[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Zuuule wrote:
"
bouboubibila wrote:
So I'm thinking about next league; and I'm not great at theorycrafting.

I'm wondering whether there are alternatives to Hyrri's Demise (even the version with double corrupt: point blank/extra dmg as cold).

Could a crusader quiver with "fire an additional arrow", crit/crit multi, life, phys converted to cold (and possibly a nice corrupt mod) be more beneficial to the build?

All the mods listed above are obviously really good, but I'm basically wondering how good "fire an additional arrow" really is for this build? Especially when you have less than 1k8 dex.

Could such a quiver be better than Hyrri's Demise?

I'm not really well versed in theory crafting myself but I found the following quiver on trade and plugged it into my PoB in place of Hytrri's Demis.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/P8bOdjqhL

I went from 19M DPS to 14M. I simply copy/pasted the stats into a custom quiver and changed convert to fire to convert to cold. I also increased all the other lines to max rolls and still was losing DPS. Maybe someone else can try their hand to correct me but it doesn't look like the stat of firing an extra arrow would be better.

I also looked through poeple's builds on poe ninja and I couldn't find anyone using a rare quiver in place of Hyrri's.

I just found out that the artillery quiver actually exists: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Artillery_Quiver

This is pretty good for the version of the build I've been playing (Inquisitor with Rite of Awakening Forbidden jewels). I'll definitely try to craft a good crusader-influenced quiver with this base next league, since totem placement speed was the biggest downside of this version of the build.

Can't wait :)
So with no changes I'm hoping too get some feedback on how this preformed with moderate investment (10-20ex) or so, especially how tanky it got. Anyone have some feedback? Is main defense being able two dodge while totems do damage? What does ehp look like at that point.

Thanks
"
dperls wrote:
So with no changes I'm hoping too get some feedback on how this preformed with moderate investment (10-20ex) or so, especially how tanky it got. Anyone have some feedback? Is main defense being able two dodge while totems do damage? What does ehp look like at that point.

Thanks
That should be enough to complete atlas and favorite map slots. None of the equipment slots are crazy expensive (maybe Hyrri's chest, but Wildwrap is an option with enough dex to spell suppression cap). You only really need 1 6L to start, and 6L bow tends to be quite reasonable.

Defense is sufficient to level to 95+, but has weaknesses and can't really be incredibly tanky. You will likely have -60% chaos resists. Al-hezmin will often one-shot you. (big poison/chaos attack) Elemental attacks can be dicey, but spells and physical attacks you are decently set.

4500+ life, 100% spell suppression, 10k+ armor, very high life and mana regen. Many totems taunting, freezing, and chilling. Totem placement speed is extremely fast as Hierophant, so you are (and should be) mobile. Also very high damage is a defensive layer. (not the greatest or most reliable defensive layer, but *a* defensive layer)
Is this now completely updated? Not sure from the intro text
"
Covenant wrote:
"
dperls wrote:

Thanks
That should be enough to complete atlas and favorite map slots. None of the equipment slots are crazy expensive (maybe Hyrri's chest, but Wildwrap is an option with enough dex to spell suppression cap). You only really need 1 6L to start, and 6L bow tends to be quite reasonable.

Defense is sufficient to level to 95+, but has weaknesses and can't really be incredibly tanky. You will likely have -60% chaos resists. Al-hezmin will often one-shot you. (big poison/chaos attack) Elemental attacks can be dicey, but spells and physical attacks you are decently set.

4500+ life, 100% spell suppression, 10k+ armor, very high life and mana regen. Many totems taunting, freezing, and chilling. Totem placement speed is extremely fast as Hierophant, so you are (and should be) mobile. Also very high damage is a defensive layer. (not the greatest or most reliable defensive layer, but *a* defensive layer)

One other feature of this build which many do overlook is that your totems act, so some degree, as a physical wall for ranged attacks, taps and anything that is not melee related. This only really applies to Siege Balista because of the sheer quantity of totems you have to make this effective.

E.g. the Searing Exarch boss fight with the magma ball stages - you can create a circle of totems around you and all the magma balls will be destroyed, meaning you can sit still.

E.g. When running away from an enemy or any you can place a totem behind you so that any ranged shot will be stopped by the totem allowing you to gain distance.
In terms of updates to this guide, the only elements which may require updating is if the new items introduced in 3.18 will impact this build.

Therefore you can reliably use the 3.17 version of this guide without any concern of it being outdated since there are no balance changes this league.

I would envisage, any changes with respect to new items would come about once the league is underway and people have had an opportunity to experiment with those items.
"
dperls wrote:

Thanks

The most expensive piece to this build this league was the DEX implicit synthisized ring. They can get up to 12 EX just for a base ring. If you also elect to go with the Hunter gloves they can be pretty expensive as well for a good pair. Everything else was very reasonable.
I didn't go with hunter gloves and still acheived 1800 DEX. I instead went for a pair of eldritch gloves with damage per 100 DEX and chance to intimidate that I was able to craft myself once I found a good glove base with the temple mod.

Also don't forget that your totems freeze and taunt so that adds a lot more survivability. Plus, once you get up around 1600, 1800 DEX you will be absolutely deleting bosses like Al-Hezmin. Just don't forget to swap to Barrage support gem from Hypothermia on bosses! :)
Last edited by Zuuule on May 9, 2022, 10:00:35 AM
The pastebin in the first post gives an error on importing (last version of the fork here), is this only me or?
"
kobmish wrote:
The pastebin in the first post gives an error on importing (last version of the fork here), is this only me or?

The pastebin he lists under "Skill Tree"? That one is working just fine for me
"
Zuuule wrote:

The pastebin he lists under "Skill Tree"? That one is working just fine for me

Yeah, that one, must have copied it wrong or something, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info