3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
VigorDracul wrote:

Can you post a PoB of this? There are a few things I dont understand about your version.

https://pastebin.com/9Vamt2uW

the configuration tab is just set to Sirus, cause i`m a pob-noob :D
"
valv00 wrote:
Nice build , but i have a question about the maloney.
Is the maloney trigger the three gems (frenzy, vaal haste, vaal blight) or only the frenzy ? Sorry for bad english

Personnally I have setup Frenzy / Culling Strike / Greater Multiple Projectiles
And Maloney triggers frenzy every seconde.

I don't think it triggers the Vaal skill on the gem (I don't think any mechanics does , but I can be mistaken)
"
serares wrote:

https://pastebin.com/9Vamt2uW

the configuration tab is just set to Sirus, cause i`m a pob-noob :D

Thank you. I am not sure if the PoB came out right on my end and I surely dont want to sound offensive ever but may I ask you a few questions. (I always try to learn from other poeple).

From what my PoB says you have a mana cost of 43 per cast, is this true? If yes, how do you sustain this?

As your spell supression is not maxed and your evasion is rather low for this build, does it work in T16(+) maps? Are you dying on a regular basis?

What is your goal with this setup? Mapping, bossing, all-rounder?
"
VigorDracul wrote:

Thank you. I am not sure if the PoB came out right on my end and I surely dont want to sound offensive ever but may I ask you a few questions. (I always try to learn from other poeple).

From what my PoB says you have a mana cost of 43 per cast, is this true? If yes, how do you sustain this?

As your spell supression is not maxed and your evasion is rather low for this build, does it work in T16(+) maps? Are you dying on a regular basis?

The Helmet gives Eldritch Battery, so you spend ES instead of Mana.
Another advantage is the full usage of Mana for Reservation:
Grace, Determination, Malevolance, Aspect of Spider and a Def. Banner - 12 Mana left - seems perfect.
And 700 ES are really enough to spam TR (Manacost: 62), i barely run out of ES.

Spellsupression is showed in Poe 99% in Pob 89% - idk why there is a difference. I`m just testing the tree on the right shadow side. The way over "Resourcefullness" up to "Growth an Decay" feels a bit safer, but is a bit weaker, maybe the higher Life recovery and the last remaining percent supression?
Btw. Temp. Chains is another layer of defence. It also compensates the lack of movement speed, when everything around you is slowed down.

My goal is not to die in heist, delve lvl 200-300 and 16er maps, preferable alch `n go. My last death was caused by Kosis in a juicy map. I didn`t realised him and got oneshoted.
All in all 2 deaths with this version of the build since lvl 95.
I am really bad at bossing. If i cant facetank most of the time, i die. So Sirus, Maven and all the other horror creaturs are not on my to-do-list.

For me this build is a strong all-rounder and definitivly fun to play.

"
serares wrote:
"
VigorDracul wrote:

The Helmet gives Eldritch Battery, so you spend ES instead of Mana.
Another advantage is the full usage of Mana for Reservation:
Grace, Determination, Malevolance, Aspect of Spider and a Def. Banner - 12 Mana left - seems perfect.
And 700 ES are really enough to spam TR (Manacost: 62), i barely run out of ES.

Spellsupression is showed in Poe 99% in Pob 89% - idk why there is a difference. I`m just testing the tree on the right shadow side. The way over "Resourcefullness" up to "Growth an Decay" feels a bit safer, but is a bit weaker, maybe the higher Life recovery and the last remaining percent supression?
Btw. Temp. Chains is another layer of defence. It also compensates the lack of movement speed, when everything around you is slowed down.

My goal is not to die in heist, delve lvl 200-300 and 16er maps, preferable alch `n go. My last death was caused by Kosis in a juicy map. I didn`t realised him and got oneshoted.
All in all 2 deaths with this version of the build since lvl 95.
I am really bad at bossing. If i cant facetank most of the time, i die. So Sirus, Maven and all the other horror creaturs are not on my to-do-list.

For me this build is a strong all-rounder and definitivly fun to play.

Thanks for your detailed answer.

If you use ES for casting why not use Queen of the forest and Ghost dance? More Evasion, instant recovery of ES.

Do you have space for that 2nd curse in your gear?

I am not sure about your choice of unnatural instinct. Didnt have the time to calculate it through. It sounds interesting but lots of nodes dont really matter (crti chance, accuracy etc.)

Usually we get hinder from "touch of cruelty" does your choice have any benefit?

P.s I dont really play a standard version either.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Nov 23, 2021, 12:40:48 PM
"
serares wrote:

Spellsupression is showed in Poe 99% in Pob 89% - idk why there is a difference.

As stated already before: it's cos of the passive Revenge of the Hunted in tree. Adding +10% on full life.
So, you really want +100% in PoB.

And about QoTF: IMO, it's way better than this ES layer with Ghost Dance. Just because movement is giving you so much QoL AND real defence. And this unique chest also give a good amount of resists and life. It's awesome for it's price. Movement is life. And you save a point from GD. :)

Not the best, but my: https://pastebin.com/4aWM9C3H
Take a look at flasks (hehe) -- so many possibilities!

Corrupted blood and bleed immune. No need in mana flask -- TR is 6 mana, 17 mana left and it's ok with regen.
Last edited by Jovianyn on Nov 23, 2021, 1:34:30 PM
"
VigorDracul wrote:

Thanks for your detailed answer.

If you use ES for casting why not use Queen of the forest and Ghost dance? More Evasion, instant recovery of ES.

Do you have space for that 2nd curse in your gear?

I am not sure about your choice of unnatural instinct. Didnt have the time to calculate it through. It sounds interesting but lots of nodes dont really matter (crti chance, accuracy etc.)

Usually we get hinder from "touch of cruelty" does your choice have any benefit?

P.s I dont really play a standard version either.

yea, you`re absolutly right. There are no really benefits from Unnatural Instinct. It just dropped yesterday and i will remove it later on, when i skill the route to "growth and decay" again. At this time Ghost Dance will be out of my path.
I`ve got way more evasion and movement speed with QotF, but will loose ES,a lot of Phys Reduction, the Explosions and the second anointment - all are nice QoL/Layer of Defences.
Because not all mobs explode, there are enough corpses left for "feast of flesh".
With corrupted Gloves and a ring, two rings, or even a hextouch support in Maloney`s you can easily fit in 2 curse in this build. Imo Despair + Temp.Chains synergize very well.

"touch of cruelty" with hinder sounds great. i should take a deeper look to the cluster jewels.

"
grimjack68 wrote:

You can still use Devouring Diadem if you like. I'm a fan of Viridi's, I find curse immunity to be more useful than being able to run without a mana flask, but there are plenty who disagree with me. The two common gearings are:
1. Viridi's / magic ring in the curse immune spot / enduring mana flask
2. Devouring.

With option #2 you need higher resists so you can still run elemental weakness maps, and you get an extra flask slot - which you should probably put a curse removal affix on, but remember it doesn't remove map wide curses, and you aren't curse immune during it's effect, it just removes curses when used.

As for withering step, you lose the movement bonus, but you've still applied wither stacks to all targets in the AOE. So my normal bossing routine is:
- Scoot up close. Hopefully they are explaining how / why they are going to murder you in detail, so you can preload. :)
- while stationary, so my withering step cooldown runs, I plant 5 totems, pop flasks, plant the banner and start vaal haste, then load up the area with toxic rain.
- As soon as they go active, I move to activate withering step. I have it assigned to left click on the mouse. This will add stacks to everything in range.
- Immediately I go back to stacking TR pods on target. I lose the movement buff / elusive from withering step, but the targets are still affected by the stacks of wither it applied.
- Mix in Enduring cry whenever I get tagged hard enough to eat into my life pool, and renew the totems as they drop off or get destroyed, move every now and then to reapply the wither stacks, but mostly, just keep dropping TR pods on target until they melt.

AOE. I hate to point this out, but 10%+20%+9%+8% is 47, not 38. So what you should do is drop the ring, and you'll be right on 1.39.

Hey, I wanted to give a quick headsup what I could do with your tips:
- First of all: I learned to count to 39. AoE should be sorted out now.
- I bought a new chest with 10% max Life as extra max ES and a TR 21/20 for the main hand.
- I switched to Viridi's Veil to see if I can sustain mana - which I can, so Viridi's Veil feels really great - with magic ring in right slot
- I bought an +1 Dex Gem amulet.
- With Empower (3+1), the amulet, and the bow my TR is now 28/20.

And it's awesome - I basically don't die anymore, except to a few bosses (but that's mainly because of my hectic playstyle and not paying attention) and the general clear speed while mapping is way better.

So what are the next steps? Better Jewels for my Styygian Vise and Tree (Life, CODT multi, Attack speed)? Empower 4? Enlighten 4 to run Grace, Malevolence, Determination and Vitality? Then the Endgame-Bow (+3 gems, CDOT multi, Att Speed Thicket Bow)? CDOT multi in general?

So, thanks again for the great tips!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to post the POB link: https://pastebin.com/7hhbq87n
Last edited by fepicail on Nov 23, 2021, 2:40:40 PM
hmm, I need to figure out how to be more tanky other than more HP gear. I also need to figure out how everyone else is grabbing more auras. I guess I need the devouring diadem or I have to stick with my vitality, malevolence and banner. Right? I capped my resists and I got 55% suppression and I think around that for chance to suppress.
Instead of vitality, try squeeze in Grace if you can. Vitality is just a nice bonus on top if you can get it in.
Last edited by brunowa on Nov 23, 2021, 5:18:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info