Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Anyone remembers leagues like blight where the manifesto was something like "look what cool and exiting things we did to minions!". The last manifestos where all in the form of "We idenified the strongest 10% of the player build options and removed/nerfed them". Don't get me wrong that is ok and probably to some extend needed but where is the hype? Where is the new and exiting buffs that make me want to play the league beside some new content? Even for me as a hard core fan it's a bit of a struggle to motivate myself. Not sure how casual players even keep up and not flat out quit.
Lake of nerfs.. Besedge
GGG keeps nerfing everything like this is a PVP game...
"The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree."

Awesome, its really heavy to get Spellslinger to work after the Reservation rework, maybe remove Spellslinger now completly because now we can´t even get enough Reservation to use it.....
"
1869Flame wrote:
The big majority of the player base can't do the Uber bosses without a carry, and by far the most Uber bosses got killed by cast on death builds.

So it would only make sense to nerf defence and reservation for auras (you you have atleast 1 less aura, plus the defiance one is less strong) so the Uber bosses are only for the elites that play PoE for a living... Guess we get yet another league buying carries for challenges at TFT...

And here I was thinking they wanted to reduce the impact of these communities.

Well trought trough.

SO I am one of these players who are supposed to play PoE for their living still I don't get any money from playing it,.... meh that's unfair! I want to have money for being able to deal with content.
"
Robredo wrote:
Anyone remembers leagues like blight where the manifesto was something like "look what cool and exiting things we did to minions!". The last manifestos where all in the form of "We idenified the strongest 10% of the player build options and removed/nerfed them". Don't get me wrong that is ok and probably to some extend needed but where is the hype? Where is the new and exiting buffs that make me want to play the league beside some new content? Even for me as a hard core fan it's a bit of a struggle to motivate myself. Not sure how casual players even keep up and not flat out quit.

Looks like you didn't learned anything in all the time you played then? :3
lake of nerfs :(
"Solution: Reduce the amount of critical strike chance provided by Brittle to make it more comparable to Scorch and Shock."

Imo that's the problem.. instead of bringing other ailment up to par with Brittle, they nerf it.. and now no one will want to use any of 'em.
Hope dominating blow gets a small buff or to it's been indirectly nerfed for the last several patches and could do with a bit of love
"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
1869Flame wrote:
The big majority of the player base can't do the Uber bosses without a carry, and by far the most Uber bosses got killed by cast on death builds.

So it would only make sense to nerf defence and reservation for auras (you you have atleast 1 less aura, plus the defiance one is less strong) so the Uber bosses are only for the elites that play PoE for a living... Guess we get yet another league buying carries for challenges at TFT...

And here I was thinking they wanted to reduce the impact of these communities.

Well trought trough.

SO I am one of these players who are supposed to play PoE for their living still I don't get any money from playing it,.... meh that's unfair! I want to have money for being able to deal with content.

Ther is always that few exceptions, but please do share hours played in 3.18 in that case, beating them all solo?
Last edited by 1869Flame on Aug 3, 2022, 6:46:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info