wrote:
So I'm finally starting to get the build rolling but I noticed an issue with the gear.

Spell suppression on boots can only go up to 14% spell suppression (all budgets show 19% spell suppress boots), making this build lacking 5% spell suppress from somewhere, where is a place that this can be added on?

You're right, I didn't read the patch notes thoroughly enough to catch this. Atziri's Step covers this gap and is unchanged, for a budget option. I'll look into this and update the POB with a fix, noting that you MUST have corrupted boots to suppress cap. Fortunately this was our main stat on boots anyway and Atziri's Step is really good, so it's not too disruptive to change this.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Aug 24, 2022, 12:24:07 AM
Hey Cassie,

I just noticed GF can get a chaining skill keyword when getting Divergent Quality.
With the node in our tree giving +1 chain to Chaining skills, i'm wondering if that wouldn't be better than Phantasmal ? :o

EDIT 1 : In the same spirit, i'm going to test Wicked Ward instead of Ghost Reaver.
Kinda wondering how good it can be with our last ascendancy node.

EDIT 2 : Considering the last tweaks you made on the passive tree, i guess we should annoint Doom Cast instead of True Strike ?
Last edited by valarhexile on Aug 24, 2022, 4:23:22 AM
"
valarhexile wrote:
Hey Cassie,

I just noticed GF can get a chaining skill keyword when getting Divergent Quality.
With the node in our tree giving +1 chain to Chaining skills, i'm wondering if that wouldn't be better than Phantasmal ? :o

EDIT 1 : In the same spirit, i'm going to test Wicked Ward instead of Ghost Reaver.
Kinda wondering how good it can be with our last ascendancy node.

EDIT 2 : Considering the last tweaks you made on the passive tree, i guess we should annoint Doom Cast instead of True Strike ?

Galvanic is for single-target, I always check alt qualities.

You can hardly use ES recharge on this build because shimmeron essentially says "you stop recharging for 4 seconds on crit", with its degen.

I didn't think to check the anoint, but I believe you are correct. However, it only applies for the extreme top end of levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info