Visual bug (flashing glitch) in random moments.

"
uNbea7 wrote:
"
Jeantomic wrote:
Disabling multithreading solved it for me (12600K too)

yeah no more flickering with multi-threading turned off...
never had this problem just started this league - upgraded to i7 12700k.

seems to be an issues with newer CPUs?

Edit:

if you run any fps caps try turning them off.
havent had any glitches with multi-threading on and fps caps off for several maps now.

I have a super old CPU i7 3770k and having the same issue, don't think it's only on new cpu's
"
micheilsgrey wrote:
"
uNbea7 wrote:
"
Jeantomic wrote:
Disabling multithreading solved it for me (12600K too)

yeah no more flickering with multi-threading turned off...
never had this problem just started this league - upgraded to i7 12700k.

seems to be an issues with newer CPUs?

Edit:

if you run any fps caps try turning them off.
havent had any glitches with multi-threading on and fps caps off for several maps now.

I have a super old CPU i7 3770k and having the same issue, don't think it's only on new cpu's

Good to know that older ones are having issues too. I was afraid it was only the newer CPUS (I have a 12700).
Didn't see a fix for this in the patch tomorrow. Hopefully a staff member will see it.
Also having this issue on an Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHz cpu w/ 16gb ram and a geforce gtx 1070. I turned off multi-threading and it seemed to fix it but my framerate got really low at times so not the ideal solution. Hopefully GGG fixes this soon because it's kind of hurting my eyes when it flashes.
I am having the same issue, GTX 3070 and an i5-12600KF.

Also happened on my 6 year old computer at league start(I just bought this new one)
Wonder why more people are not posting about this bug?

Kind of strange that it is happening to old and new CPU/graphic cards, but not a lot of people are posting about it.
Experiencing something similar but not the same, only started after the most recent patch. For me, the screen is flashing pitch black -- particularly if I alt tab. Disabling multithreading has completely eliminated the problem but it also craters my FPS.

Playing on both Steam and base client and seeing the same behavior on both.

Ryzen 7 5800X / RTX 3090 here.
You will get acceptable performance by setting forward fps cap to 50, activatin particule reduction and target fps at 30. (in 90% of situations, it's ok for me on 1 core)
I mean, I usually get the 165 FPS I need to match my monitor's refresh rate. Turning off multithreading puts me below 50, which causes massive screen tearing for me so I'm not totally sure I'd call it acceptable performance lol.
Got the same issue that started to happend after the patch. I thought my GPU was dying at first.

What I've tried:
- Reinstall windows 11 - went back to windows 10 aswell.
- Reinstall latest drivers (with DDU)
- Go back to an older driver for the GPU
- Underclock / overclock inc voltage on GPU and CPU including stress tests.
- Checked latest bios including some bios tweaking.
- Different power plans and settings within windows.
- Every option possible within the game.

One thing that helped alittle was to change path of exile to *high priority /above normal* using processor lasso.. BUT thats not a FIX.

And im just saying alittle. It's still there under heavy load.

I think GGG should take a look what could of caused this to happend cause it's more then just ous in the thread having this issue.
And to add I've never ever had these kind of issues with playing POE before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info