UNDECEMBER, or 'Let's borrow ideas from every other ARPG and Hit BLEND'

"
Exile009 wrote:
So...update. It's very much pay-to-win - https://youtu.be/Nd5wdhU6K98

its very much pay to win....in korea
how does this affect NA, im curious?

are chinese poe servers the same as NA? is any other korean game released in NA the same?

video is pretty much pointless
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
So...update. It's very much pay-to-win - https://youtu.be/Nd5wdhU6K98

its very much pay to win....in korea
how does this affect NA, im curious?

are chinese poe servers the same as NA? is any other korean game released in NA the same?

video is pretty much pointless

It's not released globally. However, I'm not aware of any Korean p2w ARPG that's ever gone non-p2w elsewhere. The likelihood of it being non-p2w internationally is very low. If this game did it, it'd probably be the first to ever do so.
When people say a game is pay to win, what do you win?
I am playing it on the korean servers for three days now, and yes, its pretty much pay to win there (more or less like poe in china, at least some parts). They said they wont do p2w in western release though (dont ask me for a source, i could just google some articles about it myself).

It has enough heavy pay for convenience-stuff build in already though that would work in western market. It is honestly a bit brutal in enforcing that, but hey, POE is free to try these days after all as well, if you want to really play it you will need stashtabs, so... (and they already increased the "vanilla" inventory-size yesterday so its not as brutal as it has been after release, gives me hope they aint that predatory... will see)

If they dont mess up that western release and remove the p2w stuff, i will play the shit out of it for sure and even spend some money on it. And imo they will cause people to shift from poe, pretty sure about that actually.

It is a very entertaining game, and very well made. And they had a very close look at poe - besides many mechanics and content that is "stolen", borrowed or inspired by poe, i have the impression they screened the feedback and suggestions here for the top complaints and try to avoid these at all costs lol.

If they would release the same day as new poe-league starts, my current pick would be undecember. Will revisit that statement after the league/expansion-announcement, but i dont think they will try to compete with poe or lost ark to begin with, i expect the western release in late february or march.
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
i think the last korean game released in western world i played was Vindictus for a time.
even if undecember is insanely p2w it could be fun for a time as well. guess we'll see
I will wait.

I jumped into Lost Epoch and dont regret it still.

Then I jumped into New World and hated it. And I did 2 betas. I wanted New World to work.

I just dont care. I will wait for the crowd to tell me if it is good or not. Too much p2w is a no. I can afford to p2w but why? I hated cheating in monopoly. And sure it isnt cheating persay but it feels that way to me. I would rather go spend that cash on a trip to hunt elk on horseback in Colorado or something.

Anyway, it looks nice. Youtube has many videos on it.

But I am done paying fast for glory.
"
I will wait.

I jumped into Lost Epoch and dont regret it still.

Then I jumped into New World and hated it. And I did 2 betas. I wanted New World to work.

I just dont care. I will wait for the crowd to tell me if it is good or not. Too much p2w is a no. I can afford to p2w but why? I hated cheating in monopoly. And sure it isnt cheating persay but it feels that way to me. I would rather go spend that cash on a trip to hunt elk on horseback in Colorado or something.

Anyway, it looks nice. Youtube has many videos on it.

But I am done paying fast for glory.

You obviously didn't "cheat" enough in a Korean MMO if you didn't feel entitled to benefits. There is this strange dichotomy between "anti-pay2win" mentality vs "entitled to benefits" for those who spends ridiculous amounts of cash.

Gaming Companies don't care much about shrimps or guppies in p2w games. Whales and Dolphins are endangered species. Gaming Companies need to conserve and protect these amazing and fascinating creatures like Whales and Dolphins. Are you jealous the game isn't build for you?

Some games are build for whales and dolphins, some games are build for casual gamers, some games are build for hardcore n̶o̶l̶i̶f̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶s̶ gameaholic.
"
Chadwixx wrote:

This is a silly argument, but one that keeps being made, so fine. sirgog uses the term 'pay-to-cheat'. Happy now?
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

This is a silly argument, but one that keeps being made, so fine. sirgog uses the term 'pay-to-cheat'. Happy now?

Cheating imply dishonesty but we are being open, clear and honest about the unfairness and disadvantages in these games. These are social norms, not rules of the game. Anyone can "cheat". This is where developers would even encourage "cheating". "It's not pay to win, it's pay to progress faster" People are being 100% serious. Consequently People who can run fastest in a race win.

"
Are you jealous the game isn't build for you?

Not at all. Just not something I spend my time with.

Besides, I have PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info