💖[3.23]💖 Kayn's Icicle Mine Assassin Guide

Spoiler
"
AtTheDriveIn wrote:
So, im playing this build from the begining of that league, and here some of my thouths about it. English is not my native language, but i know it a little bit, so i never use translator or something else, keep it in mind.

This build is the best build i ever played, it hepled me to finish all endgame bosses i never did (Elder, Shaper, Uber-Elder and etc.)

Mapping with this build is very smooth and fast enough, its not very zoomy character, but it fast.

So. the main things about it that you shoud know:

1) Damage. Damage is your everything. If you can can kill shit before it hit and kill you- youre fine. If not- youre probably dead or close to be dead. Same thing on bosses- if you can just dps boss to skip all his mechanics and kill it fast- its ok. If not- youre fucked

2) Defenses. That build have not some broken or OP shit (like block+ ES regen, or getting Adrenaline and shit like that), you have just small life pool without regen, some ES, resistance and Phys. reduction. But its nothing when you will face T16 full delirium map, when some random offscreen shit hit you by 10.000 damage and you just die and dont understand - what is just happened:D And i dont see tha way that build can become tanky enough for that type of content (30 wawe, or 100% delirium jucied map, or just Ice Spears from Elder) , it will destroy you, it you cant kill it before.

3) Playstyle. That build dont like brailess greedy rusching playstyle- you should prestaking your mines on the screen corner, or before boss coming, and kill/freeze everything before it kill you.

So, i feel this build like 7.5/10 , it fully destroy all red and unique maps with eyes closed, but it feels like a glass cannon- there is no point in boosting youre defenses, cause youre main defence- is you damage and freeze

I looked up your gem set up and i can only say that you're not really investing anything in defense.
streej

I dont know how to reply to you so

I dont see the reason to invest in defences of that build, cause when i have a lot of damage- i can kill almost all content. For content like 100% delirium map with crazy mods- you need something more than just Res and Phys reduction, and Mines build cant give it to you.
Last edited by AtTheDriveIn on Mar 3, 2022, 3:44:40 AM
Hello kayn

Hope all is well for you both in game and irl

Im here to ask if you gone update for 3.18 ?

Thanks in advance

Respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Hello kayn

Hope all is well for you both in game and irl

Im here to ask if you gone update for 3.18 ?

Thanks in advance

Respect

Hey,
thanks for the kind words, im doing just fine.

And yes i will be updating the guide for as long as the skill is viable.
I will need patchnotes before doing anything thou.
Anychange in mind Kayn ?

because they nerf nothing and buff nothing lol

or just banana through Atlas as usual?
"
Mavias wrote:
Anychange in mind Kayn ?

Short answer:
The build is solid.

Long answer:
Maybe the new jewel to grab more RMR from Supreme Ego and grabbing Charisma and the small node. Other then that probobly no changes, Depends on the new ''unobtainable mods''. That might change boots or gloves, the helm is 100% locked with +1 power charge, same with rings unless something for mid game comes out that beats synth % per charge rings (doubt). HH will be omega expensive this league (my opinion) therefore builds that DONT use HH might pop. And since this works perectly fine with a rare belt it does make sence to roll for the full dps setup and insted make monster deal less dmg and have more hp, having 50 mil dps will most likely be able to clear all maps at that point without ANY problems whatsoever. Same with bosses, a little playing around mechanics and you should be able to do uber syrus cuz of the regen we have, Uber uber elder cuz of the aoe we will hit the bosses any place on the arena making that fight super easy to just focus on the doding and throwing a few mines here and there while doding. Uber Cortex is a joke. Even if you fight all bosses at the same time with x4 hp we would probobly not even have to do a single mechanic. Uber Shaper is just cornercaming with 3 screens aoe and a dodgeball game. So with the new jewel and the ''awakened enlighten support'' we might even get ANOTHER aura :). (at that point i think nebulas might even be worth it) Il check that out soon ;) But keep in mind thats like end end end game. Other then that nothing new, maybe some uniques ? We will see.

Icice mines go Pew Pew.
"
KaynGuy wrote:
"
Mavias wrote:
Anychange in mind Kayn ?

Short answer:
The build is solid.

Long answer:
Maybe the new jewel to grab more RMR from Supreme Ego and grabbing Charisma and the small node. Other then that probobly no changes, Depends on the new ''unobtainable mods''. That might change boots or gloves, the helm is 100% locked with +1 power charge, same with rings unless something for mid game comes out that beats synth % per charge rings (doubt). HH will be omega expensive this league (my opinion) therefore builds that DONT use HH might pop. And since this works perectly fine with a rare belt it does make sence to roll for the full dps setup and insted make monster deal less dmg and have more hp, having 50 mil dps will most likely be able to clear all maps at that point without ANY problems whatsoever. Same with bosses, a little playing around mechanics and you should be able to do uber syrus cuz of the regen we have, Uber uber elder cuz of the aoe we will hit the bosses any place on the arena making that fight super easy to just focus on the doding and throwing a few mines here and there while doding. Uber Cortex is a joke. Even if you fight all bosses at the same time with x4 hp we would probobly not even have to do a single mechanic. Uber Shaper is just cornercaming with 3 screens aoe and a dodgeball game. So with the new jewel and the ''awakened enlighten support'' we might even get ANOTHER aura :). (at that point i think nebulas might even be worth it) Il check that out soon ;) But keep in mind thats like end end end game. Other then that nothing new, maybe some uniques ? We will see.

Icice mines go Pew Pew.

Typing this made me relise how big of a nerd i am wtf
Last edited by KaynGuy on May 7, 2022, 8:51:38 AM
"

We all appreciate that, mate!

Also, did u have in mind any leveling builds before swapping to icicle? Im thinking about phys non-dot trapper, good rush to red maps, but thinking about 100 regret orbs on day 3-4 make me feeling menthal pain :(
"
KaynGuy wrote:

We all do appreciate it! And there's nothing wrong with being a nerd about what you love :)

"
Born_to_Fight wrote:

Also, did u have in mind any leveling builds before swapping to icicle? Im thinking about phys non-dot trapper, good rush to red maps, but thinking about 100 regret orbs on day 3-4 make me feeling menthal pain :(

Honestly, I'm right there with you. For me, I'm probably going to start seismic/exsang to farm the currency to then transition to icicle assasin. But either way, you're probably be going to spend a bunch of regrets for when you transition to cluster jewels. The clusters, badge, 6L farruls, alt quality gems, batteries are just going to cost a bunch at the start as they normally do. Seismic is so great when it comes to its budget/performance ratio that I think it's the way to go before fully committing. But, you should definitely commit cause this build was awesome and over performed all/most content.
"
fieldonfire wrote:
"
KaynGuy wrote:

We all do appreciate it! And there's nothing wrong with being a nerd about what you love :)

"
Born_to_Fight wrote:

Honestly, I'm right there with you. For me, I'm probably going to start seismic/exsang to farm the currency to then transition to icicle assasin. But either way, you're probably be going to spend a bunch of regrets for when you transition to cluster jewels. The clusters, badge, 6L farruls, alt quality gems, batteries are just going to cost a bunch at the start as they normally do. Seismic is so great when it comes to its budget/performance ratio that I think it's the way to go before fully committing. But, you should definitely commit cause this build was awesome and over performed all/most content.

I would agree with you guys, leveling as a trapper or even icicle mines might work just fine. That really depends on how fast you can manage to finish acts, icicle mines is really weak on hp early game, and since we have no other option then to invest in damage early you would be forced to play around a lot of mechanics. I preffer that myself, but you might hit a wall if you dont really know what to buy or upgrade and when. Trapper or Brands is the safe option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info