[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

"
et_crabs wrote:

My DPS doesn't seem to be that great.
I also die to mobs in higher tier maps.

First of all, you don't have Staff Mastery - "30% increased Defences while wielding a Staff". Get that at Serpent Stance. It will let you take more damage in maps without the loop breaking.

Your gloves don't have the cold exposure eldritch implicit - if you don't want to get that,your other options are to either swap your regular Cold Penetration for a lv. 4+ Awakened Cold Penetration, or to go for the Cold Mastery at Winter Spirit/Flash Freeze (costs 4 passives).

What is that weird U-turn you've done on the tree, taking Path of the Hunter and going towards Hired Killer? You don't even need the dex, thoroughly confused. I'd suggest investing those points elsewhere.

Also, both your magic flasks have the x% increased ele res during effect, but they don't stack; only the higher roll counts, so roll "reduce effect of Curses during effect" on the lower one - should help with survivability. Some sort of Shock mitigation (avoid/reduced effect) is also great for defense.

P.S. The build gets WAY better if you get a foil Olroth's. For legal reasons, this is a joke.
Last edited by nihilisticGoliath on Jan 19, 2024, 8:57:38 AM
"
"
et_crabs wrote:

My DPS doesn't seem to be that great.
I also die to mobs in higher tier maps.

First of all, you don't have Staff Mastery - "30% increased Defences while wielding a Staff". Get that at Serpent Stance. It will let you take more damage in maps without the loop breaking.

Your gloves don't have the cold exposure eldritch implicit - if you don't want to get that,your other options are to either swap your regular Cold Penetration for a lv. 4+ Awakened Cold Penetration, or to go for the Cold Mastery at Winter Spirit/Flash Freeze (costs 4 passives).

What is that weird U-turn you've done on the tree, taking Path of the Hunter and going towards Hired Killer? You don't even need the dex, thoroughly confused. I'd suggest investing those points elsewhere.

Also, both your magic flasks have the x% increased ele res during effect, but they don't stack; only the higher roll counts, so roll "reduce effect of Curses during effect" on the lower one - should help with survivability. Some sort of Shock mitigation (avoid/reduced effect) is also great for defense.

P.S. The build gets WAY better if you get a foil Olroth's. For legal reasons, this is a joke.

BIG OOOF. That was from my leveling...I completely missed it. Thank you for the fantastic advice! I appreciate you taking the time to help fine tune my character!
loop not working what i doing wrong?
hero : _______________CLICK_ME
The loop is not working when I have progenesis, any advice to make it work with the bottle?
Last edited by nikolaz16 on Jan 20, 2024, 9:34:45 AM
"
nikolaz16 wrote:
The loop is not working when I have progenesis, any advice to make it work with the bottle?

Most likely too much Chaos Resistance so forbidden rite does not do enough damage.
"
nikolaz16 wrote:

Had the same issue. Even though the calculator says it should work.

Just got more life and it works for me.

If you search in this thread. I think OP mentioned to get more life as well.
Can Ice spear not be above level 20?

When i put in Ice spear level 21, it stops looping.

I put in anything else, and it loops.
Things worth noting;
You can throw a bit of currency at a 21/20 CWDT and a 21/x skeletons and drop forbidden rite completely if you're running double rings - opens up a gem slot, letting you slot in frostbite without giving up anything. Budget-friendly middle-ground.

Getting 2-3 flask charge charms may let you slot a 4th flask on a budget (6-12 div for 3 charms at current prices) and getting CD charms will similarly allow you to lower your loop timer further (10% CD charms is a minimum of 2 div each as of writing this).

Charms with both rolls are pricey (one for sale at 190 div, low roll), but definitely worth considering for minmax - getting 3 high-roll flask/CD charms would let you drop Traitor completely (3 every 3 being better than 4 every 5), letting you slot a different jewel (for example, Hatred-focused Watchers Eye or potentially Flame/Flesh for Assassin/Deadeye/Inquisitor/Saboteur) and saving you the point to use somewhere else while also increasing your CPS significantly.

Dropping Traitor would also let you use that 5th flask slot, which could let you run a good chunk of res from your flasks and maybe even dropping the Bismuth flask to slot in either more damage or survivability.
Bottled Faith is a good balance of both IMO - Sun/Vinktar/Hate would be my choices for res, to open up more jewels.
Vinktar lets you shock if you get the dmg to spells roll.
Hate offers heightened physical survivability and should avoid interfering with the loop.
Sun is a great DPS spike for a lot of reasons.
Alternatively, Jade+Stib is a good option as they increase physical survivability without interfering with the loop as well.
Lastly, Atziri's Promise is a good option, both for survivability and a bit of added DPS.
"
et_crabs wrote:
Can Ice spear not be above level 20?

When i put in Ice spear level 21, it stops looping.

I put in anything else, and it loops.

Gems at 21 require a 21 CWDT, which have a higher cap on damage required. This means you'll have to increase the amount of damage your loop does to you or reduce the threshold through CWDT quality to account for the change.
Options are to either go down to a 20/20 Ice Spear, slotting in a 21/20 CWDT to maintain loop stability and timing (a 21/20 CWDT has the same threshold as a 20/0) or upping your skeleton loop to a 21/20 CWDT+21/x Skeletons+x/x Rite while slotting in a 21/20 CWDT for your 21/x Ice Spear

And what I just wrote looks like gibberish - either downgrade to a 20 ice spear so your CWDT can actually support it or start upgrading your CWDT gems to 20q 21 corrupts
Last edited by LethoTheStreamslayer on Jan 21, 2024, 5:26:10 PM
Feel like I followed the guide, but don't have enough flask gained/flask duration and I keep dying. How do I fix?

Linked POB:
https://pobb.in/mVPq764QLvEJ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info