Searing Bond

this should have been support gem for totems... along with tar, sanctified ground, lightning and chaos dot link to totem supports. another totem isnt what ppl really need to help already existing working skills. supports for totem build are more logic course towards making build diversity. the only other skills needed are skills that can be put in totems.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
HexenLord wrote:

Just to put all of this into perspective:

Level 17 Searing Bond does: 270 Damage per second.

Searing Touch = 70% increased burning damage.
Burning Damage Nodes near Witch/Templar = 70% increased burning damage.
Level 17 Increased Burning Damage support gem = 54% increased burning damage.

Total bonus burning damage right before you start maps = 194% burning damage.
270 DPS x (100% + 194%) = 793 DPS. Once you hit ~Level 70 you might have 850 DPS.

These are really the only main sources of increased burning damage out there. A single fireball buffed with the same things and the bonus fire damage nodes would do more burning damage. You can add another totem, and do a massive 1600 DPS total when you're around level 60, but have no other sources of damage except for traps.

So 800 DPS. I'm not even sure I would call that high enough to use Searing Bond as a supplemental damage skill. It wouldn't be worth the trouble.

This. I can't see the utility of this totem.
IGN TylordRampage
I like the idea, but I cant for the life of me come up with a "good" way to use this, just too little and too difficult to get on target to justify the slot... even with burning damage increasing passives/gear...

The same thing that makes this more effective (AB passive and SM unique) make other builds far more effective...

Spell totem and ranged attack totem seem a FAR more valuable use of your totem... SB might be balanced around flame totem, but both still seem a waste of a totem spot to me... am I missing something?
with 3 totems and all 6 possible beams hitting a target, you'd still only be doing 6x800 dps = 4800 dps.
If you had triple curse and elemental equilibrium (Though i don't know how you could trigger it with 3 totems),
Flamma -49%
Ele weak -59%
Equilibrium -50%
vul 40% more
17.3k dps if you are able to hit 6 beams and triple curse and it's a white mob with 0 resists.
This skill sucks as a pure dps skill.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 13, 2013, 9:25:05 AM
This totem needs something more to differentiate it from Flame Totem. If its damage was upgraded, then you'd have two totems which do fire damage without that much of a difference. What I'd like to see is some support from the totem. The animation looks like the user should be getting some sort of buff/healing from the totem.

What if:

For every mob the totem hits, user gets life regen. 2% life regen for the first mob, 0.5% for any additional mob.
Yeah I'm assuming searing bond doesn't work with life leech or blind?

Still really want to use this with my flickerstrike build and have it be more than just a gimmick skill to make things look cool.
Not sure if this was mentioned in the 13 pages before this, but one suggestion to buff its low damage is to allow players to cast an additional totem with searing bond and without the need for Soul Mantle.
Searing bond's damage scales exponentially with number of totems, so having 1 extra totem (or 2!) might just make it usable as a main skill. We can restrict it such that the totems cast has to be just a searing bond totem and not anything else to prevent players using searing bond's extra totem to cast other spells.

I dream of the day when we can cast multiple totems to make a spider's web of searing bonds =)
How about we make searing bond totems of different players to connect to each other too..... hmm...
just change it to a toggle for totem users that causes totems to cast searing bond in addition to their standard effect but either a: cost alot of mana like arctic armor or b: cause it to steadily damage the totems causing the beams and it could become you know actually useful lol that or change it into a support for totems that causes them to do searing bond in addition to their standard effect in its current state though this ability is extremely lackluster
guys think about my idea of the searing bond gem becoming a support gem. i have a 50lv marauder i use flame totem which do much more dps than searing bond so i prefer to get out 2 flame totems instead of 1 flame and one searing bond. but if searing bond would be support gem i would surely use it. OR if it did do fire dmg instead of burning damage cause its dps its too low. But fire dmg can be buffed a lot more than buring.
So if were to use, say, arc spell totem as my second totem with elemental equilibrium, would this cause a permanent -50% enemy fire resistance?

This could make SB much more powerful, especially if some decent shock stacks can be built up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info