Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

I dont know if someone talked about this before but you will understand that im not going to read 20 pages :D i have some problems with ICE SHOT

here is my spec :

q6600 OC 3.2 ghz , 4Gb ram GTX 460 1Gb OC

I know that is not a high end pc nowadays but it is still good i use to play full everything and my fps are quite good but with ice shot im getting drops of fps from 90 or 100 to 10 or 15 when the skill hits the pack of mobs and explode leaving ice on the ground is when the drop comes , this is even worst when im using chain or fork , is this going to be fixed ? i dont have any other problems with any other skills in the game , just ice shot .

keep up the good work guys !.
"
Zaerion wrote:
I dont know if someone talked about this before but you will understand that im not going to read 20 pages :D i have some problems with ICE SHOT

here is my spec :

q6600 OC 3.2 ghz , 4Gb ram GTX 460 1Gb OC

I know that is not a high end pc nowadays but it is still good i use to play full everything and my fps are quite good but with ice shot im getting drops of fps from 90 or 100 to 10 or 15 when the skill hits the pack of mobs and explode leaving ice on the ground is when the drop comes , this is even worst when im using chain or fork , is this going to be fixed ? i dont have any other problems with any other skills in the game , just ice shot .

keep up the good work guys !.

Just did a bit of a fix for this. Should speed it up by like... 50% or more hopefully. What I really need is some more tech... Im working with a plastic toolbox and super glue here : <

Thanks for the feedback
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Glad to hear that, the ice abilities that leave ice on the ground were the worst performance parts in the game. Hope you fixed artic breath too. I also had a dropped frame or 2 on Glacial Hammer.
Hey,
i like the realistic feel of the overall graphics and therefore i think that the amount of light effects of especially auras are way too much.
i just doesn't fit so well in the environment.
Maybe it would be better to have self reflecting objects moving aroud the character like some bone structure or a blood puddle for vitality instead of light source objects if you know what i mean.

Next point is stacking of spells via multiple projectiles, fork and so on. Stacking freeze pulse for example is way too bright and stacking poison arrow or fireball reduces performance a lot.
Maybe you should divide the particle amount of each effect by the amount of projectiles coming from one source. And if it doesn't look good you could maybe change freeze pulse to a longer more curved projectile when stacked and poison cloud to one elongated cloud and so on.

Cheers
Hey Russell. I'm really enjoying my Water Nova, good job!
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
randi wrote:
Hey,
i like the realistic feel of the overall graphics and therefore i think that the amount of light effects of especially auras are way too much.
i just doesn't fit so well in the environment.
Maybe it would be better to have self reflecting objects moving aroud the character like some bone structure or a blood puddle for vitality instead of light source objects if you know what i mean.
Cheers

Myself, I rather like the appearance of the auras -- I'm sure they could be improved, but the current designs convey powerful magic rather well in a way that I don't think solid physical-looking objects could. When you carefully design your build in order to be able to reserve a lot of mana and/or life to run several auras, it's nice to have this epic cloud of stacked effects making your character stand out.

One (simple?) thing which could be done is to just adjust the alpha channel according to the gem level, so that on level 1, the auras are quite subtle, and as you level them, they look more and more like their current appearance (or some could go beyond that even). This might hurt recognition somewhat at lower levels (I don't think it should apply to auras that monsters and totems have, particularly) but it would also produce a lot of variation in how combined auras look when levelled to varying extents.
Piety's multi-projectile ice skill totally destroys my laptop. I have no problems with all the skills in the game except for the ice ones. Ice shot still pauses when it hits on my machine too. Arctic Breath is hardly used at all because of this.

If you can't fix these please make an option to turn down the complexity of the effects.
I can confirm that I currently avoid Arctic Breath almost entirely for the reason that it lags too much, which is unfortunate because it's a pretty interesting skill. I at first thought it was a problem related to Wine (and to be honest, the performance is probably at least 50% worse still for that reason, my FPS under Wine is quite low given my computer's spec), but it turns out that a lot of Windows users seem to have similar issues.
I've also got some problems with the skill effects.
In act 3 I barely saw something other than effects.
On top of that i lagged to much.

Will there be an option to turn off skill effects of monsters and or party members?
like the visuals from spark and cleave now very well done but

poison arrow is too much you cant see anything under it in party dont like a spell making me blind under it as tank

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info