[3.24] CWDT Ward Loop Scion, very easy guide [15 divines]

Hey iam trying to Build this right now. I managed to craft gloves with 518 Ward and 30% Chance to unnerve, I can't find any other like this ... is it good? How do I proceed ? I have the suffixes open.
"
sentsai wrote:
Feel like I followed the guide, but don't have enough flask gained/flask duration and I keep dying. How do I fix?

You've followed bits and pieces of the guide; from what I can see, I think you've mixed up parts of the starting build with the later-game one that paths over to Acrobatics.

0. Allocate Essence Extraction. You should also consider allocating Mind over Matter (as it is usually ~+35% survivability) as long as it doesn't make it take several weapon-swaps to start the loop.

1. You will want to complete your Uber Labyrinth; this lets you start pathing from the Witch start, saving 5-8 points. If you get the loop to work beforehand (see next step), the build is pretty chill to run lab with (traps ain't got shit on your recouperation - don't get slammed by Izaro, though).

2. Drop the Minion Life cluster jewel for another Flask Effect Duration one (this is just to get the build started; the Minion Life cluster needs to come back in again once your loop starts breaking because your minions start getting one-shot in higher-tier maps - you can make do without it until later).
This should let you use the build with 3 flasks (might also need to anoint Replenishing Remedies, idk), allowing you to level up in maps until you have enough passive points to transition to the right-side, endgame version of the build.

These three should be your current priorities, unless you instead opt to re-spec for more life, buy 5-ways until you're 95+, then spec back into the build.

P.S.
- You can also buy "Flasks gain charges every 3 seconds"-charms to brute-force the build into needing less passives invested into flask nodes (I bought 2 to cram in a Dying Sun for res and projectiles), but those are a few divine each.

- While we're speaking of buying stuff... Two of the three Awakened gems we want are quite cheap; Awakened Added Cold Damage is ~20c, Awakened Cold Penetration is ~20c... The third one we want, Awakened Greater Multiple Projectiles, is... NOT cheap... :)

- You have both Frostbite and Sniper's Mark equipped, but you haven't increased your curse limit; they'll be constantly overwriting each other, and only ever giving you the benefit of one; Sniper's Mark is the more generally useful one... Or anoint Whispers of Doom / acquire Scion Forbidden Flesh/Flame combo for Occultist.

- I just noticed that your Summon Skeletons gem-setup is in your boots - this can cause problems with the loop because of the game's order of operations; it triggers gems in the helmet first, which spends whatever mana those cost, which can leave you dry when the game arrives at the Skeleton-loop - but as we gain more and more mana recoup as the loop goes, as long as you trigger the Skeletons first, the loop will quickly start restoring enough mana to cast all of your socketed skills... So you should consider re-coloring your sockets, to move the Skeleton-loop to the helmet.

"
B4mboo1337 wrote:
I managed to craft gloves with 518 Ward and 30% Chance to unnerve [...] How do I proceed ? I have the suffixes open.

Prefixes cannot be changed -> harvest (or fossil? I don't know if those respect meta-mods, please look that up beforehand) craft for elemental res, or veiled chaos if there are any Syndicate suffix-mods that you want. Looked up which ones are available on gloves - some pretty good veiled suffixes available, but many unwanted, too.

The "only-upsides"-ones;

- increased crit & ele damage if you've crit recently

- increased crit & flat chaos damage if you've crit recently

- 31-35 to two stats

Then there are also "ele resist & chaos resist" hybrid ones, which might cause problems - as chaos res messes with how much damage you take from Forbidden Rite - but that's probably fixable elsewhere, if you do hit one of those.

The other ones mostly do nothing for the build.

Best of luck!
Last edited by nihilisticGoliath on Jan 29, 2024, 9:32:14 AM
My Ward Loop is not working, anyone can help, my name ingame is yDAvila.

https://pobb.in/u/LordSilasXD/C5GiStW5JyT6
Last edited by LordSilasXD on Jan 30, 2024, 12:38:43 PM
:)
Last edited by LordSilasXD on Jan 30, 2024, 12:39:31 PM
"
LordSilasXD wrote:

- You have the wrong Timeless Jewel; yours says Asenath, you want Balbala (and don't forget to allocate The Traitor notable inside its circle!).

- Your CWDT gem in the chest is too high level; it should be 18/20 for a 20/x Ice Spear, or 19/20 for a 21/x.

- You also need to get your Summon Skeletons gem to 21; link it to a 2/x Empower, corrupt the Skeletons gem to 21, or get a +1 spells/+1 cold amulet, or an Ashes of the Stars.

- NOT ENTIRELY SURE ABOUT THIS NEXT POINT, BUT I'VE MADE IT WORK FOR ME;
I think that because of changes with gems and cooldown in previous patches, in the rare ring setup, you still need to slot in four To Dust jewels that total 74% reduced Skeleton duration, as well as allocate the 10% Less Duration mastery. With those changes, you do not want Less Duration slotted in with the skeletons. Not sure why you've put Fresh Meat in there. I'd suggest you slot in your Curses with the skeletons instead of Fresh Meat and Less Duration.

- You have enough flask duration to use four flasks - which is very nice. Chuck another flask in. :) Bad news further down, though...

- Your chaos resistance is too high/life is too low.
If you (somehow) remove all of the chaos resistance on your gear, the abyss jewel, and don't use Progenesis, you only need to craft 50+ life on the ring you currently have attack damage on, then allocate Blood Drinker and the trailing 6% life node for the loop to work.
This would put you at 1959 life, with -60% chaos resistance - which means a 18/20 CWDT + 20/x Ice Spear would loop properly in the chest piece... And you'd need to somehow reach 2391+ life to use a 19/20 CWDT + 21/x Ice Spear.

What I'm saying is, you need to get some life jewels, or life rolls on your gear, or you won't be able to utilize Progenesis.

To get to the mega-setup with a 21/x Ice Spear AND Progenesis active AND using a rare ring, you need to land at 3066 life or more, without gaining chaos resist, and without losing ward - heck, even at that point, you would get hurt at the start of the loop, and to avoid THAT, you'd need all the previous things I listed, AND 1543+ ward.

Last edited by nihilisticGoliath on Jan 30, 2024, 3:38:20 PM
How do we deal with blood? I still die alot to blood it seems and alot to syndicate any solutions? :)
"
"
LordSilasXD wrote:

- You have the wrong Timeless Jewel; yours says Asenath, you want Balbala (and don't forget to allocate The Traitor notable inside its circle!).

- Your CWDT gem in the chest is too high level; it should be 18/20 for a 20/x Ice Spear, or 19/20 for a 21/x.

- You also need to get your Summon Skeletons gem to 21; link it to a 2/x Empower, corrupt the Skeletons gem to 21, or get a +1 spells/+1 cold amulet, or an Ashes of the Stars.

I think that because of changes with gems and cooldown in previous patches, in the rare ring setup, you still need to slot in four To Dust jewels that total 74% reduced Skeleton duration, as well as allocate the 10% Less Duration mastery. With those changes, you do not want Less Duration slotted in with the skeletons. Not sure why you've put Fresh Meat in there. I'd suggest you slot in your Curses with the skeletons instead of Fresh Meat and Less Duration.

- You have enough flask duration to use four flasks - which is very nice. Chuck another flask in. :) Bad news further down, though...

If you (somehow) remove all of the chaos resistance on your gear, the abyss jewel, and don't use Progenesis, you only need to craft 50+ life on the ring you currently have attack damage on, then allocate Blood Drinker and the trailing 6% life node for the loop to work.
This would put you at 1959 life, with -60% chaos resistance - which means a 18/20 CWDT + 20/x Ice Spear would loop properly in the chest piece... And you'd need to somehow reach 2391+ life to use a 19/20 CWDT + 21/x Ice Spear.

What I'm saying is, you need to get some life jewels, or life rolls on your gear, or you won't be able to utilize Progenesis.

To get to the mega-setup with a 21/x Ice Spear AND Progenesis active AND using a rare ring, you need to land at 3066 life or more, without gaining chaos resist, and without losing ward - heck, even at that point, you would get hurt at the start of the loop, and to avoid THAT, you'd need all the previous things I listed, AND 1543+ ward.

Well, I did everything as you indicated, and still, the loop doesn't work, my life is a little bigger as I said to put it, I left the chaos resist at -60, and still, it won't, I'll leave the new pobb, to see how was it.

https://pobb.in/u/LordSilasXD/6Ew8ivzJ-IE8
"
LordSilasXD wrote:
"
"
LordSilasXD wrote:

Well, I did everything as you indicated, and still, the loop doesn't work, my life is a little bigger as I said to put it, I left the chaos resist at -60, and still, it won't, I'll leave the new pobb, to see how was it.

https://pobb.in/u/LordSilasXD/6Ew8ivzJ-IE8

You have not allocated "The Traitor" look in the circle arround your Brutal Ristraint.
I put now, doesnt work yet
"
LordSilasXD wrote:
Well, I did everything as you indicated, and still, the loop doesn't work

Taking another look...

- I don't see the loop-start wands in your weapon swap - did you just put them away?
"
Akshay wrote:
Second slot weapon swap

Buy 2 Wands from Act 1 Nessa
And use Essence of insanity

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/exchange/Sanctum/ZKd7fQ
You can put cast when damage taken and portal in 2nd weapon

Other than that, the calculator says it should be working.

Good news, though;
If you allocate the 15% increased life mastery, and then get;
- an amulet like this,

- an abyss jewel like this (put in belt),

- and a 7% life jewel like this (replacing a damage/flask effect basic jewel)

Of course, fit in whatever other stats on them you want, but with that, you can fit in that fancy Progenesis you had as a fourth flask. :)

"
B4mboo1337 wrote:
How do we deal with blood? I still die alot to blood it seems and alot to syndicate any solutions? :)

I mean, you can just get a jewel like most builds do. I personally haven't been dying to any damage over time, except for the blue mana-burn rings, if those count. :P

Last edited by nihilisticGoliath on Feb 1, 2024, 12:54:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info