3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
FedePOE wrote:
Hello I am relatively new to the game and I am now at Act 9 with this build. I am having issues with bosses (it seems I am doing very little damage). What should be the "correct" DPS at this stage of the game?

Thanks
Wow. You've made it to act 9 with that setup? That's damn impressive.

If you're playing SSF, this is all going to be wrong, but if you're in trade league, you can make some major improvements pretty easily.

Bow first, as that's the biggest DPS boost easily achievable. Quill rain is a great starter bow, you can buy one with itemlevel 35+ so it's capable of rolling 5 sockets. itemlevel 50+ if you want to include the possibility of 6 sockets. Throw Jewelers orbs at it until you get 5 or 6 sockets, then fusings until you get 5 or 6 links. Alternatively, you could start with a short / grove / thicket bow base (fastest attack speed) with the same itemlevels, then craft it with alterations / augments until you get +1 to level of gems or attack speed. Or both! Then put your main TR skill in the bow, your damage will skyrocket.

Get your totem setup working, it's a DPS boost you should use on bosses as it applies wither. It'll work in a 4L, but getting a 5L at this point should be trivial. Toxic Rain - Withering Touch - Ballista Totem - Multiple Totems - Efficacy - Focused Ballista. Fit as many as you can in that order.

You can run all the rest of the gem setups by now as well, so get 4 sockets on all your gear and set up your auras in one, cast when damage taken in another, and movement utility in the last. This is a good baseline to aim for:

4L: Cast When Damage Taken - Vaal Molten Shell- Increased Duration - Defiance Banner
4L: Flame Dash / Dash - Withering Step
4L: Malevolence | Determination | Grace

Unlikely that you'll be able to run all 3 auras yet, just run what you can with your current setup and still have enough mana unreserved to spam TR.

This should melt anything deep into maps. Post back here if you run into problems, or feel free to message me in game if I'm on. IGN: Grimjack_Scourge_TRC

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Having an issue with running all the aura's. ME currently https://pastebin.com/b5t2gWd2

I can fit all aura's besides haste. Any help would be appreciated.
"
sedenko wrote:
Having an issue with running all the aura's. ME currently https://pastebin.com/b5t2gWd2

I don't think we can fit Haste without a helmet that boosts reservation efficiency... and jewels, and who knows what else. I just use the Vaal portion of Vaal Haste for a DPS boost on bosses.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
https://pastebin.com/dnmrQjaX

Any thoughts on what to upgrade next? Currently looking at empower 4, +dex/chaos neck, enlighten 4 maybe? I also feel like health is a bit low but not sure where to pull more from.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
sedenko wrote:

I don't think we can fit Haste without a helmet that boosts reservation efficiency... and jewels, and who knows what else. I just use the Vaal portion of Vaal Haste for a DPS boost on bosses.

Correct. Haste is just for popping on bosses. It's not really needed, just a nice to have.
in the POB you have two toxic rain chains.. one in the weapon and one in the body armour, which do we use? kind of confused sorry
"
Dooftard wrote:
in the POB you have two toxic rain chains.. one in the weapon and one in the body armour, which do we use? kind of confused sorry

both, you use one for damage output another one(totem one) for applying wither and more clear.
Last edited by UkoCyanide on Nov 12, 2021, 12:44:15 AM
so far this is possibly the best build I have ever played, dunno why I really enjoy the playstyle, seems very flexible, and the reason you can not only tank mobs, you die less also dealing fast consistent dmg
Maybe will be helpful for someone.
My build: https://pastebin.com/4cnUUS5y

It's 20-25 Exalts.
Some things selfcrafted, some bought, some just found on the ground (was lucky with awakened void manipulation and 3x empower).

With all those jewels, rings i have -11 -10 -9 -7 to total mana costs of skills. I have TR costing 7 mana to fire. Having a bit mana regen it can be fired constantly with no need for enduring mana flask (btw, my flask setup is not the best :) ).

I'm a bit newbie in PoE (joined this summer), but this build is the most powerful and tanky i've ever played.
Last edited by Jovianyn on Nov 12, 2021, 9:42:26 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
FedePOE wrote:
Hello I am relatively new to the game and I am now at Act 9 with this build. I am having issues with bosses (it seems I am doing very little damage). What should be the "correct" DPS at this stage of the game?

Thanks
Wow. You've made it to act 9 with that setup? That's damn impressive.

If you're playing SSF, this is all going to be wrong, but if you're in trade league, you can make some major improvements pretty easily.

Bow first, as that's the biggest DPS boost easily achievable. Quill rain is a great starter bow, you can buy one with itemlevel 35+ so it's capable of rolling 5 sockets. itemlevel 50+ if you want to include the possibility of 6 sockets. Throw Jewelers orbs at it until you get 5 or 6 sockets, then fusings until you get 5 or 6 links. Alternatively, you could start with a short / grove / thicket bow base (fastest attack speed) with the same itemlevels, then craft it with alterations / augments until you get +1 to level of gems or attack speed. Or both! Then put your main TR skill in the bow, your damage will skyrocket.

Get your totem setup working, it's a DPS boost you should use on bosses as it applies wither. It'll work in a 4L, but getting a 5L at this point should be trivial. Toxic Rain - Withering Touch - Ballista Totem - Multiple Totems - Efficacy - Focused Ballista. Fit as many as you can in that order.

You can run all the rest of the gem setups by now as well, so get 4 sockets on all your gear and set up your auras in one, cast when damage taken in another, and movement utility in the last. This is a good baseline to aim for:

4L: Cast When Damage Taken - Vaal Molten Shell- Increased Duration - Defiance Banner
4L: Flame Dash / Dash - Withering Step
4L: Malevolence | Determination | Grace

Unlikely that you'll be able to run all 3 auras yet, just run what you can with your current setup and still have enough mana unreserved to spam TR.

This should melt anything deep into maps. Post back here if you run into problems, or feel free to message me in game if I'm on. IGN: Grimjack_Scourge_TRC

thanks ma, much appreciated. I will try and buy something :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info