Searing Bond

Never thought that a 2-linked (!!) skill would be sufficient to clear level 70+ maps. Highest I have done so far is level 72 and it worked quiet good. Totem survivability becomes more and more a problem, though. Some mobs destroy them in a split second and neither the totem resistance gem nor the passives are helpful. Not sure if it is possible to tackle the highest level content with a SB build. Anyways, leveling and early mapping is great with this skill.

I have a few questions regarding damage scaling with the new patches. I read through the pages of the thread since the updates in question, but couldn't really tell from the wording in soem of the posts what was what.

- % Increased Fire Damage
- % Increased Elemental Damage
- % Increased Totem Damage

Which of these, if any, increase Searing Bonds damage?
"
WShinikaru wrote:
I have a few questions regarding damage scaling with the new patches. I read through the pages of the thread since the updates in question, but couldn't really tell from the wording in soem of the posts what was what.

All of them. Burning damage increases the damage, too. The only thing that doesn't work is spell damage.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"
WShinikaru wrote:

All of them. Burning damage increases the damage, too. The only thing that doesn't work is spell damage.

I already knew about burning, I just needed some clarification on the others.
As for that: Splendid, marvelous, and wonderful all rolled into one!
Now I can get back to planning my new build. Thanks for the Info.
Searing bond has a tiny AOE like effect (little more than melee range) around the user and the totem itself.

Does totem range node increase that area?
"
aethynyc wrote:
Searing bond has a tiny AOE like effect (little more than melee range) around the user and the totem itself.

Does totem range node increase that area?
no and neither does aoe boosts.
Why doesn't

working with this skill?

Searing Bond cause elemental status effect (burn)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Searing Bond deals burning damage, but doesn't ignite the enemy. And it doesn't hit, degeneration effects never do.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Delirii wrote:
Searing Bond deals burning damage, but doesn't ignite the enemy. And it doesn't hit, degeneration effects never do.

"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
So the only thing that can increase the dps of Searing Bond :

Skill Gem:

Searing + Increased Burning Damage and Flammability only ?
Last edited by Check_Your_Pulse on Feb 9, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info