Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Im getting my weather emitter soon so I should finally be able to add actually weather to the world! YAAAAAY.

flies are over dead corpses (just not the ones you killed) Doesn't really make sense for flies to insta appear over a body :P. It would be cool however coming across old corpses you killed and hearing and seeing fly's. Guessing that's what you were suggesting.

Im far to scared to answer that bug post. I dont even..

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
that sounds great !!
Last edited by DonCamillo on Nov 13, 2012, 8:43:24 PM
i would also really like a spell added like the firestorm but for lightning damage possible a lightning coming vertical from the air instead of all spells are casted coming out of your wand and if connected to multiple projectiles some kind of chain lightning like in ultima online years ago.
Last edited by DonCamillo on Nov 18, 2012, 2:27:51 AM
I don't like animation aura-skills ..example wrath. Would be cool effect around my weapon(s)!!
Might've been said already.

I really liked the Fetid Pool (has it had some upgrades recently?). Especially the green smoke/fog that were in some areas. The area where you zone in also looks great, where you're almost hidden in the smoke/light combination.

For great justice here's a wallpaper of the fetid pool:
Spoiler

Would be nice if some similar fog (water vapor/monster farts, whatever you want your imagination for it to be) would be in other areas such as the caves, the prison etc. The air in some places look quite unnaturally crisp if you think about it.

Could be something that kinda rolls by and fades away.

Also, how about some glowing mushroom doodads in the cave areas? Would be nice with some colored light. They could be destructible. When you touch them, the "hat" pops off in a puff of smoke and the light goes out.

Spoiler

Would be pretty cool to have some small "decorative" animals in the caves as well. How about torch bugs that flicker to life to give off some light and color when you get close and skitter away. Or long slimy earth worms that slither around.
Last edited by savbeardfeb2018 on Dec 6, 2012, 9:26:10 AM
"
Russell wrote:
Im getting my weather emitter soon so I should finally be able to add actually weather to the world! YAAAAAY.
(...)

Will weather change randomly or is it going to be area specific?
Area specific. I think Erik the lead artist is trying to portray that each area is later in the day from the next. So it feels like your going through the story or somthing.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
thats a good idea. i would like to reach a night area in the future acts but thats smth you dont have to care for now finish act 3 first XD
Last edited by DonCamillo on Dec 4, 2012, 4:41:02 PM
"
Russell wrote:
Area specific. I think Erik the lead artist is trying to portray that each area is later in the day from the next. So it feels like your going through the story or somthing.

As long as you don't make the TOR mistake where the areas feel absolutely static, more like a painting than a living world.

Some short suggestions would be: Make some weather effects random (i.e. it could be raining or not in the Coves area. Could be drizzle or really pouring, storm or not).
It's cool if you have different day/night stages across the zones, but having predefined weather for every zone would be boring - imo. I like the concept of capturing an atmosphere, but hold it too tight, and it becomes stale. Give it a bit of wiggle room :-D.

When I read your post about getting your weather emitter soon (can't wait to see it in action!), and the flies... I thought of something completely different, maybe even more of a gimmick than anything else: What if you added in a support gem "Pestilence" or "Outbreak" that would spawn a small swarm of flies on the target killed by the supported skill. Those flies would then hover there for a few seconds, damaging everyone close to them.
Like the poison cloud left by Poison Arrow.

And lastly the reason I visited the thread in the first place: Whoever made the animation for Ice Shot, that thing is brilliant! The sheet of ice on the ground, the cold fog over it, the frigid air erupting behind the hit... I love using that skill simply because it looks so awesome, really gets the feeling of a fist of ice smashing into the target across.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
i like the idea that it get darker when you pass through the story but on the other habd i would like to see random weather effects too like rain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info