3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

Can someone take a look at my gear? I'm currently crafting the hunter bow and will have an empower3 for it soon.

I'm mapping fine and have killed delve bosses but have issues with the final phase of Sirus. Wanting to boss better with this build. I know the bow I have is trash and I have 6ex and a non linked blue base with 19ias ready to go. Soon.

Any suggestions otherwise?

I will say, I 100% felt better about this build once I got determination/Grace/malevolence/vitality all running together. Det made it where I only die to Sirus and 120+ scourge greed.

Thanks for any suggestions. I plan to drop one of the mana efficiency clusters for dps eventually (lvl1 corrupted enlighten is 2ex oof) and upgrade the bow.
"
bathristowow wrote:
Hey guys, can you take a look at my build and advise how to increase my damage ?
Since that is the main thing I'm struggling with right now, Kosis on wave 25 just oneshots me for some reason and I cannot even get his energy shield down when he starts channel (im using both ballista and normal TR when trying to drop his HP), there are just tons of variants for this build but the one that I saw in the video seems really good, can someone provide some feedback on my character ?
Your setup is already excellent. Nothing wrong with being just under 4 million DPS! Gear wise, the only real upgrades I can see are:
- Try to find a set of gloves that squeeze in extra attack speed. Bonus points for chaos or projectile damage bases.
- Empower 4.
- Amulet with both +1 dex AND +1 chaos gems.

Those 3 things would boost you from nearly 4m to nearly 5m.

Tree / setup... you may have overinvested in defense - unless you're running HC, of course! Running both Determination and Grace is overkill from what I've found. Personally, I've started running only Vaal Grace, and switched my armour flask for an evasion to keep that effective. If you did the same, you could likely add in haste all the time and vaal haste on bosses. Haste is a 10% boost, VH is 20%.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Siltz wrote:
Can anyone also look at mine, feel like damage is low, considering ive put about 30 ex in gear and gems
I'm confused looking at your setup. You have the bones... bow, gems, body armour... but then stuff starts to get weird.

2 life flasks? Are you really getting hit that often and hard?

Mana flask? You're running Diadem. You should never need mana.

Lion's roar? This isn't a melee build. Check out the flasks section copied directly from Lightee's notes in the inspiration POB:

"

==============================================================================
FLASKS
==============================================================================

After Upgraded Brine King Pantheon (Freeze Immunity, before this use a Heat flask instead of Acceleration):

Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching
Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Warding
Perpetual Granite Flask of Iron Skin
Perpetual Silver Flask of Acceleration
Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline

Your skill tree is equally odd. I'm not sure what the strategy you're running is, but my advice there would be grab the cluster jewels and spend a bunch of respec points to get closer to the suggested tree.

If you want to keep running the right side for Ghost Dance, that's fine, but it really doesn't work well with Queen of the Forest. You need a rare chest with 10% of life as extra energy shield to make that work well, and enough Evasion to make the recovery worthwhile.
"
gmofosho89 wrote:
Can someone take a look at my gear? I'm currently crafting the hunter bow and will have an empower3 for it soon.

I'm mapping fine and have killed delve bosses but have issues with the final phase of Sirus. Wanting to boss better with this build. I know the bow I have is trash and I have 6ex and a non linked blue base with 19ias ready to go. Soon.

Any suggestions otherwise?

I will say, I 100% felt better about this build once I got determination/Grace/malevolence/vitality all running together. Det made it where I only die to Sirus and 120+ scourge greed.

Thanks for any suggestions. I plan to drop one of the mana efficiency clusters for dps eventually (lvl1 corrupted enlighten is 2ex oof) and upgrade the bow.
An Empower level 3 is 1ex, and already a bump in DPS over faster attacks, even without a bow that adds gem levels for it.

Freeze immunity can be had using The Brine King's upgrades in the Pantheon now. Saves you a flask suffix for something else.

An eternal mana flask with curse removal on it isn't that useful either. The newly nerfed flasks now only remove current curses at time of use, there's no curse immunity like in 3.14 and prior leagues, so the enduring prefix is only granting you mana recovery. I'd far rather have increase armour / evasion, shock effect reduction, etc. Any of the affixes that last for the flask effect.

Better abyss jewel for your belt. I'm really fond of blind on hit in there. Medium clusters, too.

Replenishing Remedies on the tree can go. You'll be killing plenty of critters during maps, so the extra charges aren't going to help, and the recharge over time against bosses like sirus is too slow to really help. You're better off getting flasks that gain charges when you are hit or possibly when you deal a crit. Our crit chance is quite low, so I prefer the first of those. For Sirus battles, consider re-specing the pantheon to gain charges over time.

Other than that, the bow you're working on will be a big boost. Might see if you can fit in a vaal haste for boss DPS burst.
I put some more investment into this build and now I can't find anything to upgrade, I am super satisfied with its damage, but surprisingly I find the survivability is lacking in the high-damage content(simulacrum 30 waves specifically). I saw some videos of this build tanking simulacrum 30 waves in SSF, I am sure there is something I can do to upgrade this build to a next step, any suggestions?

here is my current pob: https://pastebin.com/i4HBwYYq

Easy way to get urself a DPS amulet. Around the same or more dps than +1 dex, +1 chaos gems and 1 dot mod amulet. Depends on your build (have to check in PoB).

This also opens up gloves (no need for AOE craft there to reach exactly 39%, so easier to get culling + dot ones, or Despair corrupted.

Buy double t1 dot Hunter amulet off trade for couple of ex (needs an open suffix, unless you wish to annul RNG for it).

Craft multimod + suffixes cannot be changed (need full suffixes, so reforge wouldn't randomly add one and mess things up). Then go Harvest Reforge Chaos. It's ~33% (250 vs 500) chance to hit +1 chaos gems (only mods available are chaos leech and +1).
If you fail, u can just recraft suffixes cannot be changed (multimod stays) and go again.

Most of the time it only adds chaos mod as prefix, so you can craft life and AoE.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Nov 11, 2021, 10:39:00 AM
Hello I am relatively new to the game and I am now at Act 9 with this build. I am having issues with bosses (it seems I am doing very little damage). What should be the "correct" DPS at this stage of the game?

Thanks
"
Escape_Artist wrote:

Easy way to get urself a DPS amulet. Around the same or more dps than +1 dex, +1 chaos gems and 1 dot mod amulet. Depends on your build (have to check in PoB).

This also opens up gloves (no need for AOE craft there to reach exactly 39%, so easier to get culling + dot ones, or Despair corrupted.

Buy double t1 dot Hunter amulet off trade for couple of ex (needs an open suffix, unless you wish to annul RNG for it).

Craft multimod + suffixes cannot be changed (need full suffixes, so reforge wouldn't randomly add one and mess things up). Then go Harvest Reforge Chaos. It's ~33% (250 vs 500) chance to hit +1 chaos gems (only mods available are chaos leech and +1).
If you fail, u can just recraft suffixes cannot be changed (multimod stays) and go again.

Most of the time it only adds chaos mod as prefix, so you can craft life and AoE.

What would you do if you had the 2 suffixes but no open prefixes
"
Liquinova wrote:

What would you do if you had the 2 suffixes but no open prefixes

Harvest, Reforge keep suffixes can lower the amount of prefixes.
Last edited by Escape_Artist on Nov 11, 2021, 3:42:16 PM
"
UkoCyanide wrote:
I put some more investment into this build and now I can't find anything to upgrade, I am super satisfied with its damage, but surprisingly I find the survivability is lacking in the high-damage content(simulacrum 30 waves specifically). I saw some videos of this build tanking simulacrum 30 waves in SSF, I am sure there is something I can do to upgrade this build to a next step, any suggestions?

here is my current pob: https://pastebin.com/i4HBwYYq
Those vids could easily be from folks running closer to the original tree from Lightee. I'm running a similar setup, where I dropped QOTF and the Devouring Diadem. Rare chest with 10% of life as extra ES paired with Ghost Dance on the tree is big, then Viridi's helm with a rare ring makes you curse immune. Switch to a Jade flask instead of granite to boost your evasion for even more effectiveness of ghost dance, and I personally fitted an Enduring Cry for quick heals and more damage mitigation.

Now, with all that said, I absolutely have not tried wave 30 yet, so your mileage may vary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info