Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

I think Pools and Streams need more flowing water effects after the update, the waters texture being flat looks pretty weird when it's going downhill.

"
Russell wrote:
We are silent about how the micro transactions work because it pretty much hadn't been discussed :P Not because we are evilly scheming how to steal everyone's money War Z style.

With the weapon elemental effects : Yes I hope so. We just added the ability to add micro transaction effects to weapons so maybe this is somewhat related. A system however no doubt will need to be made for this. The only reason this hasn't been done is because our graphics/game feature programmer hasn't had the time. As you imagine bigger things have been on his list like : chat working for 30k people , Server stability and so on. Things much more important than light glows on weapons.

Also I don't know why that areas laggy. I suspect something on the programming optimization end needs to be looked at. I just do the effects so I cant really answer that question.

*edit*

Just adding that I do not make business decisions so no I do not know how the micro transactions will work. Though I believe it has been discussed recently.

Also, for elemental effects, I think you should make the basic lightning, fire and cold effects free and just be on any weapon with elemental damage, the highest roll will determine the effect maybe? But then you could sell colour variants. Red or green lightning would be amazing, or lime green or purple fire, etc.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jan 26, 2013, 5:57:18 AM
How about making weapon effect that work on the whole staff?? When the weapon effect is applied only on part of the item it just doesn't look right... sword or bow on the other hand have effect applied at whole item and looks awesome. Any chance to change weapon effects so they can be visible on the whole staff, please, please
I may be alone here (but I hope I'm not!), but I want to pay you money, buy some Poe Points, and turn my Whirling Blades purple and flamey. I'm not joking in the least bit. I want to do a Psycho Crusher, and don't lie to yourself, WB is Psycho Crusher and I love it. All it would take is a brief call for the burning effect without the damage associated, and a hue change on both the WB and newly-called burning effect making them purple. Bam, instant money. BAM.

Now I know what you're thinking, "although you're right LoJackATK, and quite handsome at that, it's too much of an expense to change only 1 skill. Nice work though." Well, how about this then, everything I stated above, but have it work similarly to how the shop weapon graphics work, just on a different (and more expensive! :D) scale, where the additional graphic and hue alterations are applied too all skills you use while you have the effect turned on (exactly the same as the cosmetic shop stuff). And if that's TOO broad, maybe constrict that which is effected to "skills classified as 'melee' get blah (purple sex flames), and skills classified as 'projectile' get bloop, etc...". My name is not Will, but for damn sure THERE IS A WAY!

Let me have another reason to give you my money.

Edit: I am far too excitable, and completely forgot about the current alt. skill effects. Now however, you have no reason for not doing this other than to make a grown man cry. For the price of just one skill graphic a month, you can help stop grown man tears. Together, we can put an end to this terrible epidemic. Together, we can make a difference.
Last edited by LoJackATK on Jan 29, 2013, 6:56:43 PM
"
LoJackATK wrote:
I may be alone here (but I hope I'm not!), but I want to pay you money, buy some Poe Points, and turn my Whirling Blades purple and flamey. I'm not joking in the least bit. I want to do a Psycho Crusher, and don't lie to yourself, WB is Psycho Crusher and I love it. All it would take is a brief call for the burning effect without the damage associated, and a hue change on both the WB and newly-called burning effect making them purple. Bam, instant money. BAM.

Now I know what you're thinking, "although you're right LoJackATK, and quite handsome at that, it's too much of an expense to change only 1 skill. Nice work though." Well, how about this then, everything I stated above, but have it work similarly to how the shop weapon graphics work, just on a different (and more expensive! :D) scale, where the additional graphic and hue alterations are applied too all skills you use while you have the effect turned on (exactly the same as the cosmetic shop stuff). And if that's TOO broad, maybe constrict that which is effected to "skills classified as 'melee' get blah (purple sex flames), and skills classified as 'projectile' get bloop, etc...". My name is not Will, but for damn sure THERE IS A WAY!

Edit: I am far too excitable, and completely forgot about the current alt. skill effects. Now however, you have no reason for not doing this other than to make a grown man cry. For the price of just one skill graphic a month, you can help stop grown man tears. Together, we can put an end to this terrible epidemic. Together, we can make a difference.

So you want a purple whirling blades that leaves purple fire behind?

I think that's what I got from that? : P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
"
LoJackATK wrote:

So you want a purple whirling blades that leaves purple fire behind?

I think that's what I got from that? : P

Yes Russell my friend, yes I do. OH MAN do I want that. Making an awesomely stylish etch a sketch painting of death. Mmmmm.
Any chance of remaking the Ground Slam visual effect into something with more... pizazz?

As it is now, it's not very visceral. You limp-wrist your weapon into the ground, and an underwhelming-looking translucent texture appears on the ground.

My only idea for a rework is perhaps some kind of refractive wave (like a shockwave) that blasts from the point of impact.
"
brgillespie wrote:
Any chance of remaking the Ground Slam visual effect into something with more... pizazz?

As it is now, it's not very visceral. You limp-wrist your weapon into the ground, and an underwhelming-looking translucent texture appears on the ground.

My only idea for a rework is perhaps some kind of refractive wave (like a shockwave) that blasts from the point of impact.

y im slept?
Make the remake a premium effect available in the transaction shop.
Thats the plan haha.

2 monsters are getting variations of it as well.
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Thats the plan haha.

2 monsters are getting variations of it as well.

Oh while you're here, in Act 3 some monsters apparently have a variation of whirling blades. Is that going to make its way into the shop?
When is the next big shop update happening, by the way? My credit card is itching.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info