[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into buying those harvests and seeing if I can find a lab runner for the boot enchant. I do have a barrage support that I swap in for boss fights. I didn't think about the belt, but yeah I can probably get a ton more resists there and then maybe respec bandits or make it easier to get a dex ring. Thanks again.
Likely easier to buy boots with the enchant. I saw some at 3ex online, 2ex online in the last 24 hours.

You have 21/20 anomalous siege ballista. If you like Wildwrap, corrupted version with +1 socketed gems are cheap. Even double corrupted with something good aren't expensive. 6-linking a corrupted chest isn't cheap though, cost me around 11 ex. That's one more totem, and multiple 1% more to supports.
Thanks Wallach, fantastic build and guide for this league. Accomplished all my goals for the league, headhunter + legion scarabs are pretty amazing.

Even with weak gear, I was able to do big bosses and Maven invitations. Once mid-way through leveling, it plays very smooth.

Edit: Didn't actually list goals accomplished. 117 map objectives, 12 favored map slots, all special maven invitations, 40/40. All solo, grouping only in hideouts to trade.
Last edited by Covenant on Apr 22, 2022, 5:19:36 PM
My gear and tree seem to match everyone else pretty close but my dps is significantly lower in PoB when I compare profiles. Am I missing something? https://pastebin.com/naXanHYy
"
Pimpernickel wrote:
My gear and tree seem to match everyone else pretty close but my dps is significantly lower in PoB when I compare profiles. Am I missing something? https://pastebin.com/naXanHYy

Your tree is pretty different from what OP has in his so it's kinda hard to compare them. I followed the guide and my damage is really high even with only 1800 DEX. I have my brutal restraint in the south area and went with the Threads of Hope setup where you have your brutal restraint. This adds bunches of DPS.

Your POB also has no Barrage support for Siege Ballista. Drop increased cit gem with Hypothermia. Then gem swap to barrage support for massive single target dps increase. If you do nothing else adding this gem swap into your setup will have a noticeable increase in your DPS.

Drop the totem mastery that summons extra ones for the crit increase one.
You will summon plenty of totems that this mastery isn't really needed imo.

Get a corrupted quiver that has point blank on it to free up a point on your tree for something else.
Ty.
So I'm thinking about next league; and I'm not great at theorycrafting.

I'm wondering whether there are alternatives to Hyrri's Demise (even the version with double corrupt: point blank/extra dmg as cold).

Could a crusader quiver with "fire an additional arrow", crit/crit multi, life, phys converted to cold (and possibly a nice corrupt mod) be more beneficial to the build?

All the mods listed above are obviously really good, but I'm basically wondering how good "fire an additional arrow" really is for this build? Especially when you have less than 1k8 dex.

Could such a quiver be better than Hyrri's Demise?
"
bouboubibila wrote:
So I'm thinking about next league; and I'm not great at theorycrafting.

I'm wondering whether there are alternatives to Hyrri's Demise (even the version with double corrupt: point blank/extra dmg as cold).

Could a crusader quiver with "fire an additional arrow", crit/crit multi, life, phys converted to cold (and possibly a nice corrupt mod) be more beneficial to the build?

All the mods listed above are obviously really good, but I'm basically wondering how good "fire an additional arrow" really is for this build? Especially when you have less than 1k8 dex.

Could such a quiver be better than Hyrri's Demise?

I'm not really well versed in theory crafting myself but I found the following quiver on trade and plugged it into my PoB in place of Hytrri's Demis.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/P8bOdjqhL

I went from 19M DPS to 14M. I simply copy/pasted the stats into a custom quiver and changed convert to fire to convert to cold. I also increased all the other lines to max rolls and still was losing DPS. Maybe someone else can try their hand to correct me but it doesn't look like the stat of firing an extra arrow would be better.

I also looked through poeple's builds on poe ninja and I couldn't find anyone using a rare quiver in place of Hyrri's.
Last edited by Zuuule on Apr 26, 2022, 6:03:54 PM
I will try this in 3.18 :) thanks
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
Now that I see people putting up 3.18 predictions and early build I'm going to take a moment to give my 2 cents on this build.

I'm a pretty casual player. I only have time to play about 30 mins a day and a handful of hours on the weekend. I do, from time to time, have the ability to put in really long play sessions.

I've been playin g since Heist league and have always liked the minion playstyle.

If you are a casual gamer like myself and like the minion/totem playstyle I would highly recommend this build.

This was the first league I was able to solo Uber Elder / Maven and Uber Atziri. I was able to shred all content in this game save for lvl 20 Simulacrum. Most of the gear is pretty inexpensive save for the synthesized %DEX implicit belt and ring.

I don't plan on doing any more min/maxing this league but here is the gear I ended up with...

I had exactly 1800 DEX but was easily clearing everything with 1600. My PoB has me doing just shy of 20M DPS.

The only downside to the build for me was I wasn't able to play around a lot with the new implicit system as we have a lot of uniques.

Again, if you are a casual gamer and like the totem playstyle, this build is for you! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info