3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
brunowa wrote:
"
PyredQc wrote:
"
VernoInferno wrote:
No ghost shrouds?

You talking about Ghost Dance ? To my knowledge, it's not recommended with the QOTF

Depends how defensive you wanna be.

If you want to go even more defensive (for eg, you're trying to level to 100 or playing Hardcore), then Ghost Dance would be preferable.

If you're playing Softcore and want more DPS and Speed (don't get me wrong, defence is still insane and you still tank most of the game), then going QOTF and pathing to the left is preferred.

I am already QOTF, i'm wrecking content... But i cannot do Sirius 0... i dont get it.. He always move out of the chaos... he takes so long to kill that eventually he kill me and i run out of portal... I'm 95 atm and he is the only content that kill me.. But man he kill me like i was level 13

Can you check my character ? tell me if i'm doing something wrong...
Last edited by PyredQc on Nov 24, 2021, 10:33:20 PM
"
PyredQc wrote:

I am already QOTF, i'm wrecking content... But i cannot do Sirius 0... i dont get it.. He always move out of the chaos... he takes so long to kill that eventually he kill me and i run out of portal... I'm 95 atm and he is the only content that kill me.. But man he kill me like i was level 13

Not sure.. your gear looks good enough.

Make sure you keep spamming your Ballistas, this is key. You might notice they potentially die quicker with everything going on so you need to make sure you keep them up. Wither is absolutely huge on this build.

And then it's about simply knowing the fight. Are you well-versed in the fight? It's about knowing when to stand still and just tank spam him for max DPS, and when to dodge away so you don't die.

This isn't a build where we kill him before he moves in the final phase, so we actually have to dance with him for a bit.
"
PyredQc wrote:

There's nothing wrong with your gear or your tree, so I'm going with mistakes during the fight. He does take a while, however, there are some things you can do to make it easier.

I'd pull the Blood of the Karui flask for the fight, and replace it with an actual instant flask. Respec your pantheon to Ryslatha for the health flask charges. If you have withering step on left mouse click, re-assign it to somewhere else so you always have flame dash available - you'll need flame dash to avoid getting tagged by the debuffs crossing the beams in the quad spinner.

After that, you need to know what you need to manually avoid, and what you can tank, and when he is going to stand still so you can DPS him.

I'm pretty sure we can't tank the meteor, for instance, however, there's lots of time, so I throw down 2-3 shots at his feet, then run out of the drop zone.

We *can* tank the laneway back and forth shots, and he'll stay in one place for quite a while there, so run up close, drop totems behind him for wither, then DPS him hard when he does this. This was easily my best chance to do damage.

When he starts the sequence to spawn the quad spinner, one of the clones will flash - that's the real one. DPS that one until you need to dodge the beams.

On the big circle of clones, I just drop pods all around the circle because I can never pick him out of the crowd. And don't fail to dodge the DIE beam that's coming when he starts that.

With a refilling life flask and enduring cry for extra healing, I fought A8 for a long time, but he couldn't hurt me in the long term, I always was able to heal back to full instantly. And I couldn't spam him with pods like you can, my mana flask was dry after the first minute! :)

Anomalous withering step helps push more stacks faster... and as brunowa pointed out, wither is a huge portion of our damage. On my char, it's literally more than half the DPS output.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Kinda lost on how/what to upgrade now. I've killed Sirus A8, Maven(first time!), Elder with relative ease.

Haven't tried Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, The Feared yet.

Just attempted Simulacrum and got rocked at wave 22 so I'm looking for some help.

And I use these just for zooming through maps

Some easy upgrades that I'm aware of..
-Enlighten 4
-Empower 4
-Vermillion Curse Magic Ring
-Finish leveling awakened gems
-Quality Flasks

Here's my pob: https://pastebin.com/CiWbvGNM
Looks like i'm at 7.6mil Sirus A8 dps. Was pretty bummed to only make it to Simulacrum 22.. definitely felt like my damage (and tankiness) was lacking there.

Other than bosses, seems like the biggest weaknesses are being ignited or bleed (working on corrupting blood jewel)

I wonder if there are any changes I should be making to my tree?
I appreciate any help!
Last edited by slvrdrgnz on Nov 24, 2021, 11:35:43 PM
"
slvrdrgnz wrote:
Kinda lost on how/what to upgrade now. I've killed Sirus A8, Maven(first time!), Elder with relative ease.

Just attempted Simulacrum and got rocked at wave 22 so I'm looking for some help.

-Enlighten 4
-Empower 4
-Quality Flasks

Looks like i'm at 7.6mil Sirus A8 dps. Was pretty bummed to only make it to Simulacrum 22.. definitely felt like my damage (and tankiness) was lacking there.

Other than bosses, seems like the biggest weaknesses are being ignited or bleed (working on corrupting blood jewel)

I appreciate any help!

Gear looks pretty epic.

One thing I noticed was no frenzy except for on Maloney's. Frenzies provide huge DPS boost so if doing things like Simul's you'd want to have frenzies by either using Maloney's or craft it on chest.

Vitality with life gain on hit is very very good for Simul's too... so that is another option. With so many enemies in Simul's it packs a lot of life gain which helps dramatically for survivability.
Last edited by brunowa on Nov 24, 2021, 11:46:47 PM
Brunowa, please come online ! ;) I did something I have to tell you about ;)

https://youtu.be/e9oFGKAVCoM
"
Macromaster wrote:

Is that you? If so, congrats! Love how her comment is, "It's not nothing, at least." Hell, that's about as far from nothing as you can get!

I've been having RNG straight from the lowest level of hell today. Been crafting an amulet. 33% chance to hit +1 to all chaos gems, 2ex per attempt. I'm 10ex in so far, it's hit chaos damage leeched as life FIVE TIMES now. :(

Damn thing is cursed. Can't be me, right?

The last time it rolled full prefixes, too, so I had to YOLO annul it. Got "lucky" and it pulled off a prefix, so now I just have to grind out some more ex to try again.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Nov 25, 2021, 1:03:58 AM
Thanks!

Yes, thats me. Just wanted to gamble a few dices before work, and got it. Shellshocked.

"
Macromaster wrote:

WTF!
"
slvrdrgnz wrote:

-Enlighten 4
-Empower 4
-Quality Flasks

I appreciate any help!

I would definitely swap for Divergent mirage archer instead of faster attacks in your main bow setup, it gives more damage and helps with leftover packs and also hard situations in simulacrum. Otherwise that is about "small upgrades" your bow is perfect i think. Empower 4 would help with your damage mainly, otherwise its about changing every piece of gear with little bit better version - this build has almost endless potential. I am currently deeply delving (450 depth, killed Aul five times), doing simulacrums and all content in game with smoothness almost never seen before - damage is actually ridicilous right now. You can check my gear, but mainly, change almost every piece of your gear (except of bow) with BiS items, every single upgrade is in the end big upgrade (i dont even have some crazy watchers eye with vitality LGoH or something like that). What i really like for bossing (and simulacrums aswell) is Replenishing remedies passive node for life and mana flask refill, this stuff saved me so many times.

If you want, you can check out my gear etc:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jondaan/characters
character is SnunkuvPrd, as i am currently in the job, i cant share PoB link

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info