[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
markwngo wrote:
Wanted to get some help with my progress. Here is my POB. https://pastebin.com/PfUxbxZi This league and this build has gotten me back into this game after a long time away. Big shoutout for Wallach's guide to getting me back into this. Looking for help to bump my damage, I'm pretty much all tapped out for funds until I can sell some random items. Basically, about 1-4 EX is all I have, everything else has been put into this current setup. Any recommendations for gear? I've considered changing bandits back to Alira and fitting thread of hope back into this build. Can free up some of the points from the bow wheels for other places. Might try other brutal restraint divines to see if I can get 2 bigger dex bonuses although I'm at 1838 and do not see being able to get 2,000 without synthesized rings. This is the highest level I've ever pushed a character, I don't think I'll be getting higher than this so no more points. Any suggestions on where to take this build would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using barrage support in place of hypothermia for bossing? swapping to this adds a boatload of single target DPS.
"
redclaudious wrote:
"
markwngo wrote:
Wanted to get some help with my progress. Here is my POB. https://pastebin.com/PfUxbxZi This league and this build has gotten me back into this game after a long time away. Big shoutout for Wallach's guide to getting me back into this. Looking for help to bump my damage, I'm pretty much all tapped out for funds until I can sell some random items. Basically, about 1-4 EX is all I have, everything else has been put into this current setup. Any recommendations for gear? I've considered changing bandits back to Alira and fitting thread of hope back into this build. Can free up some of the points from the bow wheels for other places. Might try other brutal restraint divines to see if I can get 2 bigger dex bonuses although I'm at 1838 and do not see being able to get 2,000 without synthesized rings. This is the highest level I've ever pushed a character, I don't think I'll be getting higher than this so no more points. Any suggestions on where to take this build would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think you can consider using thread of hope at Range's jewel
If not, set Brutal there would give you more than at current Duelist spot
(I saw in your pob that it only have 1 node +20dex)

Also, you could use a Watcher Eye, your Crimson Jewel dont tribute much atm
even 1 Hatred mod still give you big damage
get one with Crit Strike Change (~8.5% inc damage) or Cold Pen (~8%)

Having issues with the POB where it doesn't show the dex correctly. It's a 5% node, but when I right click in POB it only gives me options to add flat amount. Not sure if that changes much in the math. I need to buy a few divines and mess with it more I think. Appreciate the input.
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
markwngo wrote:

Are you using barrage support in place of hypothermia for bossing? swapping to this adds a boatload of single target DPS.

Ok dumb question here. I had seen some mention of barrage earlier. I had always gotten confused as I was thinking it was self cast Barrage, but when you mention support, it makes me realize that there is a separate gem. Holy crap that may make a huge difference for me. Thanks!
"
markwngo wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
markwngo wrote:

Ok dumb question here. I had seen some mention of barrage earlier. I had always gotten confused as I was thinking it was self cast Barrage, but when you mention support, it makes me realize that there is a separate gem. Holy crap that may make a huge difference for me. Thanks!

Yea, don't get the two mixed up as they are two separate gems. The support will most certainly boost your DPS. I popped a 20/20 barrage support into your POB in place of hypothermia and your DPS jumped to around 15 million. I feel this is a small add that many people forget about with this build. I only have 1400 DEX and with that gem I absolutely delete elderslayers and most endgame bosses are pretty trivial. I can't even imagine the dPS i would have if I could afford to get up to 2000 DEX.
Last edited by Zuuule on Mar 18, 2022, 10:31:55 AM
"
Zuuule wrote:

Yea, don't get the two mixed up as they are two separate gems. The support will most certainly boost your DPS. I popped a 20/20 barrage support into your POB in place of hypothermia and your DPS jumped to around 15 million. I feel this is a small add that many people forget about with this build. I only have 1400 DEX and with that gem I absolutely delete elderslayers and most endgame bosses are pretty trivial. I can't even imagine the dPS i would have if I could afford to get up to 2000 DEX.

One more thing. I'm still fairly new to using POB. I'm getting different numbers in my POB. Are there certain calculation settings I need to be checking to get my boss DPS figured out?
Thanks to those who gave me advice a bit earlier in the thread, got some more upgrades, now it's just a matter of picking expensive upgrades wisely.
"
markwngo wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:

One more thing. I'm still fairly new to using POB. I'm getting different numbers in my POB. Are there certain calculation settings I need to be checking to get my boss DPS figured out?

Go to your skills section and remove hypothermia support from siege ballista and add Barrage SUPPORT gem and make the gem 20/20. I like to turn on "Include in full DPS" and set my number of ballista to however many you can summon. This will display the total DPS all your ballistas can pump out below your resistances in the left-hand column. Your config is set to "Sirus" so the DPS you are seeing is what you are doing against endgame bosses. Also, at 1800 DEX you have a total of 16 ballistas. The counter in the config is reading 20 which I don't think is correct. Unless your DEX is actually higher than what the POB is showing. Also I think frost bomb is already configuring the exposure so I'm not sure it would be accurate to be setting enemy cold resist to -20. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Friends who have knowledge about the build, please reply, or @WALLACH
some players got 25% physc>cold convert from glove, some got 40% from coldmastery, some of them got both hatred watcher eye, glove and cold mastery. The skill itself does not have any physical damage.
I can't see that we have taken physical damage from anywhere other than bow, if there is something that I can't see, please warn.
(I think there is no need for physc>cold convert other than that.)
If the purpose here is to convert the physical damage on the weapon to cold, how many percent should we have.
Last edited by fenriz_84 on Mar 21, 2022, 5:55:47 AM
"
fenriz_84 wrote:
Friends who have knowledge about the build, please reply, or @WALLACH
some players got 25% physc>cold convert from glove, some got 40% from coldmastery, some of them got both hatred watcher eye, glove and cold mastery. The skill itself does not have any physical damage.
I can't see that we have taken physical damage from anywhere other than bow, if there is something that I can't see, please warn.
(I think there is no need for physc>cold convert other than that.)
If the purpose here is to convert the physical damage on the weapon to cold, how many percent should we have.

We don't have any additional added phys unless you happen to get some on your rings or glove slot. I'm not sure if we need more conversion than the 65% we get from the tree and Hatred. I suppose if you don't need the bench craft on your gloves for life or anything else the phys to cold craft would be a good one to go for. This would put us at 90%.
I have added cold damage watchers eye and I would lose DPS if I switch it to a 35 phys to cold one.
I hope that answered your question.
So, finally reached the 2k Dex barrier. The damage on the build is comfortable, managed to do Feared and a Flawless Chyula (however you spell it) breachstone so certain some of the top content was done.

I would like to know where it could be possible to make the build tankier without going below the 2k Dex barrier. If anyone has any ideas these would be much appreciated.

Got extremely lucky with the glove craft, full thing only cost me 4ex with 1ex for the base, 2ex for meta craft. Last ex was, funny enough, needing to div and craft phys to cold.

Belt is WIP but will have to do for a while.

It would be nice to increase the mana regen so it does not bottom out due to the insane cast speed we get.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info