Community Reacts to Sentinel Teaser

"
muzein wrote:
"
HatreT wrote:
Why all those streamers are so focused on nerfing omniscience and ashes of the stars? By themselfs those items aren't giving that much. You still need the rest of the gear for the build to work, and getting that gear takes a LOT of time and a LOT of exalts. In other words investment. and that investment kinda fits in this all GGG philosophy that Chris was talking about several times, right?

No. Omni is a shell that you can plug virtually any skill into and it will all perform the same (excellent). It doesn't matter that you need 'the rest of the gear' - all that gear is doing is boosting omniscience. Every build is just an omniscience build featuring 'X skill' (where the skill doesn't really matter).

Not sure it's such a bad thing, having an item that makes many more skills viable? Obviously it would be better if they were viable by appropriate buffs to the skill, but that's unlikely, so maybe omni is the best diversity aid we can hope for.
"
Just my opinion, but if anyone from GGG is reading, I just wanted to confirm I preferred last leagues' approach to a new patch - daily teasers of unqiues and div cards in the week or so before the announcement.

I feel like this radio silence is a bit anti-hype. Just my view though others may not agree!

GGG's silence on 99.9% of user posts or when they want feedback from us is truly sad. you would think they would at least engage with players more than they do considering WE are why they are making money in the first place. it's player's money that pay their bills all the while we only get an announcement for sales(mostly) or what they are changing in the game that most of the time breaks stuff and we are left to try to salvage what's left to play till a fix comes out.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
"
muzein wrote:
"
HatreT wrote:
Why all those streamers are so focused on nerfing omniscience and ashes of the stars? By themselfs those items aren't giving that much. You still need the rest of the gear for the build to work, and getting that gear takes a LOT of time and a LOT of exalts. In other words investment. and that investment kinda fits in this all GGG philosophy that Chris was talking about several times, right?

No. Omni is a shell that you can plug virtually any skill into and it will all perform the same (excellent). It doesn't matter that you need 'the rest of the gear' - all that gear is doing is boosting omniscience. Every build is just an omniscience build featuring 'X skill' (where the skill doesn't really matter).

Not sure it's such a bad thing, having an item that makes many more skills viable? Obviously it would be better if they were viable by appropriate buffs to the skill, but that's unlikely, so maybe omni is the best diversity aid we can hope for.

The skills aren't more viable. Omniscience IS the build. Your rings, chest, boots, weapon, etc all stack attributes. You grab T1 flat accuracy on 2 pieces and you're done - every elemental skill is sufficiently scaled and your resistance defense is also taken care of.

It's like entering the same room 20 times but each time you enter, the walls are painted a different colour and then claiming you just visited 20 different rooms. It's the same room and there's nothing diverse about that.

Prior to 3.0, many skills all scaled off the same "double dipping" where damage modifiers would contribute to the initial hit and then again to an ailment from that hit. This pigeonholed builds into those which could benefit the most from this method of calculating damage... and GGG changed damage calculations of all ailments so that no longer happened. The reason why they would do that is the same reason why Omni shouldn't continue to exist as it does.

Now since they stated Omni isn't getting nerfed, I can only hope that means one of two things: Either omni will be removed like Hateforge, or it will be indirectly nerfed by introducing a cap of how much ele penetration a player can deal to a monster (which also nerfs non-omni builds but it wouldn't surprise me)
Ha e to disagree a bit there. Omni winter orb plays very different to omni LS, for example. One is a channelling spell, the other is a melee attack (kind of lol) with different ascendancies and gear required to min-max.

I do get where you are coming from, and like I said I'd prefer it of skills were made viable by buffs to the skills, not some strong unique that everyone has to have.
"
Fart_Smucker wrote:
Its bad enough content creators react to 3 still shots and the name but to feature them all as even more content?

Good, so it wasn't just me.
Second-class poe gamer
Lets gooo GGG. Im hyped because i pretty much skipped last league, love you guys!

btw i really need a new hat pls consider selling hats on the merch store :)

Why?
"
exsea wrote:
hey guys, i too find this post kind of lacklustre. yeah it could be lack of creativity or whatever.

but why so negative? why do you need to nitpick?

if you guys are just going to be negative all the time, dont get a surprised pikachu face when GGG decides to keep silent all the time and only go "all official".

from a company pov, if the community is just going to be all salty for "filler" like content. theyre just gonna stop giving fluff and just be quiet. its a waste of effort on their part.

It's just not a good move that's all, better stay silent than build hype with such a low effort. I mean it's not their style like at all. There are good ways to promote both the game and the streamers and GGG knows how to properly feed their player base bit by bit. That post wasn't the right way to do it imo. But again it's just some forum post, who cares lol, people overreacting these days quite a lot.
Last edited by Inscaped on May 2, 2022, 7:18:57 AM
Maybe its just that new mechanics are hard to explain in a small clip. Hopefully Baeclast will be good. That is the main thing that matters.
guys come on give us a small clue!! :)
sentinel to us or to enemies? this protects what? ummm???
I like .17 hope you will do better in .18. This league was good I like the way you are on after years. I didnt like leagues before now you are on the right track. JUST KEEP UP!! dont lose the wheel.
Last edited by tkots8080 on May 3, 2022, 10:56:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info