[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

"
Remzor wrote:

Thanks a lot for the reply!
Indeed, I always have the notes with me when I'm doing the chest piece. It's my 4th-ish sacrificial now but I can't get quite the result I want (missing the spell supp. cap, +life is more important to me but I might be super wrong here).

On my way to get the second Forbbiden jewel soon to get some more DPS.
I'll see what I can do to min-max with the very good double implicits you posted with Zhenniao.

I went through your skill tree, you skilled culling strike instead of +8% Chance to Supress Spell Damage for each dagger, which loses you 16% Supression.
Fun fact, if you skill the 16% suppression and get +3 Dex somewhere (Cluster Jewels with +All Attributes is a good example), then you have 100% spell suppression.
Last edited by Terrasearch on Apr 20, 2022, 12:50:07 PM
Killed 60% Quant The Feared, but with 2 deaths because I ignored all mechanics. Was my first try this league.
https://youtu.be/TPoKMXVH0Hg
Last edited by Terrasearch on Apr 20, 2022, 7:59:36 PM
"
Terrasearch wrote:

I went through your skill tree, you skilled culling strike instead of +8% Chance to Supress Spell Damage for each dagger, which loses you 16% Supression.
Fun fact, if you skill the 16% suppression and get +3 Dex somewhere (Cluster Jewels with +All Attributes is a good example), then you have 100% spell suppression.

Indeed, I never paid attention to that node and actually never changed it, thanks for this :D
I might take a new look at my jewels in general, as I don't have much res./all attributes on them.
I was thinking to play this build, cos I remember playing it I belive in metamorph he was claping. These days can you compare dps from few years ago and now?
"
Fulcik wrote:
I was thinking to play this build, cos I remember playing it I belive in metamorph he was claping. These days can you compare dps from few years ago and now?

It did all content in 3.17, including the hardest possible maps, the feared 60% quant and simulacrum 30.
"
Fulcik wrote:
Only started playing it back in harvest so i don't know if it got hit with any nerfs before that. I believe my Pob from harvest or ritual was 13m dps and current one is at 20m dps with some possible changes that could be made depending on if the new unique jewels or awakened enlighten is worth using. But yeah it can still be league started and playstyle feels the same.
Aight, thanks. I guess Ive just picked my league starter! (:
Thank you for the build guide.

I am considering Blade Vortex as my league start and I'm struggling to decide between poison blade vortex build or cold blade vortex.

Are there any benefits to one or the other to your knowledge? I would prefer the one that is easier on a budget as I'm not the best at making currency/trading.

Thank you in advance.
Help save the Kiwis!!

http://www.kiwisforkiwi.org/donate/
"

I am considering Blade Vortex as my league start and I'm struggling to decide between poison blade vortex build or cold blade vortex.

Are there any benefits to one or the other to your knowledge? I would prefer the one that is easier on a budget as I'm not the best at making currency/trading.

Thank you in advance.

To my knowledge cold convert BV is much more expensive, but that may be out of date. Was definitely true as recently as 3.15/16
"
SevenStrikes wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Poison BV is a lot tankier than Cold Blade Vortex builds, from what I have seen.

When talking about damage, it's a bit more complicated:
Cold Blade Vortex is a bit cheaper at league start, but at 2 weeks in, Poison BV is cheaper. That's because Cold Iron Point costs 1ex at league start and there is no good replacement for it. But you only need one at league start, because you will need Binos for your offhand, until you can afford Asenaths. Rest of the uniques are about the same.

Mid-Late Game Cold BV scales somewhat linear, while PBV gets a huge push with every single investment. PBV is a lot more cheaper to get through max juice Maps, all 3.17 bosses and 30s Simulacrum. Im not even sure Cold Blade Vortex can do 30s Simulacrum.

At about 40ex you reach your soft cap of PBV scaling, while Cold BV still goes on. When you get Mageblood Cold BV starts Scaling better and is about 20-30% more Damage what I've seen from different PoBs, but still less tanky.

Other things to consider:
- Freeze and chill can help with bosses
- Cold is instant, Poison is not
That means Cold is with the same DPS faster than Poison Blade Vortex with low-mid HP Mobs. Same DPS not same investment.
- Poison lingers, so if you have to move away from a boss, you will often do more damage than with cold blade vortex with the same DPS doing the same.
Fun Fact: I often cleared The Feared while being dead, because of the poison stacks finishing the job.
Last edited by Terrasearch on May 10, 2022, 2:33:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info