New Divination Cards in Path of Exile: Sentinel

Cool but...
... any Poe 2 news perhaps ????
good
The Apothecary is gonna drop only in the Alluring Abyss or Cortex or something dumb. Either that or it'll be like The Doctor and drop like once from 2,000,000 monsters in its home map.

"
crystalwitch wrote:
Oof.

So if you get good corruptions with From Bone To Ashes you'll need to spend 350 vaal orbs to get the six sockets.
Actually, I guess that isn't too bad. Initially I was thinking of the 1500 you'd need to link it.

Still, Ngamahu's Flame isn't really that popular a build is it? Would any of the implicits be worth the cost of crafting those sockets?

Hold on a minute!
Molten Burst isn't a socketed gem, so all of the 'socketed gems' implicits are useless for it. Right?

I use a two-implicit Ngamahu's Flame in my YOLO farming build in the current league, Assassin Feindlichkeit. I'll try to clarify some things you've asked about here.

If you get two decent implicits like the new card offers, they will support the ordinary socketed gems with respect to link groups. So far, nothing new. The Molten Burst, which is an attack that is triggered by Melee hits, does benefit from appropriate support gems in the weapon, linked or not. The wiki writes:
"
Molten Burst can be supported by applicable support gems socketed in Ngamahu's Flame; it is not necessary for the sockets to be linked.

However, it does not get the support from corruption implicits, so you can't e.g. implicit-Fortify with the Molten Burst (even though you could if you put it in the link as a plain old support gem), just as you suspected.

You can hence pimp the Molten Burst with any of the supports you socket into the weapon, but it will never get the implicit supports. To make use of those in any constructive fashion, you'll need to do the nasty six-socketing with 350 Jewellers' and Vaals each and then the nastier six-linking with another 1500 Fusings and Vaals each (or, God forbid, we actually get Scourge and its corruption currency as core in the upcoming patch, which I'm kinda suspecting and hoping for). This'll still not give the Molten Burst the implicit supports, but at least you can get an ordinary eight-link.

As for builds that use this weapon with implicits, this is where it all comes together in a wonderfully bizarre way. As any advanced player knows, double triggers are normally disabled. Using Ngamahu's Flame (or Limbsplit/The Cauteriser), however, you can use their triggered melee attacks to proc CoC. This means you can run a single-button, two-six-link setup that also profits from suitable implicits in this weapon: In my case I channel Cyclone for Bladefall CoC socketed in my body armour. The Cyclone melee hits then have a 20% chance to attack with the Molten Burst - and when they crit, they proc the eight-link CoC, which of course is then Blade Blast. Makes for a very satisfying, visually completely messy one-button build that mows through the trash mobs with ease with Bladefall but also decimates bosses swiftly with the procced Blade Blast.

Whether you use Ngamahu's or Limbsplit/Cauteriser for this is largely up to taste. I went with the former and full physical-to-fire conversion through the Fire Mastery, though I think going the latter and then poison instead of fire would result in much higher DPS through the myriad poison stacks. Still trying to find suitable two-implicits, too: Fortify/Onslaught would be amazing if only it supported the Molten Burst, and I don't wanna waste a DPS gem on the defensive-only Fortify in the explicit six-link. Inspiration would be great, but I get Eldritch Battery from a Devouring Diadem, so that only gets stacks once I run out of mana, which shouldn't happen. Nerdy decisions...
I'd rather have no Harvest and the hope it one day returns in glory than this trash.
mageblood 5 card? wtffffffffffff
Well, about time.
Most Magebloods were coming out of Gwennen / Ancient Orb gambles anyway.
I guess astragali won't be as profitable currency maker anymore if the item value drops significantly.

Lower value on this item makes me want to farm it though. I always preferred to run with HH because MB was just out of reach for me unless I got stupidly lucky (such as dropping a mirror out of Ritual)

I'd prefer mageblood set to be 4 or 6 cards tho, to allow harvest gambles with actual half-stack :)
Poooooooooog mageblood card =90+-ex oooooooh god

the div card art nears perfection, it's amazing to see how the art improved over time although i also like the old rough drawings.

mageblood div card? imho, mage blood was introduced to invalidate builds like headhunter already does.
didn't it serve this purpose cause there were still builds on poe.ninja not using it?

yeah, magebloods for everyone!!!1122
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Mike_84 wrote:
Some really useful cards this time; too bad, most of us will not find any of them, not even one per set.

that's intentional.

but if you find one you got something valueable you can sell.
and for those collecting cards, sometimes buying cards is much cheaper than buying the items directly
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Cool. Can't wait to get one of em and have to trade for more. Because that's good game design.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info